Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    All the "evidence" there is, is a youtube video showing him mouth words, some of which obscured by Ashley Cole.

And yet this is enough for basically all of the newspapers and a load of "pundits" and ex-players to come out and suggest that Terry should be:

- Stripped of English captaincy
    - Stripped of Chelsea captaincy
    - Suspended indefinitely until situation is resolved
    - Arrested
    - Sold

(I've seen them all on various news websites).

And of course the media and the internet stirrers just love using the "he's got previous with Ledley King" to back themselves up, because of course he was already proved to be a racist wasn't he? Oh wait..no..there was nothing in that either. All that happened there was Terry was sent off, people presumed for something he said because it wasn't an obvious decision, and because King is black then they assume it was something racist. World class journalism as usual.

But it's to be expected. The English media absolutely love these sensational stories about English players, regardless of the facts, or that people should be innocent until proven guilty, they'll just keep on printing **** and suggesting ****, to get their papers sold, clicks on their websites and people following their stupid tweets.

**** the truth. The truth doesn't sell.
    Terry himself has said he said the words "****ing black ****" but he said he was saying them in the context of "Anton good sir I would never be racist and call you a ****ing black ****" :rofl2:
    Perhaps the FA should show Terry than they would never ban him by handing him a life ban, make everything equal.

ReputationRep:
    Up to you, if you want to be one of those morons who only reads the rumours and jumps to conclusions. Good luck with that.
    Terry is hardly innocent, cheating, racism, you name it hes done it.

even the prick bellamy thinks so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhbv1UxjjU

All the "evidence" there is, is a youtube video showing him mouth words, some of which obscured by Ashley Cole.

And yet this is enough for basically all of the newspapers and a load of "pundits" and ex-players to come out and suggest that Terry should be:

- Stripped of English captaincy- Stripped of Chelsea captaincy
    - Suspended indefinitely until situation is resolved
    - Arrested
    - Sold

(I've seen them all on various news websites).

And of course the media and the internet stirrers just love using the "he's got previous with Ledley King" to back themselves up, because of course he was already proved to be a racist wasn't he? Oh wait..no..there was nothing in that either. All that happened there was Terry was sent off, people presumed for something he said because it wasn't an obvious decision, and because King is black then they assume it was something racist. World class journalism as usual.

But it's to be expected. The English media absolutely love these sensational stories about English players, regardless of the facts, or that people should be innocent until proven guilty, they'll just keep on printing **** and suggesting ****, to get their papers sold, clicks on their websites and people following their stupid tweets.

**** the truth. The truth doesn't sell.
    He was stripped of that once before and earnt it back by virtue of the fact he's the best man for the job. People are just happy to believe the worst about him because of his past and the general negative impression of our players. If there is anything in it, which I doubt, it's probably no worse than occurs ten or fifteen times in every single game anyway.

(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    Yeah.

It wont.
    Well, 4-1 is still good enough for us.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't get it. He's with a team of predominantly black people and he's the captain of the team, there would surely be reports of him falling out with anelka/malouda/drogba if he was really a racist. This is bull****, it always happens to england's star players, rooney/john terry, probably lampard if they could find any dirt on him too. Would you see this story happen to the likes of adam johnson and milner or the other average players. Titus bramble was alleged to have sexually assaulted someone, but it's not as big news as john terry saying a racist word which he says wasn't in that context.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I really don't get it. He's with a team of predominantly black people and he's the captain of the team, there would surely be reports of him falling out with anelka/malouda/drogba if he was really a racist. This is bull****, it always happens to england's star players, rooney/john terry, probably lampard if they could find any dirt on him too. Would you see this story happen to the likes of adam johnson and milner or the other average players. Titus bramble was alleged to have sexually assaulted someone, but it's not as big news as john terry saying a racist word which he says wasn't in that context.
    This. Finally, some common sense. There's no evidence thus far (although I really haven't been bothered in following the story, so that may have changed) that he said anything racist, and it makes such big news. :yawn:

On a more interesting note, what do we reckon for today? Alex to start, or Ivanovic? That liability Bosingwa isn't playing, so...and Fernando back...

Unfortunately I'm missing the game...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    This. Finally, some common sense. There's no evidence thus far (although I really haven't been bothered in following the story, so that may have changed) that he said anything racist, and it makes such big news. :yawn:

On a more interesting note, what do we reckon for today? Alex to start, or Ivanovic? That liability Bosingwa isn't playing, so...and Fernando back...

Unfortunately I'm missing the game...:mad:
    It seems that my post above has been conveniently ignored :mmm:
    Terry HIMSELF has said he said the words '****ing black ****' towards anton Ferdinand but he says he was saying "Anton, I would never call you a ****ing black ****". Which is the most bull**** excuse ever.

Also, just because someone is racist doesn't mean they are moronic. He isn't going to jeopardise his career and wealth by being openly racist if he is.
    I doubt he is racist to the extent people want him to be, more just politically incorrect and believing that he was just insulting someone rather than using a racist insult.

ReputationRep:
    Hahah that's the worst excuse ever. Why did he want to see anton straight after cos he was guilty and ****ting himself. Can't wait to boo the racist today

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think the score today will be? I'm an Arsenal fan (don't hate!) but I was wondering how Chelsea fans are feeling about the game.

ReputationRep:
    Gervinho vs Ferreira or Gervinho vs Ivanovic tbh. I'd rather have Ivanovic playing at Centre back with JT and play Ferreira at Right back.

But I think this will be the starting 11.

Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - JT - Cole

Mikel
    Lampard - Meireles/Ramires (if he's fit enough to start)

Sturridge - Torres - Mata

2-1 Chelsea I think. The 1 goal from Van Persie. Torres and Sturridge to score one a piece.

Wishful thinking. Torres Hat trick :P

ReputationRep:

Look at that! How that 'racist' Terry is trying to use his iron strong head to break Diaby's foot!!! Unbelievable!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    exactly. half of chelsea is black.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully a comfortable win today, Arsenal are not properly back yet after their awful first games this season and we always to well at home against them.

If we can keep RVP occupied then it should be a win for us, but Bosingwa will probably play as his suspension is over and Ivanovic at CB not Luiz hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    i dont get it how is calling anton a black **** racist? if he's anything like his brother its probably true lol. surely its just a descriptive word, had drogba called barton a white ....... would anyone care, i don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    Terry is hardly innocent, cheating, racism, you name it hes done it.

even the prick bellamy thinks so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhbv1UxjjU
    Ah I see, he's "hardly innocent" because of his "reputation" as opposed to the facts.

You must be one of these people who reads the newspapers, sees someone has been accused of a crime and automatically assume they are guilty, due to them looking a bit strange, or because the papers come up with all these fanciful stories about them, lacking any quotes or sources or anything that resembles truth.

Good god you are a fool. But hey, if it's working for you, great. Just don't go into Law as a career okay?

ReputationRep:
    Your bench is :coma:
    Would love us to try and get Lukaku on loan.

Get in :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    C'mon blues.

ReputationRep:
    we are not playing well. torres is not getting much service and not looking dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge has shown his pace, but that's about it. Can't believe he didn't set Torres up when it was 3 on 1! Also missed a good chance himself. Hasn't played too well, get Nico on.

ReputationRep:
    Well, this was predictable, van persie will score because we can't keep a clean sheet, arsenal will struggle from the pace of sturridge and mata, arsenal will fail to defend from a set piece. I said this to my flatmate before the game.
    Now 45 mins left, lets see what happens.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.