Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    As tempting as it is to gloat, I will instead ask a simple question: why the hell doesnt AVB play David Luiz? In my opinion he is your best player. If you don't want him at the back, put him in midfield. Also, Meireles is easily better than Mikel, he caused us big problems with his passing when he came on.
    Luiz is too much of a liability in defense and makes silly mistakes like in the QPR game. And I agree, but Meireles is seen as an attacking player rather than a defensive, if he could play defensive and attack, that would be brilliant, but it'll take time and adapting.

I doubt it's much compensation at the moment, but that was an absolutely stunning game of football. :coma: I like Chelsea under Villas-Boas much more than their previous avatars (and not just because they lost today ).

(Original post by milkytea)
    As tempting as it is to gloat, I will instead ask a simple question: why the hell doesnt AVB play David Luiz? In my opinion he is your best player. If you don't want him at the back, put him in midfield. Also, Meireles is easily better than Mikel, he caused us big problems with his passing when he came on.
    I'm guessing Luiz was dropped for today because of what I gather was a terrible performance against QPR. I definitely agree with the second point, though: Meireles is a very good player and should be starting ahead of Mikel (or possibly Ramires).

ReputationRep:
    C-H-3-L-5-E-A

Haha, just saw that. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Our defence is so crap. It's not the actual defenders, it's the unit. Bosingwa is now officially a liability though. We're a stronger team in midfield and attack from last season, mikel was playing well, but he was at fault for one of the goals, should have got back as soon as he slipped.
    Malouda's a liability since january. Sturridge was playing well until the second half, he needs to work on his final ball if he's a winger. He reminds me a bit of nani when he was 21-22 though.

ReputationRep:
    AVB must stop playing the high line now, we've had too many shockers already. Why did he feel the need to change it? We've had one of the best defences in the league for years and now we've got one of the worst. Back to basics please and drop Bosingwa and Malouda and never play them again.

ReputationRep:
    First off, I'm not going to lie - It was an excellent comeback for Arsenal, they deserve credit. But Chelsea could of done so many things to prevent the goals.

Replace Boswinga, Gervinho skipped past him like he wasn't even there and there was too much open space - not enough closing in or pressure. In the first half, the defending was slightly lax, but it was still very good. Ivanovic did well.

Ramires played really good, his slide tackles saved us from so many Arsenal attacks. Mata was shining and as for Sturridge and Torres.. Well :facepalm2:

I don't quite understand what AVB is sometimes playing at, he wants to attack and attack, but tbh.. He should of stuck to defending in the second half and go for the counter attack and protect the lead. He wants to score goals and I don't think that's the best policy to pursue against a team like Arsenal, attacking leaves you exposed and they're good on the counter attack. And improve the defending it's really poor..

ReputationRep:
    Malouda just doesn't deserve to play, I would bring up a youngster or even better REPLACE Malouda with Kakuta when he gets back!

Oh and AVB said on Blues news yesterday that Anelka had a stiff calf and he was in doubt for today, only reason he wasn't on the bench.

Yeah Arsenal get credit for a great comeback. Mata and Ramires had to be the best players today and Bosingwa's back to his old self. We're getting exposed against the top clubs AT HOME with this high line. Meireles has to be equally as important as Mata now, his passing is sublime. Lampard, Ramires and Meireles should start and IMO, when Essien comes back, I wouldn't even hesitate to play Ramires, Meireles and Essien as the DM as our midfield 3. Torres and Sturridge had shockers -.-. We need to buy a new right back or just move Ivanovic there permanently. Either play David Luiz or/and sell Alex and buy a new centre back or bring back Bruma. I know Luiz is a liability but he still get's tackles in and drives us at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Luiz is very liable defensively. Midfield is already packed with quality, so we can't shift him there. The only thing we could try is rotate him with Mikel. Meireles is better up the midfield than holding it.

I'm just wondering why on earth Lukaku was put on the bench instead of Anelka?
    Anelka was injured

ReputationRep:
    overall we didn't desevrve to win, we were better in the first half but arsenal were much better in the second and they did more with the ball

ReputationRep:
    This has been waiting to happen tbf. You guys are really poor, you have just been scarppling along so far this season.
    Mourinho probably had an angina and threw away his tv after watching that match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    First off, I'm not going to lie - It was an excellent comeback for Arsenal, they deserve credit. But Chelsea could of done so many things to prevent the goals.

Replace Boswinga, Gervinho skipped past him like he wasn't even there and there was too much open space - not enough closing in or pressure. In the first half, the defending was slightly lax, but it was still very good. Ivanovic did well.

Ramires played really good, his slide tackles saved us from so many Arsenal attacks. Mata was shining and as for Sturridge and Torres.. Well :facepalm2:

I don't quite understand what AVB is sometimes playing at, he wants to attack and attack, but tbh.. He should of stuck to defending in the second half and go for the counter attack and protect the lead. He wants to score goals and I don't think that's the best policy to pursue against a team like Arsenal, attacking leaves you exposed and they're good on the counter attack. And improve the defending it's really poor..
    He didn't really threaten much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I doubt it's much compensation at the moment, but that was an absolutely stunning game of football. :coma: I like Chelsea under Villas-Boas much more than their previous avatars (and not just because they lost today ).

I'm guessing Luiz was dropped for today because of what I gather was a terrible performance against QPR. I definitely agree with the second point, though: Meireles is a very good player and should be starting ahead of Mikel (or possibly Ramires).
    Ramires unlocks defences but doesn't have the skill to get past them, he works hard for the team like kuyt does for liverpool, Mikel, without him, we would have conceded so much more. I think we need essien back though. Lukaku well he needs time because besides fouling for the goal he didn't do much.
    Schezhny should have been sent off though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    He didn't really threaten much.
    Set up the first goal and scored the third, made some good runs and passes. Shining in comparison to the rest of the team I should of added.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    This has been waiting to happen tbf. You guys are really poor, you have just been scarppling along so far this season.
    Mourinho probably had an angina and threw away his tv after watching that match.
    Like man united did for the whole of last season?

ReputationRep:
    Seems Terry won't go up for crosses unless they're burning.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea lost because of AVB, he should have simply played defensive counter-attacking football after going in 2-1 at half-time. Tactics he played today were bad to say the least, how can you attack Arsenal with so many players? He made it easy for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Set up the first goal and scored the third, made some good runs and passes. Shining in comparison to the rest of the team I should of added.
    Exactly, mata's a great player, I think the bridge is a bit too small a pitch for him though, he doesn't have as much space as david silva does to drift in and out, well he didn't have it in this game, does anyone know how big the dimensions are at eastlands is though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Lol. I repeat, he didn't threaten much. On his day, he would be tearing this Arsenal defense into pieces. Just because he was the least crap of the mob doesn't mean he was good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    The difference is we ended up winning it, but if u keep going on like this it doesnt even look like you will finnish 3rd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    United didn't lose away iirc especially not 5-3. So NO!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.