Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Sturridge, Ashley Cole and Cech all had bad games.

Torres had no service. Sturridge and Cole dallied on the ball far, far too long when they should be passing first time. Jeez, if I was torres, I'd be fuming at them for not crossing earlier. Easy tap-in.

Malouda killed us. God I dislike having him in the team. Ergh. Looked like mata had a quality game too....

Also, it looks like Luiz isn't to blame for our suspect defense. He wasnt in the starting line-up, and we conceded 5. It's the whole unit that needs work. I like having Luiz in the team.... quality player, and unjustified criticism.
    Thank you, that's what i've been saying, Malouda, why the hell did we extend his contract till 2015, it's not like he has any proper sell on value after the end of this season, should have kept zhirkov and sold malouda. I said this before *sigh*
    We should have won the game, should have been wrapped up. We know how to play a good game of football. I hope we get giovinco so we can get rid of malouda once and for all,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Thank you, that's what i've been saying, Malouda, why the hell did we extend his contract till 2015, it's not like he has any proper sell on value after the end of this season, should have kept zhirkov and sold malouda. I said this before *sigh*
    We should have won the game, should have been wrapped up. We know how to play a good game of football. I hope we get giovinco so we can get rid of malouda once and for all,
    We actually extended his contract?

ReputationRep:
    Watched MotD, and I've got to say, I felt we were robbed in a sense.

Keeper should have got a Red.
    4 of the goals could have been easily avoided and we could have scored 2-3 more quite easily.

We could have. But we didn't, and overall we were very poor and Arsenal were just that bit luckier and won.

There are several issues that AVB needs to sort out. Fast.

ReputationRep:
    Man U have smashed a top 4 team
    Man City have smashed a top 4 team
    Arsenal kinda smashed Chelsea today

Will Chelsea smash? Our defense is just fugly atm, no home clean sheets in 9 games

RVP :congrats: that last goal was too much to digest and Walcott, the way he dribbled past our defense and smash it home like that was just...

Terry :facepalm:
    Torres, Bosingwa and Malouda
    Mata

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    We actually extended his contract?
    Actually I just realised we didn't, he was looking for one, I thought we did, but we only give 1 year contract extensions to players over 30 apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    Man U have smashed a top 4 team
    Man City have smashed a top 4 team
    Arsenal kinda smashed Chelsea today

Will Chelsea smash? Our defense is just fugly atm, no home clean sheets in 9 games

RVP :congrats: that last goal was too much to digest and Walcott, the way he dribbled past our defense and smash it home like that was just...

Terry :facepalm:
    Torres, Bosingwa and Malouda
    Mata
    We should be doing much better than we are now, Torres just didn't have that edge to him, he wasn't doing the unexpected, his movements were predictable,
    Also, AVB should NEVER play lukaku on the wing again, no matter how bad we're doing.

ReputationRep:
    CH3L5EA, what's the Mata? You look Terryfived!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunit123)
    People who have been beaten 8-2 this season would be wise not to get too cocky.

ReputationRep:

How original! Bravo.

ReputationRep:
    I knew something like that was gonna come, I saw it on fb but hey, we will come back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    People who have been beaten 8-2 this season would be wise not to get too cocky.
    We can take the banter, because we're gonna finish above them this season and hopefully above city and united too.

ReputationRep:
    We can take the banter, because we're gonna finish above them this season and hopefully above city and united too.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see it happening tbh, unless we get rid of this high line. Why fix what wasn't broken? We had one of the best defences in the league over the last 5-6 seasons, and AVB has broken it. There were other ways of introducing more attacking football, without sacrificing basic defending.

4th if we're lucky.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see it happening tbh, unless we get rid of this high line. Why fix what wasn't broken? We had one of the best defences in the league over the last 5-6 seasons, and AVB has broken it. There were other ways of introducing more attacking football, without sacrificing basic defending.

4th if we're lucky.
    We said that last season when we had the bad form, then we closed a 15 point gap to a 3 point gap and we were 5th at the time, if we beat united we would have won the league for sure.
    Yes we need to get rid of the high line, our central defenders are not fast enough to cover and our full backs are very attack minded. Barca have pique who can cover up and have all 11 players defending so it's ok for them, but sturridge and torres like to stay forward and get the ball supplied to them so it won't work, plus we play at a faster tempo than barca. Either that or we buy a new fast defensive minded defender, which i don't see happening.

ReputationRep:
    we said that last season when we had the bad form, then we closed a 15 point gap to a 3 point gap and we were 5th at the time, if we beat united we would have won the league for sure.
    Yes we need to get rid of the high line, our central defenders are not fast enough to cover and our full backs are very attack minded. Barca have pique who can cover up and have all 11 players defending so it's ok for them, but sturridge and torres like to stay forward and get the ball supplied to them so it won't work, plus we play at a faster tempo than barca. Either that or we buy a new fast defensive minded defender, which i don't see happening.
    u r a flop.

ReputationRep:
    AVB must stop playing the high line now, we've had too many shockers already. Why did he feel the need to change it? We've had one of the best defences in the league for years and now we've got one of the worst. Back to basics please and drop Bosingwa and Malouda and never play them again.
    :ditto: Pointed out earlier this season that this high line could cost you. Chelsea don't have the defenders to play a high line and I don't think a high line with rampaging full-backs is a good idea at all in this league, especially in big games. AVB didn't need to change anything defensively. You played right into Arsenal's hands today. A side with genuine pace and a deadly finisher in RVP.

ReputationRep:
    Despite the high line and all that, really hope AVB doesn't get the sack if we don't win anything.

ReputationRep:
    If terry is past it, we'll just use luiz and alex, how can you say cole isn't over Cheryl and use that as a reason for his poor performances, he's played pretty well and is still consistant.
    Torres will get back in form, he's had a good run of games besides today, if lampard is past it, we'll use meireles,
    at the wings, we have mata and sturridge, they are better than anelka and malouda are, you cannot deny that. We get this same thing every year, chelsea are too old to win the title, but we overcame the odds, we were also title favourites last season, we've had one bad season and we're being dismissed. Look at man uniteds team, their midfield is average, nani, vidic, VDS, berbatov and hernandez pretty much won them the title last season, Rooney was poor until the last 3 months of the season.
    This season, their defence is as bad as us but don't get punished(evra and ferdinand are past it and evans is a liability), their centre midfielders are still average which was shown in the city game, just the wingers and the strikers saving them, yet they're considered as title contenders. our midfield and wingers are saving us too, but we're not title favourites, I really don't get it?
    VDS - Vidic - Nani - Berba/Hernandez. That's a lineage going straight through the team. Players leading on every part of the pitch. If Vidic is playing well then he can spread confidence to his CB. At the moment your back four has no confidence. If one of them had confidence or form, then Chelsea would not leak five goals and be a better team. At the moment, you only have half a team, an attacking half.

ReputationRep:
    u r a flop.
    Barca play at a fast tempo, but they like building up, which slows down the play a little especially with their piggy in the middle with xavi and iniesta. We've been playing at a much faster tempo this season and we don't play a whole game where we do short passes. So my point still stands.

ReputationRep:
    HAHA

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.