Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    You're keeping clean sheets without him, yes? You don't rely on him as much, yes? You're winning matches without him too.

Then he's not so important. You've got other players who do the job. I've never been a big fan of his tbh. Just seems an overhyped version of Ivanovic. He's just as good. Probably better at marauding forward and scoring a couple of goals or two.
    I've always said ivanovic is as good as vidic, ivanovic was the second best right back in the league last season which isn't even his best position, ivanovic is just as much a brick wall as vidic and can score from corners etc.

ReputationRep:
    Over-hyped version of Ivanovic? Yes Ivanovic has been great at RB, but his stints at CB from what I've seen have been far from impressive. Vidic is immense and a key part to the Utd side, what are you guys smoking?

I'm also pretty sure they haven't been keeping as many clean sheets without him either.

ReputationRep:
    You're keeping clean sheets without him, yes? You don't rely on him as much, yes? You're winning matches without him too.

Then he's not so important. You've got other players who do the job. I've never been a big fan of his tbh. Just seems an overhyped version of Ivanovic. He's just as good. Probably better at marauding forward and scoring a couple of goals or two.
    We concede .19 goals with Vidic, without it's 1.15 or something. [per game]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    We concede .19 goals with Vidic, without it's 1.15 or something. [per game]
    I'm assuming there's other factors involved in this though.

i.e. the good form of Ferdinand/whatever partner Vidic had... and perhaps more importantly, the fact that you had Van der Sar between the sticks.

That man was supreme. I'd argue that he won you the title last season.

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming there's other factors involved in this though.

i.e. the good form of Ferdinand/whatever partner Vidic had... and perhaps more importantly, the fact that you had Van der Sar between the sticks.

That man was supreme. I'd argue that he won you the title last season.
    Its based on this season only.

I don't think this has been mentioned already: Chelsea are exploring the feasibility of building a new 55000-60000 capacity stadium at Battersea power station. Thoughts/reactions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    What are you crazy? Vidic doesn't play because he's not fit, he hasn't been edged out LOL, he's our best player, the best central defender in the world & captain!
    Best central defender in the world? :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I don't think this has been mentioned already: Chelsea are exploring the feasibility of building a new 55000-60000 capacity stadium at Battersea power station. Thoughts/reactions?
    Would prefer to stay at Stamford Bridge as we have been there since 1905 I think and has history.

And Battersea is south of the river and completely different area and a fair bit away from the Bridge...actually hate the thought of moving there.

And we would probably change the name of the stadium too, a sponsorship probably like Samsung Bridge and follow Arsenal, Newcastle with selling our name.

ReputationRep:
    Its based on this season only.
    Just makes me think of De Gea then tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I really dislike Manchester United but I have to say Vidic is amazing, he's one of my favourite players, and I wish he wasn't at man-utd haha. And Ivanovic is my favourite Chelsea player. Them both are just brilliant, I loved watching them both play together for Serbia, shame Vidic will not be playing for their national team anymore..

ReputationRep:
    Just makes me think of De Gea then tbh.
    So, you say Vidic is not that important and so forth, I put forward a clear indication otherwise yet you're still not going to admit that he is important?

OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I don't want cahill, overrated english player. Meireles should be on the team sheeet. Romeu will be bought by barca if he plays well this season, we need essien back and yes cech needs to be pushed, maybe we might need courtois back and matej delac because our reserve keepers are ****.

Mikel was playing well earlier this season but doesn't fit well in the attacking system but stabalises the defence.
    How many times will you repeat the part about Romeu going back to Barca. Think i've seen it 4 times in the last couple of pages. Anyway, we need to change up the formation and I agree with Yawn-er, that team is something I'd love to see happening, get Lukaku involved more now.

ReputationRep:
    So, you say Vidic is not that important and so forth, I put forward a clear indication otherwise yet you're still not going to admit that he is important?

OK.
    No, I'm stating that Vidic's is not an integral part to/of Manchester United's success. He's played rarely for Utd this season, and you've coped without him. Yes, you've conceded less with him in the team, but I'm sure this coincided with the rest of the team sheet and De Gea not fluffing his lines so much.

It's easy to pick out a high average from very few appearances. Mapping his success over all his appearances this season would provide a clearer picture.

In the league, he's played in 4 matches. 3 of which have been clean sheets against Everton, Swansea and Sunderland. Hardly three teams with a potent attack force. In all three matches, you had a solid team too, with Jones, Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic starting. Sunderland had 3 shots against you (just the three saves/blocks for De Gea) and 41% possession.

...ergh. My point is moot.

ReputationRep:
    i m surprised AVB hasnt been sacked yet.lol.i dont feel pity for him. he is stubborn and arrogant, keeps sticking to his strange tactics and substitutions. we did pretty well against liverpool in second half, mainly due to the fact that mata played in lampard's role, more centrally as a support for the striker. yesterday he took off our best players. i was like wtf.

ReputationRep:
    AVB called a crisis meeting today and says he has Roman's backing as manager.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport...io/123301.html

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...eam-meeting-to

Heard some rumours that Di Matteo wants to quit and that in the meeting he asked the player's to end their 'cliques'. Hopefully the team responds and it'll definitely be interesting to see what happens in the January transfer window.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people are already calling for AVB's head.

As Cech and Malouda have said, it's the players fault, not the managers. Drogba has been in the worst form of his career, scoring only 4 goals since Torres' arrival. And the defence is not staying focused in the latter stages of the game, most of the goals scored against us were scored in the last 30 minutes of the game.

Just need a win against Wolves this weekend, doesn't matter if it's scrappy, just a win.

HOWEVER....The substitutions against Bayern Leveskusan were quite bizarre, but then again it was only a group stage match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    i m surprised AVB hasnt been sacked yet.lol.i dont feel pity for him. he is stubborn and arrogant, keeps sticking to his strange tactics and substitutions. we did pretty well against liverpool in second half, mainly due to the fact that mata played in lampard's role, more centrally as a support for the striker. yesterday he took off our best players. i was like wtf.
    Was mata doing anything worthwhile against leverkusen, he is our best attacking threat with sturridge, but mata had a poor game, no disguising it.
    We said wenger is stubborn and arrogant so should leave arsenal, now he's turned the team around, you can say it's a one man team, but schezny's improvement helped a lot too and the team are getting back to their possesion football with arteta/ramsey and co, half their squad has injuries. Jenkinson started to get on his feet and I think he'll become a wenger gem and even play for england in a couple of years, he's probably as good as flanagan.

Have some ****ing faith in our manager, he's stubborn for a reason, because he knows he can change the club into world beaters again, he's using barcelona as the template, getting young players in, playing possesion football, he knows what he's doing, it isn't going for him atm.

Those for the bayer leverkusen substitutions, luiz was injured and feeling unwell, mata had been poor that game, and mikel was there because he's more defensive than meireles, he aimed for the draw because that's what he needed. Bloody hell have faith in him, I like him, if he went to another club, we'll be kicking ourselves when he wins title after title with them e.g. with mourinho. Mourinho'll win the champions league again with another club, if we kept him for another season and not got rid of him, he could have got us there, we did get to the final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    How many times will you repeat the part about Romeu going back to Barca. Think i've seen it 4 times in the last couple of pages. Anyway, we need to change up the formation and I agree with Yawn-er, that team is something I'd love to see happening, get Lukaku involved more now.
    I've repeated it, because the amount of times people have said put romeu in, barcelona are sly, they learn't from that stupid fabregas sale that they should get their players back if they perform well, so they don't have to talk to the media all day about how much they miss their player they sold for peanuts. We've basically loaned romeu with a bit of profit.
    Lukaku needs to be more involved, that involves putting anelka out of the team sheet but I support that tbh, drogba will unsettle the team if he's taken out of the team sheet i think, anelka is more professional about this stuff.
    Although, romeu is looking to be our best DM at the moment, he's so composed with the ball.

:gasp:

ReputationRep:
    So far so good

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.