Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I know, but, we're gonna qualify, we win our next match, and we're through, if we lose, we only have to draw against leverkusen to qualify.
    We'll finish top 4 easily and the title isn't out of reach yet, last season, we got above tottenham, city and arsenal, in the second half of the season. We beat you guys and our season will turn around.

He's not going to drop torres, not for the reason that RA wants him played, but because, he's our best striker, he's showed glimpses of his form, why ruin it by benching him, torres' case is different from lampards, lampard needed to know that he's not guaranteed a place with meireles in the squad so since then, he's been on fire for us.

Why would Abramovic get bored?

Our striker needs sorting out, not the wingers, our centre back pairing need sorting out and how they work together, not the whole defence (when ivanovic plays, our full backs become better) AVB is in the quarters of the league cup as well. I believe that he'll work well for us.
    The top4 is getting more and more competitive. I don't think you guys have improved since last season, if anything you've regressed a little.
    Didn't mean this season's CL knockout round but if you finished 4th but got knocked out before the groups for next seasons CL.

Torres still isnt scoring enough to match Chelsea's ambitions. Definately not enough for a 27 year old Euros, WC winner who cost 50mil and has played in the same league for the past 3 years.

RA getting bored of (not Chelsea but) AVB's lack of winning or style of play. He's dismissed plenty of proven and top quality managers over the past few years.

What if we knock you out of the Carling Cup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    The top4 is getting more and more competitive. I don't think you guys have improved since last season, if anything you've regressed a little.
    Didn't mean this season's CL knockout round but if you finished 4th but got knocked out before the groups for next seasons CL.

Torres still isnt scoring enough to match Chelsea's ambitions. Definately not enough for a 27 year old Euros, WC winner who cost 50mil and has played in the same league for the past 3 years.

RA getting bored of (not Chelsea but) AVB's lack of winning or style of play. He's dismissed plenty of proven and top quality managers over the past few years.

What if we knock you out of the Carling Cup?
    I don't think we've regressed, but I think that we're starting to make a new look team, just like liverpool, but we're not doing a complete revamp, because we don't need to, we're just changing the wingers and the strike force, the midfield is being slowly integrated into the team as well with the likes of mceachran and romeu(who can't play too much because barcelona will just buy him back).
    Maybe if ancelotti had one more season, the league would definitely be ours, he seemed to have the right message last season, it just didn't work out for him

Also, RA criticized mourinho's style of play, AVB is the exact opposite of his style of play, more attacking, more collective and more dynamic(I sound like AVB now, been listening to too many interviews) but he's trying to be barcelona, hence why he's trying to buy the youth of barcelona with romeu and rafinha alcantara. But, it looks like he's planning on getting rid of the old guard soon enough, drogba and anelka are leaving most likely, malouda isn't getting offered a contract I think.

But as a poster said earlier, we don't need to buy anymore players, just one or two to replace the old guard who are leaving, but defence isn't that old with an average age of 29, goalies can play till 40, midfield, besides lampard nobody is over 30 and lampard has still got it, and strike force is pretty young.

ReputationRep:
    I think and hope AVB will get a few years at least to sort out the squad and club, we can't always just bring in a new manager with instant success.

Ferguson is similar, successful like AVB before coming to Man U then did not win anything for like 1st 3 seasons now look where Man U are...

ReputationRep:
    If anything, our only problem is teamwork. Feels like some of our players dont really get along with the others and are a bit self-interested... (Kalou/Malouda)

Once we get rid of those, things'll get easier.

ReputationRep:
    Matic, jack cork and scott sinclair are prime examples. Had good potential, but we never played them enough, sturridge nearly turned into that until he went to bolton as well. Although I see a revelution in chelsea, so i think we'll have a better youth squad, also, does anyone know how llakovic and nathan chalobah are doing? I heard that they've got great potential.
    i have not seen much of them but i did see llakovic play well in the fa youth cup against manu, very attck minded player for the future.

ReputationRep:
    Will Fernando be playing against his old team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    If anything, our only problem is teamwork. Feels like some of our players dont really get along with the others and are a bit self-interested... (Kalou/Malouda)

Once we get rid of those, things'll get easier.
    True that. (Welcome back btw not seen you in a while :P) You can see them not really wanting to make that pass when its needed at times. Same can be said for Sturridge at times too but hes still young and will learn.

(Original post by JClive)
    I think and hope AVB will get a few years at least to sort out the squad and club, we can't always just bring in a new manager with instant success.

Ferguson is similar, successful like AVB before coming to Man U then did not win anything for like 1st 3 seasons now look where Man U are...
    I don't think (don't know for sure) that Ferguson had the same level of capricious pressure behind him when he first joined United.

It would be a shame if Villas Boas was Abrahimovichified. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I have feeling Torres will score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    True that. (Welcome back btw not seen you in a while :P) You can see them not really wanting to make that pass when its needed at times. Same can be said for Sturridge at times too but hes still young and will learn.
    Just been busy!

And I don't really mind as much with sturridge. He's a lot more direct, and can actually do something. Could probably do with having better ball-control though. Tries to skill players up and sometimes doesnt manage it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Just been busy!

And I don't really mind as much with sturridge. He's a lot more direct, and can actually do something. Could probably do with having better ball-control though. Tries to skill players up and sometimes doesnt manage it.
    I love it when he roulettes a player in his own half though, he's got guts that's for sure. He does need to be more disciplined, he's like nani 3 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge is good, but he just doesn't seem to do it in the big games that count and sometimes that's when you'd rather have Torres, Anelka or Drogba up front. Was so frustrated at him when he was playing for England, he needs to make the most of that opportunity! Though.. I think he needs to play more and show to Fabio that he's a goalscorer before he'll be strongly considered up front or on the wing. He's behind Milner, Downing and Walcott on the wing and up front he's behind Rooney, Bent etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Sturridge is good, but he just doesn't seem to do it in the big games that count and sometimes that's when you'd rather have Torres, Anelka or Drogba up front. Was so frustrated at him when he was playing for England, he needs to make the most of that opportunity! Though.. I think he needs to play more and show to Fabio that he's a goalscorer before he'll be strongly considered up front or on the wing. He's behind Milner, Downing and Walcott on the wing and up front he's behind Rooney, Bent etc.
    He's played like 2 big games this season, that's not enough to say he doesn't perform in them, last season, he played against arsenal when he was at bolton, he played well in that match, i think he just needs time, he reminds me too much of nani when he was 21, but sturridge will come good in time.

ReputationRep:
    He's played like 2 big games this season, that's not enough to say he doesn't perform in them, last season, he played against arsenal when he was at bolton, he played well in that match, i think he just needs time, he reminds me too much of nani when he was 21, but sturridge will come good in time.
    I know it's early days and don't get me wrong, I do support Sturridge. All I'm saying is that he needs to up his game in the big matches and you can't gamble nowadays on matches, there's no bad team in the EPL anymore.. He does need to get more confidence into his right foot aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I know it's early days and don't get me wrong, I do support Sturridge. All I'm saying is that he needs to up his game in the big matches and you can't gamble nowadays on matches, there's no bad team in the EPL anymore.. He does need to get more confidence into his right foot aswell.
    Agree with the right foot comment, he has a good right foot too, if he used it in the arsenal match, we would have won, I think it was a goal against rangers that he used it, it was a great goal too.

ReputationRep:
    Big game, need a win today but I can see Liverpool and Suarez getting a few goals if our defence woes continue...

ReputationRep:
    Just a reminder there's a match thread for the Chelsea v Liverpool game. If anyone posts in here during the game your post will most likely be moved in into that thread!

ReputationRep:
    Fascist :fuhrer:

That's two big games lost at home. Do you guys think it's solely down to the tactics, or has something changed mentally in this team?

Also, Hiddink expressed some interest in taking the Chelsea job after he left the Turkey post; would people on here support bringing him in, or are you guys still behind Villas Boas?

ReputationRep:
    Really have to question some of the decisions in this game, namely why Torres and Meireles were given only 6 minutes to make an impact.

We really shouldn't be losing games at home, let alone in succession. I still like AVB as a manager but it's definitely going to take some time for him to deliver success.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.