Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunit123)
    torres sucks full stop.
    I like how you said "full stop", but added a full stop anyway.

ReputationRep:
    torres sucks full stop.
    I love trolls, ok, he's had a bad start, but like dzeko, he's getting into form, he just needs another special goal, when he scored against man utd, he started getting into form, if he scores on saturday, like a hat trick or a special goal like rooney did against man city last season, the old torres will be back I assure you.

ReputationRep:
    torres sucks full stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    the old torres will be back I assure you.
    I don't know about that.

He might start scoring more regularly, but you won't get him back to the level he was at Liverpool.

His legs are ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseadaft.org/2011/11/e...-mistakes.html

Scrutiny of Chelsea defence (or lack of one) during out 3-5 loss to Arsenal, we need to sort this out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    I don't know about that.

He might start scoring more regularly, but you won't get him back to the level he was at Liverpool.

His legs are ****ed.
    We can, I believe that he'll get back to form, a player doesn't lose it overnight, plus, even after the world cup, he wasn't actually that bad, he scored ten goals last season, he had 9 goals before we bought him in january, which if he carried that form he would have scored 18 goals in the league overall. It's just been since he went to chelsea that he's suffered, so it's not a case of him losing his legs.
    I watched the highlights of the champions league match, I think we should stick with the system and sort out the defence, but i think we need a convincing win against blackburn, otherwise we'll have to start scraping wins like liverpool have done, but since we have you guys and leverkusen, I think we need a good victory

ReputationRep:
    We can, I believe that he'll get back to form, a player doesn't lose it overnight,
    No, but his hamstrings can lose that extra yard of pace.
    he scored ten goals last season, he had 9 goals before we bought him in january, which if he carried that form he would have scored 18 goals in the league overall.
    You might get him scoring again, but even when he scored those 9 goals for us he wasn't anywhere near his scintilating best. You won't see the Torres of 07-09 ever again I'm afraid.

Michael Owen/Robbie Fowler MK2

Makes you wonder what Liverpool are doing to these players, sucking their best years out of them without giving them the chance to win anything. :sly:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Makes you wonder what Liverpool are doing to these players, sucking their best years out of them without giving them the chance to win anything. :sly:
    Yup, i've never seen a team more consistant in top 4 without winning a premier league medal, newcastle and leeds do not compare to them. They are the biggest of the cup teams. The thing is, liverpool will struggle for top 4, but will eventually end up there in a season or two as well.

Also, I think ancelotti might manage tottenham? He said he'll only consider a top club and "there were vacancies in england after capello leaves," do you think he's hinting at redknapp taking the job and him managing tottenham, they kinda have the money and can do a lot of bargain signings, VDV was boughts for peanuts given that henderson costs nearly 20 mil.

Finally, predictions for the blackburn game? 4-1 or 4-0 to chelsea, blackburn are in trouble, even though we can't keep a clean sheet, blackburn away isn't as tough as people think anymore since big sam left and samba can't do it on his own, tottenham scored two, arsenal scored 3, city scored four against them, we're just as good, so if our defence holds, (although this has been our worst defensive record since 1996) we should be expecting a thrashing.

ReputationRep:
    its ****ing annoying that we let ancelotti go. he was a good manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    its ****ing annoying that we let ancelotti go. he was a good manager.
    Yeah, he did really well for us, his first season in charge, although we flopped in the champions league, (although i knew inter would win it after beating us) we scored 102 goals and were extremely consistant in the league besides a bad run of 9 games in his second season which caused him to get the sack, if only we beat united at old trafford and in the champions league, we could have been celebrating the double, we were on fire.

I do have complete faith in AVB, he knows what he's doing, some may say he's not had enough experience, but his football knowledge is one of the best, and to be a manager of an elite club at the age of 34 must be pretty good. Hopefully he solves the defensive problems today, I do think we'll show a solid display against blackburn, the terry situation, well it happened nearly two years ago, we got destroyed by man city when we faced them, then we started steamrolling teams and won the league, we can do it again.

ReputationRep:
    AVB is good but he needs to find the balance between attacking and defending in the Premier League which is different to the Portuguese League.

Have to stop shipping 5 goals at home, already conceded 15 goals this season and yet to keep a clean sheet since Stoke. (We only conceded 15 in the whole season with Mourinho on 04/05).

We NEED a win and a clean sheet against Blackburn today!

ReputationRep:
    I think AVB's tactics were fine, the 5 goals was more to do with your defenders and keeper having a shocker than his tactics.

ReputationRep:
    Starting 11: Cech; Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Mikel, Lampard; Mata, Sturridge, Malouda.

Subs: Turnbull, Bosingwa, Romeu, Meireles, Kalou, Lukaku, Torres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandra1993)
    Starting 11: Cech; Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Mikel, Lampard; Mata, Sturridge, Malouda.

Subs: Turnbull, Bosingwa, Romeu, Meireles, Kalou, Lukaku, Torres.
    That's pretty interesting, sturridge as the striker. Let's see how he does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    AVB is good but he needs to find the balance between attacking and defending in the Premier League which is different to the Portuguese League.

Have to stop shipping 5 goals at home, already conceded 15 goals this season and yet to keep a clean sheet since Stoke. (We only conceded 15 in the whole season with Mourinho on 04/05).

We NEED a win and a clean sheet against Blackburn today!
    How the hell did mourinho get us to concede only 15 goals? Complete legend, that's the person we should have never got rid of, mourinho and ancelotti shouldn't have been sacked and maybe grant, the rest however should have tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we should be keeping ivanovic at right back. Stable defensively and can cross, if only he was as fast as bosingwa.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, we really ground that **** out against Blackburn today...

Hey-ho, a win and a clean sheet is all I ask for!

ReputationRep:
    We forced out that win. Defence was better, although we were facing blackburn and i think we're still getting used to the high line, but it's a good start, when do we have liverpool? one more win and we'll be ready for them i think.
    We did do this a lot in the second half of last season, a win's a win.

ReputationRep:
    Our defence still wasnt good, Blackburn were unlucky not to score at all, a better team would have scored one or two. Torres missed another sitter, and I'm still not yet convinced of Sturridge but believe he should be given more games to see what he can do.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.