Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Lol. I repeat, he didn't threaten much. On his day, he would be tearing this Arsenal defense into pieces. Just because he was the least crap of the mob doesn't mean he was good.
    By saying he was crap you make him sound like he didn't do anything, but I could of sworn he set up Frank's goal and scored the third?

But I think we can agree that in the second half, the performance was poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Lol. I repeat, he didn't threaten much. On his day, he would be tearing this Arsenal defense into pieces. Just because he was the least crap of the mob doesn't mean he was good.
    He was for the first half, so was sturridge, then sturridge just lost his mentality in the second half, Sturridge reminds me of nani a few years ago, give him two years and we have the best winger in the league.
    After this game, we need to sort out the defence for sure. We don't need a new defender, at spells ivanovic and terry were playing well, just that they weren't working as a unit, we have a better attacking side than last season, where we couldn't score enough goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    By saying he was crap you make him sound like he didn't do anything, but I could of sworn he set up Frank's goal and scored the third?
    Jheez dude, if you are happy for him to be playing at the level he played today, I fear for you. He needs to step it up a bit more. You can think of only 2 thing in a 90 minutes match- Any slide through ball for Torres to run onto? Was he consitently beating plyaers? Ps the assist for the first goal came during a period when Chelsea,as the home team, were on top-that's the status quo, so nothing special about that. The third goal only game cos the ref didn't blow for a blatant obstruction by Lukaku.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkshadow1111)
    The difference is we ended up winning it, but if u keep going on like this it doesnt even look like you will finnish 3rd.
    I know, but I think that chelsea will keep on working, we can win the league, man utd lost 6-1 to city at home, who would have thought that would be the result, football's a funny game. We do need another winger, i'm really scared about having malouda and kalou in the first team if mata or sturridge gets injured, would have rather kept zhirkov tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that sucked. Conceding 5 at home, especially in derby vs Arsenal...

BOTH defences were awful today and it was a high tempo attacking game but Arsenal's attackers (Walcott, RVP) simply played better TODAY then Torres and Sturridge, that was the difference.

I know AVB likes to attack but playing such a high line is not going well for us and we have not kept a clean sheet for ages.

It has been a crazy league so far though and a long, long, long way to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)

BOTH defences were awful today and it was a high tempo attacking game but Arsenal's attackers (Walcott, RVP) simply played better TODAY then Torres and Sturridge, that was the difference.

I know AVB likes to attack but playing such a high line is not going well for us and we have not kept a clean sheet for ages.

Our central defenders are not fast enough to defend a counter attack with a high line besides luiz. Anyway we just need to keep on winning, we have blackburn away, that should be a win for us, since I believe they are getting relegated. We need to sort out our defence, we usually concede 30 goals a season, it's looking like 40 goals now, that's the difference between winning a title and not winning one, we just need one massive victory against a team, like united and city have done early on against arsenal and tottenham respectively and we'll get back on track. Either win in a big game, or beat a small team badly.

We're scoring enough goals though, we're just conceding too much. I looked at last season, we scored under 80 goals and conceded 27 i think, the season before we scored 102 or something like that, I think that we'll concede 40 at this rate, and score 80 goals, which isn't enough to win the league, I know this is a bad way to see whether we're winning the league or not, but I also looked at other leagues, Real madrid conceded too many, which costed them the league last season even though they scored the most goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Jheez dude, if you are happy for him to be playing at the level he played today, I fear for you. He needs to step it up a bit more. You can think of only 2 thing in a 90 minutes match- Any slide through ball for Torres to run onto? Was he consitently beating plyaers? Ps the assist for the first goal came during a period when Chelsea,as the home team, were on top-that's the status quo, so nothing special about that. The third goal only game cos the ref didn't blow for a blatant obstruction by Lukaku.
    He's still a new player don't forget and he's still adapting, but the main thing is that he's showing promising signs. As for the obstruction, well I could recall Santos doing the same to Lukaku and nothing coming out of it. But then you'll have your opinion, I'll have mine. We'll see how the season pans out, all the best for your team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    He's still a new player don't forget and he's still adapting, but the main thing is that he's showing promising signs. As for the obstruction, well I could recall Santos doing the same to Lukaku and nothing coming out of it. But then you'll have your opinion, I'll have mine. We'll see how the season pans out, all the best for your team.
    Well scheczny should have got a red anyway tbh.
    No excuses though. We need a lower defensive line, but I don't think that helps torres, because building up from the back will take longer because they're further away from the attacking end now, and he likes a fast tempo game, but really that's what I think we need. Our defenders are too slow to cover, also ashley cole did not have a good game, he was getting ripped up by walcott quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)

TODAY? as in sturridge > walcott lol.

sit down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Yes Santos one should have been blown as well but the ref didn't give himself a leg to stand on tbh. Two wrongs doesn't make a right. I'm not expecting much from us tbh. The game doesn't give me much with much confidence if anthing, it showed how deep our defensive woes are.

And it's debatle whether Sczene should've been off. I think yellow was right plus keepers are allowed to be crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ano1)
    TODAY? as in sturridge > walcott lol.

sit down.
    They play different positions normally, but so far this season Sturridge has been very good and Walcott has not been at his best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Yes Santos one should have been blown as well but the ref didn't give himself a leg to stand on tbh. Two wrongs doesn't make a right. I'm not expecting much from us tbh. The game doesn't give me much with much confidence if anthing, it showed how deep our defensive woes are.

And it's debatle whether Sczene should've been off. I think yellow was right plus keepers are allowed to be crazy.
    Goalscoring oppurtunity though, so I think he should have been sent off. Ruddy got a red when ramires was fouled against norwich because it was a goalscoring oppurtinity, same thing for gomes when tottenham played inter last year because it was a goalscoring oppurtunity. Casillas did something similar last season and got a red, consistancy between referees.
    That doesn't outshadow a poor defensive performance from chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    So tempted to take Bosingwa out of my fantasy team ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    I know how you feel, he does well against the small teams though bar QPR.

(Original post by rockrunride)
    I had so many players on injuries today, decided to swap out Young for Silva instead of Suarez for Persie thinking that he wouldn't get more than 1 goal in this game. After all, FF is far more important than real life :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    CH3L5EA, what's the Mata? You look Terryfived!

ReputationRep:
    david luiz needs to play
    i think AVB needs to toughen up on players. our team is too selfish, particularly the likes of bosingwa, malouda, sturridge, kalou. they dont pass when they can. today sturrridge pissed me off big time. torres would have scored if sturridge passed. sturridge is young and selfish and wants glory.bosingwa needs to stop attacking so much and defend for once.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I've gotten rid of my depression. Chelsea will sort themselves out from this, this happened to tottenham against the mancs they sorted it out against liverpool, this happened to arsenal, they sorted it out against us, this happened to man united, they sorted it out the next game, now all we need is to face city when we've sorted it out, if the trend works then we'll end up smashing our next title/top 4 rival.

ReputationRep:
    Thwacked !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Ah I see, he's "hardly innocent" because of his "reputation" as opposed to the facts.

You must be one of these people who reads the newspapers, sees someone has been accused of a crime and automatically assume they are guilty, due to them looking a bit strange, or because the papers come up with all these fanciful stories about them, lacking any quotes or sources or anything that resembles truth.

Good god you are a fool. But hey, if it's working for you, great. Just don't go into Law as a career okay?
    The quotes are that John Terry HIMSELF has said that he said to Ferdinand "****ing black ****". It is only that he is trying to say the context was "Anton, I am just telling you that I would never call you a ****ing black ****".
    So, yes, Terry himself has said it. However, his excuse is flimsy and utter balls.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.