Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    He was moaning earlier in the season when he was benched.
    The media said he was moaning, not him. He said that he was determined to get back in the starting 11, not that he was unhappy to be benched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    lampard is great but he slows the game down. he shouldnt play not because he is ****, but because he isnt suited to our gameflow
    He really is, still think he links everything together in our midfield. Don't see why there needs to be a new role for him this season, I think he's been superb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    He really is, still think he links everything together in our midfield. Don't see why there needs to be a new role for him this season, I think he's been superb.
    I think he's been our Mr. Reliable this season. You always know what to expect from him, but these last couple of matches, he's faded out quite a bit and doesn't influence play as much.

I don't know... I just don't expect him to change the match anymore. And that's what I want our players to be capable of doing. Mata, Sturridge, Ramires and Luiz are all game-changers when on form. Probably our only players at the moment tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    I think he's been our Mr. Reliable this season. You always know what to expect from him, but these last couple of matches, he's faded out quite a bit and doesn't influence play as much.

I don't know... I just don't expect him to change the match anymore. And that's what I want our players to be capable of doing. Mata, Sturridge, Ramires and Luiz are all game-changers when on form. Probably our only players at the moment tbh.
    Lampard can count their too. Lampard has scored quite a few goals this season. I can say i've been alittle dissappointed with ramires over the past few games, besides against wolves where everyone played well, recently he hasn't done too much, neither had mata, had a terrible game by his standards against leverkusen, if malouda is coming on for you then you know you've had a bad game.

A thread for this weekend's Newcastle-Chelsea game has been put up in the Match Discussion forum, so you can take discussion on that game there.

:gasp:

ReputationRep:
    We've beaten a resurgent Newcastle away from home, scored 3, made about 500 and kept a clean sheet. Wow..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I wish that I could share your faith. We are definitely good enough, but we really do need to tighten up defensively.

We shall see. In any case, we have to beat a very good Newcastle side this weekend.
    Told you. Our team is good enough, we have a great manager, those 4 defeats aren't too bad, the winning streak is round the corner, if we beat valencia, we'll have man city or at least draw to them.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that kalou only scores the important goals?
    I feel sorry for torres, that ten minute cameo changed everything with the game. his pace and his direct running helped us a lot and increasing the tempo, compared to drogba holding up the ball like a duck and not laying it off to his teammates properly, though it was good drogba started though, we wouldn't have been able to open them up until the time torres came on, if we had 10 more minutes, torres would have scored too.

ReputationRep:
    Romeu was superb today, Mata is just pure class as well.

Massive win, hopefully we can carry some momentum forward now. Tuesday is the biggest game of the season.

ReputationRep:
    "AVB confirms Anelka and Alex transfer requests have been accepted by the club, and that the two are training separately from rest of team."

I'll be sad to see Anelka leave, but he's aging and not as deadly in front of goal as he once was.

ReputationRep:

I didn't watch the game... revision :sigh:
    But well played chelsea
    and alex is gonna go? oh man

ReputationRep:
    Surprised about Alex or was it expected since he seems to be behind Luiz and Terry?

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge was pretty good today in terms of creating chances and passing, but his finishing.. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Sturridge was pretty good today in terms of creating chances and passing, but his finishing.. :facepalm2:
    To be completely fair to sturridge, krul was on fire this match. Who got Man of the match? Sturridge or terry? I would have said krul, especially if they got the draw.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hm... Where do you guys think Anelka and Alex will end up? I think possibly if they want game time, they should maybe leave Chelsea. They do have Sturridge, Drogba, Mata and Torres as strikers and Terry, Cole, Luiz as defenders... I guess maybe they all are ahead of them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    To be completely fair to sturridge, krul was on fire this match. Who got Man of the match? Sturridge or terry? I would have said krul, especially if they got the draw.
    Mata did and tbf, I guess you're right and it was Krul's day today, but Sturridge needs to learn to put them away, out of his 3/4 one vs one's I would of expected him to score, in the big games you only get so many opportunities. Though he's more confident with his right foot now, which is good to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Surprised about Alex or was it expected since he seems to be behind Luiz and Terry?
    I kind of expected it, there was talk about him going to juventus too near the end of the transfer window in august, I support the move, although we now need to find a backup, because if bosingwa and a CB is injured, we won't have a right back, unless you want ferreira there. I don't think AVB's been too impressed with his performances so far this season. Also with the clean sheets statistic, when he was subbed on for luiz in the leverkusen match, they conceded two goals. Alex has not been his best.

How much were the bids, would be surprised if both of them added up to any more than 20 million.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why we play drogba. Torres with meireles have to start

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.