Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    True, but its the demeanour towards his team mates which would worry me.
    He doesn't seem arsed?
    Seemed more arsed than anyone in the second half last night. Can't fault him for effort.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a bit better now;

Man U lost to Crystal Palace!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)

Did you see Ambrose's goal? Absolutely brilliant - from about 30 yards just smashes it into the top corner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)

Man united are in a similar position to us at the moment tbf. 5 points away from leaders, out of league cup, and if they lose their next game, they get knocked out of the champions league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Man united are in a similar position to us at the moment tbf. 5 points away from leaders, out of league cup, and if they lose their next game, they get knocked out of the champions league.
    True - although Man United do have an easier task in the CL, and have been better at grinding out results than us this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    True - although Man United do have an easier task in the CL, and have been better at grinding out results than us this season.
    Yeah, we have to beat newcastle, secures 4th place, we beat valencia, that eases off the pressure, and we build from there, even if we lose to city it's not too bad. But united just need to draw to basel.
    The only problem is that we'll end up having to face a powerhouse in the next round, unless leverkusen fail to beat genk.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we have to beat newcastle, secures 4th place, we beat valencia, that eases off the pressure, and we build from there, even if we lose to city it's not too bad. But united just need to draw to basel.
    The only problem is that we'll end up having to face a powerhouse in the next round, unless leverkusen fail to beat genk.
    Again, true - but do you honestly think we'll beat Valencia? Of course, it's not out of the question, but I find myself far from hopeful. Even Newcastle are playing a level above us. Can we raise this level? Of course. Will we? I don't know, but I won't be putting Chelsea to win in my accumulator this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Again, true - but do you honestly think we'll beat Valencia? Of course, it's not out of the question, but I find myself far from hopeful. Even Newcastle are playing a level above us. Can we raise this level? Of course. Will we? I don't know, but I won't be putting Chelsea to win in my accumulator this weekend.
    We can, like always we'll find a way, chelsea are good enough to do it and i'm not worried about valencia in the slightest, we are playing at home, and although we have been woeful at home recently, we are still good enough to beat them, we stay at the level we were against united, with slightly better defending and clinical finishing, then there's a win for us.

ReputationRep:
    We can, like always we'll find a way, chelsea are good enough to do it and i'm not worried about valencia in the slightest, we are playing at home, and although we have been woeful at home recently, we are still good enough to beat them, we stay at the level we were against united, with slightly better defending and clinical finishing, then there's a win for us.
    The thing is our defending and attacking has been poor against any team with quality. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us get knocked out because we will concede goals which will mean we will have to win and I'm not sure we're capable. We're gonna need a slice of luck in the game for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    The thing is our defending and attacking has been poor against any team with quality. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us get knocked out because we will concede goals which will mean we will have to win and I'm not sure we're capable. We're gonna need a slice of luck in the game for sure.
    Yeah of course we will, but remember arsenal vs udinese? I would say that udinese is similar to valencia's level tbh and we're playing a bit better than arsenal at the start of the season. Hence I have faith that he'll turn it around, give him time, wenger got time this season, ferguson got time in 1989 and look what they've
    done.

ReputationRep:
    I wish that I could share your faith. We are definitely good enough, but we really do need to tighten up defensively.

We shall see. In any case, we have to beat a very good Newcastle side this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    I wish that I could share your faith. We are definitely good enough, but we really do need to tighten up defensively.

We shall see. In any case, we have to beat a very good Newcastle side this weekend.
    That's true, the newcastle side has good players with a lot of character, haven't seen a newcastle team this good since shearer was there, although they're not as good ability wise and don't look as good on paper as the newcastle team that was relegated surprisingly, although with quality signings like cabaye, ba and arfa, who's to say they aren't as good ability wise. They remind me a bit of aston villa two years ago, even then, I would still say villa looked better on paper. Newcastle have just shown that top 4 isn't impossible if you can get a bargain, they're trying to do a tottenham/chelsea.

Chelsea can beat them however, they have that character, I think lampard must play on saturday, his attitude towards the game might help inspire a result, he's probably the only senior player I have belief that can turn it around and if he was a chelsea youth player, I would have made him the captain over john terry. We slate him all the time, but he's our top scorer from midfield, isn't that enough?

ReputationRep:
    Lampard didn't have a great game on Tuesday. Looked more lost than like a leader.

ReputationRep:
    Er, ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Lampard didn't have a great game on Tuesday. Looked more lost than like a leader.
    Basically, what i'm saying is, his record this season has shown that him, sturridge and mata have probably saved us in every game we've played. I'm just saying that the senior players have to step up, I like lampards character, he's pretty determined and is a midfielder that scores goals, you need that in a team sometimes, especially in a team where your strikers are not scoring enough goals.
    That's why I say use lampard. The thing is, it's not exactly his fault that torres isn't scoring enough, drogba isn't scoring enough either, yet he was freescoring at the season before last when lampard was there.

ReputationRep:
    lampard is great but he slows the game down. he shouldnt play not because he is ****, but because he isnt suited to our gameflow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    lampard is great but he slows the game down. he shouldnt play not because he is ****, but because he isnt suited to our gameflow
    I understand that, and it's hard for him to adapt to the system. I think we need to give him another role, because he is influential, or then again, we can use him like united use giggs, he doesn't complain when he's benched and neither will lampard.

ReputationRep:
    I understand that, and it's hard for him to adapt to the system. I think we need to give him another role, because he is influential, or then again, we can use him like united use giggs, he doesn't complain when he's benched and neither will lampard.
    i think he needs to be more defensive. like in essiens role or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    i think he needs to be more defensive. like in essiens role or something like that.
    Would work, be better than mikel, similar to the role mceachran was playing last season probably, can lampard tackle?
    Although, xabi alonso said that the role doesn't need tackling ability and it's used as a last resort. Lampard is stronger than meireles though so would be an improvement, lampard, meireles, ramires then essien for lampard when he comes back? Also, do you think mata should play behind the striker?

ReputationRep:
    He was moaning earlier in the season when he was benched.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.