Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    The quotes are that John Terry HIMSELF has said that he said to Ferdinand "****ing black ****". It is only that he is trying to say the context was "Anton, I am just telling you that I would never call you a ****ing black ****".
    So, yes, Terry himself has said it. However, his excuse is flimsy and utter balls.
    I am aware of that, but I give him the benefit of the doubt without jumping to the assumption that he is lying and guilty, unlike you. If he is proven to have been lying, then yes, I will agree that he should be disciplined, but you cannot assume someone is guilty just because you don't like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    I am aware of that, but I give him the benefit of the doubt without jumping to the assumption that he is lying and guilty, unlike you. If he is proven to have been lying, then yes, I will agree that he should be disciplined, but you cannot assume someone is guilty just because you don't like them.
    I don't assume he is guilty due to any personality defect he has. I haven't even said I believe he is guilty. I have only said that his excuse is absolutely terrible, especially in light of Ferdinand saying he hadn't even said to Terry anything along the lines of "why are you being racist good sir?"

ReputationRep:
    Missed the game as I was playing. Were we really that bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Missed the game as I was playing. Were we really that bad?
    Defence = 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Defence = 0
    Really? :mad: My friend is a season-ticket holder at the Bridge, he said Bosingwa is the worst right back in the league currently. Exaggeration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Jheez dude, if you are happy for him to be playing at the level he played today, I fear for you. He needs to step it up a bit more. You can think of only 2 thing in a 90 minutes match- Any slide through ball for Torres to run onto? Was he consitently beating plyaers? Ps the assist for the first goal came during a period when Chelsea,as the home team, were on top-that's the status quo, so nothing special about that. The third goal only game cos the ref didn't blow for a blatant obstruction by Lukaku.
    He did do a couple slide throughs for torres in the first 15-20 mins. Torres had a quiet game, his game wasn't suited to arsenals game tbh. like in the second half near the end, they defended really deep. torres couldn't really play well when they defend deep because he hasn't been able to beat players like he used to.
    I still think torres is not at his sparkling best though, I saw the highlights of liverpool vs real madrid, he was destroying pepe and albiol who are better than kosc and mertesacker, yet he was unable to do it to kosc and mertesacker today.

ReputationRep:
    Really? :mad: My friend is a season-ticket holder at the Bridge, he said Bosingwa is the worst right back in the league currently. Exaggeration?
    He's poor defensively but great for attacking, I saw him against leverkusen at the bridge, he was making stupid mistakes, like dilly dallying in the box when he's under pressure and nearly conceding a goal.
    Chelsea's defence is a joke, we needed this to be honest, just like united, arsenal and tottenham needed their thrashings.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely an exaggeration.

He's very good at attacking, however his primary job as a defender is to DEFEND, and too often we were caught on the counter and he was stranded in Arsenal's half.

AVB got the plan wrong - we should have played more defensive and used counter attacking more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Definitely an exaggeration.

He's very good at attacking, however his primary job as a defender is to DEFEND, and too often we were caught on the counter and he was stranded in Arsenal's half.

AVB got the plan wrong - we should have played more defensive and used counter attacking more.

(Original post by jam277)
    He's poor defensively but great for attacking, I saw him against leverkusen at the bridge, he was making stupid mistakes, like dilly dallying in the box when he's under pressure and nearly conceding a goal.
    Chelsea's defence is a joke, we needed this to be honest, just like united, arsenal and tottenham needed their thrashings.
    Okay, fair enough. It seems that we have Luiz, Cole, and Bosingwa, who are all good going forward and creative - but this creates a suspect defence....

ReputationRep:
    Okay, fair enough. It seems that we have Luiz, Cole, and Bosingwa, who are all good going forward and creative - but this creates a suspect defence....
    We should have put ivanovic on the right flank and alex in the middle, bosingwa's no dani alves to successfully defend and attack at the same time. Plus barca's defence is suspect at the moment this season as well. Dani alves really doesn't help when mascherano and busquetts are the centre backs.

ReputationRep:
    End of JT. He should just stick to racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicineStuudent)
    End of JT. He should just stick to racism.
    Wasteman, this is just like the time we got beat 4-2 by city and guess what, we won the double that year. Good times ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Wasteman, this is just like the time we got beat 4-2 by city and guess what, we won the double that year. Good times ahead.
    Waste man? I study medicine not collecting bins :/Anyway, you havent got half the team you had that yet. Most of your team is past it now. You will still finish third though, luckily.

Just watching M0tD, that was a definite red against their keeper.

ReputationRep:
    Waste man? I study medicine not collecting bins :/Anyway, you havent got half the team you had that yet. Most of your team is past it now. You will still finish third though, luckily.
    It means loser. How are most our team past it? If you haven't noticed, our first team is pretty different from the team that won the double two years ago, we used deco and ballack and put anelka, drogba and malouda in the first team, only thing that hasn't changed is defence and goalie, they're world class players, but aren't working as a defensive unit at the moment because chelsea are an attack minded team now and have been looking to build the attack up. You chat crap. We were too old two years ago, but we won the double that year right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Just watching M0tD, that was a definite red against their keeper.
    Thank you!!! No one can say that was a yellow. It was last man and goalscoring oppurtunity, once the goalie is out of the area it is a goalscoring oppurtunity, so he should have been sent off, to be fair, AVB complaining about the refereeing was completely justified, eitherway it was a piss poor performance from us, but if it was 11 vs 10, it could have been a different scoreline.

ReputationRep:
    It means loser. How are most our team past it? If you haven't noticed, our first team is pretty different from the team that won the double two years ago, we used deco and ballack and put anelka, drogba and malouda in the first team, only thing that hasn't changed is defence and goalie, they're world class players, but aren't working as a defensive unit at the moment because chelsea are an attack minded team now and have been looking to build the attack up. You chat crap. We were too old two years ago, but we won the double that year right?
    Terry is past it. Cole is not over Cheryl. Lampard is past it. And Torres up front.. Defo worse than two years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Terry is past it. Cole is not over Cheryl. Lampard is past it. And Torres up front.. Defo worse than two years ago.
    Why is this never mentioned on MotD?
    Oh yeah, because it's total crap :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge, Ashley Cole and Cech all had bad games.

Torres had no service. Sturridge and Cole dallied on the ball far, far too long when they should be passing first time. Jeez, if I was torres, I'd be fuming at them for not crossing earlier. Easy tap-in.

Malouda killed us. God I dislike having him in the team. Ergh. Looked like mata had a quality game too....

Also, it looks like Luiz isn't to blame for our suspect defense. He wasnt in the starting line-up, and we conceded 5. It's the whole unit that needs work. I like having Luiz in the team.... quality player, and unjustified criticism.

ReputationRep:
    If terry is past it, we'll just use luiz and alex, how can you say cole isn't over Cheryl and use that as a reason for his poor performances, he's played pretty well and is still consistant.
    Torres will get back in form, he's had a good run of games besides today, if lampard is past it, we'll use meireles,
    at the wings, we have mata and sturridge, they are better than anelka and malouda are, you cannot deny that. We get this same thing every year, chelsea are too old to win the title, but we overcame the odds, we were also title favourites last season, we've had one bad season and we're being dismissed. Look at man uniteds team, their midfield is average, nani, vidic, VDS, berbatov and hernandez pretty much won them the title last season, Rooney was poor until the last 3 months of the season.
    This season, their defence is as bad as us but don't get punished(evra and ferdinand are past it and evans is a liability), their centre midfielders are still average which was shown in the city game, just the wingers and the strikers saving them, yet they're considered as title contenders. our midfield and wingers are saving us too, but we're not title favourites, I really don't get it?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.