Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    Our defence still wasnt good, Blackburn were unlucky not to score at all, a better team would have scored one or two. Torres missed another sitter, and I'm still not yet convinced of Sturridge but believe he should be given more games to see what he can do.
    I think sturridge played better as a winger.
    Is it me, or is our front man just non existant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I think sturridge played better as a winger.
    Is it me, or is our front man just non existant?
    It would be interesting to see how many goals our "frontmen" have got us since the turn of the year i.e Anelka, Drogba, Torres. Im sure it would be frighteningly low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    It would be interesting to see how many goals our "frontmen" have got us since the turn of the year i.e Anelka, Drogba, Torres. Im sure it would be frighteningly low.
    Our frontmen had scored 4 goals since the turn of the year to the end of the season in the league, while sturridge scored 8. Now with torres scoring 4 goals this season, drogba scoring 1.
    Our midfield(lampard and ramires) and our centre backs have been saving us and if it wasn't for us being good at set pieces we would not have won half our games.
    I think we'll need a new striker and one more winger for when malouda, anelka and drogba leave. Anelka is leaving, Drogba will too. Apparently we're linked with lewandowski too and we look like we might get giovinco.
    I think teams have just sussed out the frontman, he never has a good ball in the right area either. 4-2-3-1 might work better with one player behind the striker. But I don't see the 4-3-3 as a problem if we force out 1-0 wins tbh.
    Only problem we may have is wasting 50 million. Also lukaku needs a loan spell at a premier league side.

Our frontmen had scored 4 goals since the turn of the year to the end of the season in the league, while sturridge scored 8. Now with torres scoring 4 goals this season, drogba scoring 1.
    Our midfield(lampard and ramires) and our centre backs have been saving us and if it wasn't for us being good at set pieces we would not have won half our games.
    I think we'll need a new striker and one more winger for when malouda, anelka and drogba leave. Anelka is leaving, Drogba will too. Apparently we're linked with lewandowski too and we look like we might get giovinco.
    I think teams have just sussed out the frontman, he never has a good ball in the right area either. 4-2-3-1 might work better with one player behind the striker. But I don't see the 4-3-3 as a problem if we force out 1-0 wins tbh.
    Only problem we may have is wasting 50 million. Also lukaku needs a loan spell at a premier league side.
    :eek: Has this been doing the rounds? I hadn't heard anything about it. I think the years on the bench have drastically reduced Giovinco's potential, but it would be good to see him play regularly for a top team. :yep:

Where would you guys fit him in, though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    :eek: Has this been doing the rounds? I hadn't heard anything about it. I think the years on the bench have drastically reduced Giovinco's potential, but it would be good to see him play regularly for a top team. :yep:

Where would you guys fit him in, though?
    Apparently we've been linked with him and his agent went to a chelsea match. So maybe it looks like a deal may be possible, since he's now a regular italy international, i'm sure he'll play well, he didn't play for a top team consistantly because juventus had half his playing rights while parma had the second half. He has been playing well for parma apparently though.
    We would probably use him as backup for mata or use mata on the right and giovinco on the left and probably malouda leaving to a team like juventus? I can see malouda leaving, with anelka and drogba too.
    You never know. Though the problem is accomodating sturridge and torres in the team.
    To be honest, i'll much rather have him on the team than benayoun and malouda.

ReputationRep:
    Giovinco recently just signed for Parma though.

ReputationRep:
    Essien back in january? Do you think he'll push out mikel/ramires or be benched after he becomes fully fit?

ReputationRep:
    Does he still play for Ghana or still on self-imposed ban? ANC is round then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Giovinco recently just signed for Parma though.
    They have 50% of his playing rights, got my facts wrong, i thought they had 50% of his playing rights and purchased him but he plays for parma only though.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-with-Giovinco
    If this is true, abramovich will through his money when he wants a player.
    Giovinco hasn't said anything about it so he may be coming.
    Juventus will probably sell their shares, but i dunno about parma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Does he still play for Ghana or still on self-imposed ban? ANC is round then
    No idea, he shouldn't play anyway because he would just have come back from injury, would be good if he came back by then. Although nigeria didn't qualify so we probably will still use mikel then and if he's tired use either romeu or meireles and do the 4-2-3-1 formation.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge gets called to England squad...about time!!! Lets hope he actually gets some pitch time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Sturridge gets called to England squad...about time!!! Lets hope he actually gets some pitch time.
    That should shut you all up.

Along with Welbeck, Jones... All the other youngsters from the 'big' clubs.

Terry's in the squad. He could be up for murder and he'd still be captain of England. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It has, but to be honest he should have been called up sooner with his club form from the turn of the year.
    Terry, well I'm guessing he's being backed up by everybody, capello doesn't wanna upset the squad by doing a new captain again, ferdinand's made of glass so will find a way to get injured, Rooney isn't being called up, joe harts been playing for england for only 1 year as first choice, gerrard is injured while barry and milner are bit part players due to scott parker, who else could possibly be captain? Only cole can be captain tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    That should shut you all up.

Along with Welbeck, Jones... All the other youngsters from the 'big' clubs.

Terry's in the squad. He could be up for murder and he'd still be captain of England. :rolleyes:
    Kyle walker and smalling too i guess.

ReputationRep:
    Kyle walker and smalling too i guess.
    Yep. No Martin Kelly yet again...

I keep banging on about him, but a team of Kelly - Jones - Cahill - LB is the future! The Euro's should be a practice session for a push for the World Cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    Yep. No Martin Kelly yet again...

I keep banging on about him, but a team of Kelly - Jones - Cahill - LB is the future! The Euro's should be a practice session for a push for the World Cup.
    Not cahill i'll rather have smalling or even keep terry for 2014 like holland did with van bronckhorst, cahill is overrated. Kelly, well i think he should make back up for sure, but micah richards is a tank and kyle walker is a great right back for the future. RB position for england is covered.

LB should probably be baines for first choice, gibbs or bertrand(if he ever gets games for chelsea)
    Englands main problem is the winger position, besides young, the rest are pretty average, i've never rated downing that much, johnson's a bit part player for city, walcott is the only potential world class player besides young and for the striker position, lets be serious rooney is the only striker that is good enough for a world cup winning team, maybe sturridge if he can perform consistently for england(not being biased but look at his record this year)

Finally, our central midfield, we bang on about wilshere, his passing stats are good for his age, but he is a bit overated, mceachran, well he hasn't got enough games for chelsea, finally cleverley, who is in the same category as mceachran(not performed well consistently for a top club and hasn't been given much of a chance to besides this season)

*Sigh* How i got negged for this lol.
    Anyway why are you gonna use a tournament as a practice session, if we used cahill, kelly and jones as the main players in defence, we would not qualify, simple as, especially without rooney, why go into a competition as a practice session, go to get as far as you can. I would rather win poorly than lose in a good way.
    I'll take that boring 1-0 victory against blackburn over the 3-1 loss against united anyday. Finally if you really want to use the euros as a learning curve, why don't you use them in friendlies and put them in the second half or something? We know capello won't do that against the likes of spain and holland, and he is perfectly right not to, we all remember the france friendly last year when nasri, valbuena and benzema ran rings round us.

ReputationRep:
    Essien back in january? Do you think he'll push out mikel/ramires or be benched after he becomes fully fit?
    In January, isn't he competing in the African Cup of Nations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letmewin94)
    In January, isn't he competing in the African Cup of Nations
    But he isn't at full fitness, why would ghana select him? The last world cup showed that he isn't really needed that much.

ReputationRep:
    Do we expect Ivanovic to keep his place ahead of Bosingwa at RB now?

It's no coincidence that as soon as Bosingwa gets dropped, you keep your 1st clean sheet in 8 or so games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Do we expect Ivanovic to keep his place ahead of Bosingwa at RB now?

It's no coincidence that as soon as Bosingwa gets dropped, you keep your 1st clean sheet in 8 or so games
    Hopefully Ivanovic will stay at RB with Alex or Luiz in defence. When we won the double Alex was with Terry at CB so him in front of erratic Luiz.

And Essien will not go to Cup of Nations if he just comes back from injury I am sure...

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.