Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justdoit1)
    rio ferdinand is the best defender of all time, better than david luiz

i'd go so far as to say he rivals pele TO SOME RESPECT.

deffo top 3 player
    No. Maybe at one point, but defiantly not 'of all time' - he's on shocking form at the moment.

Micah Richards is the best defender in the PL at the moment. Scott Parkers on great form as well.

ReputationRep:
    He's a NUTTER, reminds me of Lucio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie9872)
    No. Maybe at one point, but defiantly not 'of all time' - he's on shocking form at the moment.

Micah Richards is the best defender in the PL at the moment. Scott Parkers on great form as well.
    micheal owen is the best striker, wayne rooney second, drogba and lampard joint 3rd

ferdinand is first, even with his current for,, he will be back to being the greatest player of all time defence wise.

david luiz should be sold to stoke

ReputationRep:
    rio ferdinand is the best defender of all time, better than david luiz

i'd go so far as to say he rivals pele TO SOME RESPECT.

deffo top 3 player
    Sorry, are you talking about the Rio Ferdinand I'm thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    rio ferdinand is the best defender of all time
    Any sports person who got caught doing drugs isn't work being mentioned..

ReputationRep:
    He reminds me of Thiago Silva, certainly without question he could be as good as Silva but my does he need to work on his concentration. Well as far as I'm concerned that's all that's holding him back from being one of the best in the PL. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    micheal owen is the best striker, wayne rooney second, drogba and lampard joint 3rd

ferdinand is first, even with his current for,, he will be back to being the greatest player of all time defence wise.

You don't know what your talking about. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EhsanA)
    He's a NUTTER, reminds me of Lucio.
    To be fair, lucio was arguably the best defender in the world in 2010, i'm surprised bayern sold him and hummels lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

x
    Stamford Bridge: 103 x 67 metres
    Etihad Stadium: 105 by 68 metres

:beard: Your point about pitch dimensions is utter rubbish. There's a metre in it!

Lot of rubbish being posted about Luiz and the first goal in this thread.

Firstly, Luiz actually played quite well Sunday, just a couple of occasions where he was caught out going forward. But people are massively jumping on the Luiz bandwagon, after a couple of high profile errors. This is the same guy who everyone was raving about six months. People are brainwashed by the media and pundits and don't make their own opinions.

Pushing the centre halfs wide at goal kicks is the right thing to do. Barca do it, United do it, it gives you a better opportunity to launch an attack. Also, if Mikel hadn't lost the ball, but played it back to Cech then we actually had a mini counter on with Adam being drawn out of position. Just have a look at Neville's analysis from last night on Sky...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Stamford Bridge: 103 x 67 metres
    Etihad Stadium: 105 by 68 metres

:beard: Your point about pitch dimensions is utter rubbish. There's a metre in it!

Lot of rubbish being posted about Luiz and the first goal in this thread.

Firstly, Luiz actually played quite well Sunday, just a couple of occasions where he was caught out going forward. But people are massively jumping on the Luiz bandwagon, after a couple of high profile errors. This is the same guy who everyone was raving about six months. People are brainwashed by the media and pundits and don't make their own opinions.

Pushing the centre halfs wide at goal kicks is the right thing to do. Barca do it, United do it, it gives you a better opportunity to launch an attack. Also, if Mikel hadn't lost the ball, but played it back to Cech then we actually had a mini counter on with Adam being drawn out of position. Just have a look at Neville's analysis from last night on Sky...
    Ok, with david luiz, I've always said it isn't his fault and it was more mikels fault, gary neville is pretty biased, I don't listen to him. It was mikels fault, not cech's, cech isn't responsible for making sure that every player is in space, he's responsible for making the right pass, he did make the only pass that was available besides hoofing it to drogba, the way the camera looks makes it like luiz was at fault, but really he was the only person defending against 3 players when terry didn't get the tackle and he had a good game. It's just that the media slate him for not defending the english way, at times it can be a nuisance, but in the liverpool game it wasn't, for the bolton game, he was running the show. It can be a very good trait to have, he's more positive than mikel, so mikel drops deep as the CB while luiz goes forward on his run into the opponent half.

It still is larger than chelsea's, that 2 metre extra area gives silva extra space to manouvre round although I used my point a bit too extreme though. I do think we're a bit too reliant on mata anyway.

ReputationRep:

You're an idiot, luiz to stoke, cos stoke are the team that rely on centre backs who play positive football, they're known for their ability to get 0-0 draws and spend more time in the match not being in play and in a dead ball situation, something that david luiz hates.
    Since when was lampard a striker?
    You're a troll.

ReputationRep:
    I do not believe for one second David Luiz had a bad game on Sunday, the mistakes were in the midfield and out on the left with Cole and Malouda. Players like Mikel, Malouda, are not aware and smart enough to release the ball quickly and sharply when under pressure. Any other player who plays for Barca, if they were in Mikels position on Sunday they would have realised alot sooner than Mikel that they would get put under pressure and wouldn;t have let that happen. Cole just isn't quick enough to be our left back anymore, he gets wrong footed easily now and has lost a yard of pace, 3 years ago he would never have let Bellamy get round him so easily, or have let our reject right back take it past him onto goal. I now see why we tried to get the Uruguayan Alvaro Pereira from Porto in the summer. Many changes are needed to make us into the team AVB wants us to be, the right man to take us into a new era too. I look forward to the day when we are playing the most attractive football in the PL, its just going to take time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Ok, with david luiz, I've always said it isn't his fault and it was more mikels fault, gary neville is pretty biased, I don't listen to him. It was mikels fault, not cech's, cech isn't responsible for making sure that every player is in space, he's responsible for making the right pass, he did make the only pass that was available besides hoofing it to drogba, the way the camera looks makes it like luiz was at fault, but really he was the only person defending against 3 players when terry didn't get the tackle and he had a good game. It's just that the media slate him for not defending the english way, at times it can be a nuisance, but in the liverpool game it wasn't, for the bolton game, he was running the show. It can be a very good trait to have, he's more positive than mikel, so mikel drops deep as the CB while luiz goes forward on his run into the opponent half.

It still is larger than chelsea's, that 2 metre extra area gives silva extra space to manouvre round although I used my point a bit too extreme though. I do think we're a bit too reliant on mata anyway.
    For a start its only a metre, and you're really trying to claim that? A metre is nothing. Zero. Zilch. That comment is up there with one of the most ridiculous points I've ever seen made on this site, and believe me, I've seen a few.

Also, surely Neville would be biased against Chelsea? In this occasion he was arguing in favour of what we were doing when for the entire rest of the afternoon he was slating every aspect of our tactics, so in this instance his point is valid, bias has precisely nothing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    For a start its only a metre, and you're really trying to claim that? A metre is nothing. Zero. Zilch. That comment is up there with one of the most ridiculous points I've ever seen made on this site, and believe me, I've seen a few.

Also, surely Neville would be biased against Chelsea? In this occasion he was arguing in favour of what we were doing when for the entire rest of the afternoon he was slating every aspect of our tactics, so in this instance his point is valid, bias has precisely nothing to do with it.
    Its not a metre, its 239 square metres difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daviesblue)
    Its not a metre, its 239 square metres difference.
    He's still only got an extra metre of width to play with, which is what my point was alluding to.

The fact he's got an extra metre, down the whole touchline is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    He's still only got an extra metre of width to play with, which is what my point was alluding to.
    I meant the area. Not the width. Still feel that with eastlands, silva has a lot more space with the ball, while mata is pressured with the ball, as evidenced on sunday where he didn't have as much space. 2 metre extra area, the length of the pitch helps him with space too but forget about that, it just seems that silva has much more space when playing at man city.
    Ok, well I never watched his interview, what did he say about the tactics then?

ReputationRep:
    wtf is avb thinking? drogba did nothing against liverpool. he just came out of injury and was out of half of the games this season. either AVB is dumb or abramovich is forcing him to play drogba

ReputationRep:
    Ashley cole not starting, is bosingwa playing on the left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    wtf is avb thinking? drogba did nothing against liverpool. he just came out of injury and was out of half of the games this season. either AVB is dumb or abramovich is forcing him to play drogba
    Abramovich this abramovich that, why would he force him, he only did that for shevchenko, but torres is 50 million, surely abramovich will force him to play, he's benching them till they play better.

ReputationRep:
    what are the implications if Chelsea lose this and draw to Valencia?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.