Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandra1993)
    why didn't torres play??
    we need a win against valencia (who won 7 0) to advance and they need to win to advance as well. this doesnt look to good.
    I think drogba played well tbf but would have been useful to get torres after the injury. We should have kept luiz on, this must silence the critics about luiz, besides the first minute, he didn't make any mistakes and use that sub for torres.

But seriously, we did everything right, just that defending let us down again.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    Tired. Angry. Vex. Baffled.

Chelsea lost again!
    The funny thing is, I didn't feel it, I just don't care anymore.
    This. I felt a bit of pleasure when we scored, then a bit of frustration when they equalised. Nothing lasting. It feels weird, but there's no real progress being made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I think drogba played well tbf but would have been useful to get torres after the injury. We should have kept luiz on, this must silence the critics about luiz, besides the first minute, he didn't make any mistakes and use that sub for torres.

But seriously, we did everything right, just that defending let us down again.
    we didint do everything right. we werent an attacking threat. look at real madrid or barcelona. they have young capable strikers. we have a massive grandad emile heskey type.haha. drogba can be used as an impact striker for 20 mins, but not for the whole game.last season showed that

ReputationRep:
    Alex should have started he's a great defender. I think Luiz shouldn't play as a defender, maybe a midfielder.. Mikel didn't help at all, should have put Torres on instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver0)
    Alex should have started he's a great defender. I think Luiz shouldn't play as a defender, maybe a midfielder.. Mikel didn't help at all, should have put Torres on instead.
    I really, really want to see Romeu more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Yes, me too, and also Lukaku.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    we didint do everything right. we werent an attacking threat. look at real madrid or barcelona. they have young capable strikers. we have a massive grandad emile heskey type.haha. drogba can be used as an impact striker for 20 mins, but not for the whole game.last season showed that
    We were an attacking threat but only in sturridge, malouda did nothing besides the build up to the penalty incident, Drogba shouldn't have started but he played well and took his goal well, barcelona have young capable strikers, do you mean barcelona have messi, villa's 30, pedros a winger, sanchez is a winger.

Mata had a poor game by his standards. torres should have come on around 60 mins instead of alex, but this isn't AVB's fault, you would expect him to do this change to keep the lead, plus putting on mikel for meireles, it's like as soon as we stopped hitting the accelerator it was our downfall. We were unlucky but arsenal had this same problem in the end of last season. We're not going into the europa league that's for sure, this would have been a much better situation if we had just beat genk. Lets hope that if we finish second that we face APOEL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    The problem is, that if we use him and he plays well, barcelona will sign him. We barely use him, then integrate him over the two years, that's the plan AVB's thinking.
    Looks like we're gonna have to use lukaku more, because our strikers aren't doing enough.
    Luiz played well this match, helped the game flow and be more positive, I just don't know what happened this match. It also seems that if meireles is playing, luiz stays back, if mikel is playing, luiz bombs forward.

ReputationRep:

Chelsea lost again!
    The first four words prove otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Despite the loss, I think Sturridge had a great game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Despite the loss, I think Sturridge had a great game.
    He's been criticized recently, but sunday and today have proved the critics wrong, looks like we have a success at chelsea, but we really need to sort out our striker problem, our defence isn't our downfall, it's our strikers, seeing as we play attacking football, we should be killing off games with 3 or more goals.

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in thinking that if you score draw against Valencia in the last game you're out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Am I right in thinking that if you score draw against Valencia in the last game you're out?
    We'll be through if the scoreline reads 0-0.

1-1, 2-2 or above and we're ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    We'll be through if the scoreline reads 0-0.

1-1, 2-2 or above and we're ****ed.
    Thought so.

There is a real chance for neither of Chelsea, United or City to qualify for the last 16 atm. I think City have no chance and United and Chelsea will probably qualify, but it'll be close. And even then it could be qualifying as second in the group, so you could get Barca/Real/Bayern/APOEL (:sexface:)

ReputationRep:
    Cech, Terry, Mikel, Kalou, Malouda and Drogba need to be sold tbh.

Cech just couldn't be bothered to save it. Needs some serious competition to make him focus. What the actual hell is wrong with him?

Might be being harsh on Terry, but he shouldnt be starting anymore. Gary Cahill will be a good replacement for him in January.

Mikel can bugger off. Romeu/Essien/Mereiles are much, much better there. The sooner we get rid of him, the better.

Kalou and Malouda are self explanatory really. Along with Mikel, the worst players we rely heavily on.

Drogba I'm being harsh with too, but he shouldnt be starting. Super-sub now.

Buy younger, hungrier players that want to do well, or start our youngsters. They're much, much better than these lazy sods who, after all the success they've had, cant be bothered to get out of second gear.

Torres
    Mata - McEachran - Sturridge
    Ramires/Romeu - Essien/Lampard
    Cole - Luiz - Cahill/Terry - Ivanovic/Bosingwa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Thought so.

There is a real chance for neither of Chelsea, United or City to qualify for the last 16 atm. I think City have no chance and United and Chelsea will probably qualify, but it'll be close. And even then it could be qualifying as second in the group, so you could get Barca/Real/Bayern/APOEL (:sexface:)
    If there's one team who can get out of the situations we're in, it's liverpool. But we're screwed for first place and I really, really want to avoid Real madrid or barcelona at this moment in time, we won't stand a chance. Hopefully we get APOEL or Benfica because I really wanna avoid inter too, that's a game that'll go eitherway. Hopefully we can do a liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Cech, Terry, Mikel, Kalou, Malouda and Drogba need to be sold tbh.

Cech just couldn't be bothered to save it. Needs some serious competition to make him focus. What the actual hell is wrong with him?

Might be being harsh on Terry, but he shouldnt be starting anymore. Gary Cahill will be a good replacement for him in January.

Mikel can bugger off. Romeu/Essien/Mereiles are much, much better there. The sooner we get rid of him, the better.

Kalou and Malouda are self explanatory really. Along with Mikel, the worst players we rely heavily on.

Drogba I'm being harsh with too, but he shouldnt be starting. Super-sub now.

Buy younger, hungrier players that want to do well, or start our youngsters. They're much, much better than these lazy sods who, after all the success they've had, cant be bothered to get out of second gear.

Torres
    Mata - McEachran - Sturridge
    Ramires/Romeu - Essien/Lampard
    Cole - Luiz - Cahill/Terry - Ivanovic/Bosingwa
    I don't want cahill, overrated english player. Meireles should be on the team sheeet. Romeu will be bought by barca if he plays well this season, we need essien back and yes cech needs to be pushed, maybe we might need courtois back and matej delac because our reserve keepers are ****.

Mikel was playing well earlier this season but doesn't fit well in the attacking system but stabalises the defence.

ReputationRep:

Chelsea lost again!
    What a pathetic thing to say.

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    yes, why didn't chelsea just smash genk away? We could still be first and draw the final game.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.