Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wow, another poor game from Chelsea. Especially 1st half and played well for periods in the 2nd half = not enough against big teams!

Leaky defence continues and the 1st goal for Liverpool was laughable how we conceded.

First time we have lost 2 home games in a row for 8+ years...

I can see Chelsea getting top 4 only now as we have lost to Arsenal/Man U/Liverpool and this seems to be a settling in or transition season for AVB.

Andre Villas-Boas is a complete berk. He's showing no respect for any of the teams in this division by treating it as the Portuguese league. Doesn't he realise that everyone in the EPL except for Blackburn and Wigan would finish above every single team in Portugal, with the exception of Porto and Benfica (and possibly Sporting Lisbon)? Since when was our defence so incompetent as to give away at least one joke goal in every game? Oh yeah, since AVB took over. Seriously, we are worse now than when we had Claudio Ranieri in charge. This is just one debacle after another. I'm embarrassed.

Also agree wrt to making changes with 6/7 minutes left. What was he expecting, Torres to score a hat-trick in that time? Tactical error giving away points, again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree it was very inept to bring on Torres AND Miereles with just 6 mins left, they should have come on earlier. They cannot turn the game around in a second...

ReputationRep:
    Tbf you guys were dominating before they game on.

(Original post by 419)
    Tbf you guys were dominating before they game on.
    Exactly, and the changes interrupted the flow and ultimately led to Liverpool's winning goal.

ReputationRep:
    I know you're not going to be happy, but it was genuinely a good game. It was 50/50 really and could have easily gone your way if it was not for Reina's save and some excellent defending from Enrique/Lucas and dare I say it, even Adam.

Also, its funny watching you guys slate your manager. He'll probably come good given the time. He is trying to bring in a lot of changes... that takes time.

ReputationRep:
    Yes AVB needs time, judge him after a season AT LEAST not after 12 games in a new country/league for him. We desperately need some manager continuity at Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    I always questioned AVB tactics. he came to Chelsea too early for his age. I d take hiddink any day
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I can't really see why you are wanting AVB to be sacked - you guys lost 4 games this season in the PL so far [QPR, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool] 3/4 of those teams was tough games. You are still 4th with 22 points, and after 12 games its not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Exactly, and the changes interrupted the flow and ultimately led to Liverpool's winning goal.
    :facepalm2:
    My bad, didn't read your post.

(Original post by mr tim)
    I can't really see why you are wanting AVB to be sacked - you guys lost 4 games this season in the PL so far [QPR, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool] 3/4 of those teams was tough games. You are still 4th with 22 points, and after 12 games its not so bad.
    I think the issue most people have is more with the tactics than the results: the high-line defence Villas Boas favours has left Chelsea looking defensively suspect, particularly with Luiz's indiscipline and Terry's relative slowness. Of course, it's a pretty radical shift from what Chelsea are used to, so I don't really think it's completely fair to give him that vitriol, but the ultimate decisions will rest on how short or long-term (or in what balance of the two) Chelsea are looking at the moment. Personally (though I'm not a Chelsea fan, obviously), I'd like to see him stay and try to shape his system of attacking football at the club. I'm especially interested to see what role McEachran will be given by Villas Boas in a couple of seasons time: this system would seem to be one McEachran would thrive on (this is solely on the basis of what I've heard about him - I haven't seen him play yet).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    If your aiming to win the league, it's not really good enough is it? 4 losses in 12 in 33% loss rate.. throw in the draw, it's a win percentage of less than 60% compared to the league leaders of win percentage of over 90%.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    If your aiming to win the league, it's not really good enough is it? 4 losses in 12 in 33% loss rate.. throw in the draw, it's a win percentage of less than 60% compared to the league leaders of win percentage of over 90%.
    You'll never know about football, results could change. Last season - Chelsea were winning all these games, then slipped up a bit for a few months. Then From Feb/April or so they went from 5th to 2nd...

Though I guess I can't see Man C slipping up very much

ReputationRep:
    The fat lady had sung on the league a while ago. Only a catastrophic meltdown will stop Man City winning it, (although I wouldn't put anything past that mob), and if that does happen - I can't see it not going to Man Utd.

Let's be serious here. Putting Newcastle to one side, 4th, 5th and 6th are 12 points off the leaders who don't look like losing many - and to cap it all off, Spurs have 2 games in hand.

This year is already a 2 horse race, and one of the horses has a fuel injection. I think Spurs might finish 3rd, with Chelsea 4th.

ReputationRep:
    i say we bring hiddink in with an advisor role so he can help avb to make better decsions tactical. also if this is to be treated as a transition period for the club can we start to play some of are young lads like josh, van aanholt, llakovic and co a bit more otherwise for me it defeats the purpose of changing the team for the future when most of these players will not be here need to bring some of here in a few seasons. for now i give up on winning the league and think we focus on seeing how high we can finish and at least get top four

ReputationRep:
    What a depressing game. :getmecoat: I didn't even watch it and I'm depressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Yes AVB needs time, judge him after a season AT LEAST not after 12 games in a new country/league for him. We desperately need some manager continuity at Chelsea.
    Thank god for some sanity. :top2:

ReputationRep:
    tbh chelsea haven't been the same since essien's knees became knackered; mikel is a joke

ReputationRep:
    David Luiz would be great in Mikels position, drop Mikel. he is too slow, and he lets players get by him too easily this season. Malouda is a waste too, absolute donkey that player, Ashley Cole also is lacking pace now, too many times Bellamy and Johnson beat him for pace, he needs replacing, same with Terry. We need wholesale changes, too many old lags in this team, its not the manager, he is trying to make us into awonderful team, but the older players are too set in the Mourinho style, and they struggle to change. Sturridge, Ramires and Mata are the only ones who look like they are up for the task of being part of a new Chelsea, if players can't change to the style AVB wants then they need to go. Iv already written this season off for us, we wont win anything, we just need to make sure we keep in the Champions League and stay as a side that can compete with the best. Use this season to see who should stay and who should go, personally i believe Malouda, A.Cole, Mikel, Drogba, Anelka, and maybe Terry all need to go. Class players a few years ago but they are not hungry enough anymore. I believe in AVB, he is a very smart manager, he isn't a fool. He wants us to play possession, hige pressure football, but the old players are not capable of it. They were part of the Mourinho era and they are used to playing the complete opposite way. Lets get behind the manager and stick by him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    The fat lady had sung on the league a while ago. Only a catastrophic meltdown will stop Man City winning it, (although I wouldn't put anything past that mob), and if that does happen - I can't see it not going to Man Utd.

Let's be serious here. Putting Newcastle to one side, 4th, 5th and 6th are 12 points off the leaders who don't look like losing many - and to cap it all off, Spurs have 2 games in hand.

This year is already a 2 horse race, and one of the horses has a fuel injection. I think Spurs might finish 3rd, with Chelsea 4th.
    I think spurs will finish 6th, chelsea will finish either 3rd or 4th, unless we start winning games, the fixture list has been kind to us compared to tottenham and man city/arsenal yet we're not performing at the right level.

Looks like we need to aim for the carling cup probably, but i don't think all hope is lost on the league, we have man city twice, arsenal and liverpool still have man city, those are all games man city can lose potentially, although then united will win the league, united are great at forcing 1-0 victories for a whole season.

Anyway, the thing is, we'll come back to winning ways, if we aren't there by january, we'll just buy someone who can help us win.

But seriously, have we turned into the new arsenal? It was embarrasing to watch us concede that second goal as well, malouda should have covered, and where the hell was ashley cole?

I say, use bertrand a bit more and show ashley cole he needs to fight for his place, or buy alvaro pereira(preferably the former since it's cheaper and he can develop to a pretty good player if given time)

I only watched the second half, we should have won this game, i've said this many times before, get rid of malouda and use someone else, he is frustrating at best.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.