Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Guys, let's move on, why are we still talking about this? We have a game against Genk tonight, rebound and concentrate there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Guys, let's move on, why are we still talking about this? We have a game against Genk tonight, rebound and concentrate there.
    Indeed.

Hopefully we can replicate another 5-0, like a fortnight ago.

That would be a good response.

(Original post by jam277)
    When malouda passed it, it was obvious before the slip that terry wouldn't have got it and the same thing would have happened anyway, van persie's faster than him, had a headstart as well, terry wasn't going to catch him, so the goal wasn't his fault since he had to keep the high line.
    I agree that Malouda was more to blame than Terry; I was just wondering whether it was a slip in the commonly meant sense or something else - a weird attempt at a lunge or a moment of imbalance when trying to do something (shield the ball from van Persie?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I agree that Malouda was more to blame than Terry; I was just wondering whether it was a slip in the commonly meant sense or something else - a weird attempt at a lunge or a moment of imbalance when trying to do something (shield the ball from van Persie?).
    I think maybe he tried to get some more pace by slipstream like what athletes do, then slipped in the process.

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for tonight, 3-0 chelsea, meireles, torres and kalou/alex/anelka.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Some if your opinions in this forum are quite frankly ridiculous. How old are you, if you don't mind my asking? It's just you seem to have a very immature view on football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Some if your opinions in this forum are quite frankly ridiculous. How old are you, if you don't mind my asking? It's just you seem to have a very immature view on football.
    18, well it's my opinion, i'm not really the manager. I just really use stats mainly when I can.
    To be fair, one or two points have been wrong, but most of them I think they're mainly right.
    I'm sure, you'll agree with these points which have been our problems this season.
    1. Cech hasn't had his best season.
    2. Our defenders haven't been working well with the high defensive line since they're too slow besides luiz who is very attacking for a defender so wouldn't go back to sweep while the full backs are very attacking, that and stupid lapses of concentration have been costing us clean sheets.
    3. Although sturridge has been scoring goals in the winger position, he needs to improve on his delivery and composure sometimes, he can do the unexpected, but like the arsenal match he takes a bit too long on the ball and can be a bit greedy when he could simply lay it off or cross to a team mate. It's all good and well if he's facing bolton and sunderland every week, but against city, united and the top europe teams that won't work.
    4. Torres is a good player, but can only feed off good balls for him to score. poor midfield=torres not scoring. We were bossed in midfield against arsenal in the second half, torres barely touched the ball, while in the first half, we had the wings and the midfield for most of it, torres could have scored a couple of goals.

I'm sure you agree with these points
    Also, for each point, I add the words so far

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/v...?newsfeed=true

Also, for the record, there's the proof for the Terry situation, for those who haven't seen it. Undeniable. There's no place for it in football. If this was Ross Turnbull or some bit part player, there wouldn't be half as much support; but because it's captain marvel, everyone's leaping to his defence, it's pathetic. He deserves whatever he gets.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/v...?newsfeed=true

Also, for the record, there's the proof for the Terry situation, for those who haven't seen it. Undeniable. There's no place for it in football. If this was Ross Turnbull or some bit part player, there wouldn't be half as much support; but because it's captain marvel, everyone's leaping to his defence, it's pathetic. He deserves whatever he gets.
    Fair enough, there's evidence. It sounds like he said 'hey,' instead of 'i didn't say.' Either way he shouldn't have said the last 3 words anyway.
    I really don't get it though, well, if the investigation finishes and sees him as guilty, then yeah. But video evidence especially lip reading doesn't always conclude it, but here it looks like he said it as a racial slur, he deserves what he gets tbf, guilty or innocent.
    I still think that top players do get loads of stick the second they are alleged to do something. Maybe because they're role models but so are all footballers, but if you look at the bramble situation, you don't have nearly as much people slating him.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, there's evidence. It sounds like he said 'hey,' instead of 'i didn't say.' Either way he shouldn't have said the last 3 words anyway.
    I really don't get it though, well, if the investigation finishes and sees him as guilty, then yeah. But video evidence especially lip reading doesn't always conclude it, but here it looks like he said it as a racial slur, he deserves what he gets tbf, guilty or innocent.
    I still think that top players do get loads of stick the second they are alleged to do something. Maybe because they're role models but so are all footballers, but if you look at the bramble situation, you don't have nearly as much people slating him.
    Exact words: 'Hey Anton, you f****** black c**t, f******* n**head.'

Well, he's innocent until proven guilty, and in my opinion he is now guilty. Not officially, but you don't need to be a professional lip reader. He has no defence... As for footballers getting stick, I don't think they get undeserved stick. Suarez wasn't villainized as there was no evidence. Bramble isn't being slated as he isn't proven to be guilty. Terry is taking stick because in most people's eyes, this is as good as proving him guilty. Simple really.

ReputationRep:
    Exact words: 'Hey Anton, you f****** black c**t, f******* n**head.'

Well, he's innocent until proven guilty, and in my opinion he is now guilty. Not officially, but you don't need to be a professional lip reader. He has no defence... As for footballers getting stick, I don't think they get undeserved stick. Suarez wasn't villainized as there was no evidence. Bramble isn't being slated as he isn't proven to be guilty. Terry is taking stick because in most people's eyes, this is as good as proving him guilty. Simple really.
    He could be saying blind not black, lip reading especially when Cole walks in front of the camera is not 100% evidence...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    He could be saying blind not black, lip reading especially when Cole walks in front of the camera is not 100% evidence...
    3 issues with that unfortunately.

1. Cole has no effect.
    2. 'Black' and 'blind' are two completely different lip movements.
    3. Most importantly, don't you think if Terry did say something else, don't you think he would have pointed that out and avoid this whole scenario? Exactly. Instead he comes up with some wishy-washy excuse.

ReputationRep:
    3 issues with that unfortunately.

1. Cole has no effect.
    2. 'Black' and 'blind' are two completely different lip movements.
    3. Most importantly, don't you think if Terry did say something else, don't you think he would have pointed that out and avoid this whole scenario? Exactly. Instead he comes up with some wishy-washy excuse.
    You're right, although I think this should be left to the FA like ferdinand said, I think as wenger said, things can be said at the heat of the moment, apparently he apologised after the match, but yeah there's no place for this, even if he said blind instead of black, it's still said in the same context, only that it doesn't involve his colour, tbf it would probably be said in the same content, it would still be counted as abuse, just not racial abuse.
    I don't know about stripping the england captaincy again and what it would do to england, although this is more of a reason to strip the captaincy off him than last time. Maybe he should stop playing for england for a couple of months or even the euros, like what's happening to rooney after that red card, even though they're two different situations, it will still have an effect.

ReputationRep:
    You're right, although I think this should be left to the FA like ferdinand said, I think as wenger said, things can be said at the heat of the moment, apparently he apologised after the match, but yeah there's no place for this, even if he said blind instead of black, it's still said in the same context, only that it doesn't involve his colour, tbf it would probably be said in the same content, it would still be counted as abuse, just not racial abuse.
    But if it was blind then it is just abuse which is fine as footballers swear and abuse each other every match and the ref too...

From the side, blind and black really are not that different...

ReputationRep:
    But if it was blind then it is just abuse which is fine as footballers swear and abuse each other every match and the ref too...

Tbf, i'm black and I really wouldn't care if someone said that to me, but it's not the type of mentality a role model like him should show, that it's ok to say racial words to people, I don't think terry's a racist and it was said in the heat of the moment, but to be fair, even with that aggression that comes in someones mind(e.g. drogba incident against barcelona)you should still be able to calm down and not say something stupid like those two have done, use your aggression on the pitch, not to provoke your opponent.
    I say, ban him for a couple england games, maybe 2 matches in the tournament as well and a 3 match ban/fine for it. Though he wouldn't get fined since AVB is backing him up, so a 3 match ban could be more likely.

ReputationRep:

Except for Terry himself saying that he said "****ing black ****" it is only the context he disputes not the words themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell is David Luiz taking your penalties? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Yeah, normally CBs don' take penalties and his one was very poor...

You know there are these forwards called Torres, Malouda, Anelka on the pitch and Meireles even...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, normally CBs don' take penalties and his one was very poor...

You know there are these forwards called Torres, Malouda, Anelka on the pitch and Meireles even...
    I would have thought they'd give it to Torres to get him back on the scoresheet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Ikr?

They should let Nando.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.