Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Alex leaving means we'll need another CB. We only have Terry, Ivanovic and Luiz as our centrebacks, and need Ivanovic to be available for RB.

Anelka leaving means we don't have GOOD cover for Mata/Sturridge. Hopefully Malouda and Kalou sod off... just hope that one random goal he's scored today doesn't redeem him.

ReputationRep:
    I think Gary Cahill will be bought in January. Persistent rumours and now that Alex is leaving, it may just happen. Maybe AVB will use Kakuta from January onwards as Anelka's replacement, he is coming back or we go out and buy Eden Hazard? The youth coach did say we're the closest team to buying him.

ReputationRep:
    use kakuta instead of anelka and buy one cb and midfielder. might need another striker. let drogba go and give lukaku on loan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    use kakuta instead of anelka and buy one cb and midfielder. might need another striker. let drogba go and give lukaku on loan
    We were linked with lewandowski, Who do we have in our youth squad btw? I think we'll end up buying another striker when drogba leaves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    Kakuta doesn't start for Bolton. Rarely makes an appearance. Would be very surprised if AVB relies on him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Told you. Our team is good enough, we have a great manager, those 4 defeats aren't too bad, the winning streak is round the corner, if we beat valencia, we'll have man city or at least draw to them.
    Shows how much I know...:rolleyes: Great result.

ReputationRep:
    Same old Chelsea. Always cheating.

ReputationRep:
    Was at the match, great atmosphere in the away area compared to the silent Newcastle fans.

3-0 is a great win and hopefully will turn our season around now and I was expecting a draw really but we sure ended Newcastle's unbeaten home run...

ReputationRep:
    Should've been something like 4-4. Newcastle hit the crossbar twice and the post once. Don't understand why AVB doesn't start with Torres and Meireles, you need to get rid of the old guard too. Form is temporary but class is permanent (regarding Torres).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Was at the match, great atmosphere in the away area compared to the silent Newcastle fans.

3-0 is a great win and hopefully will turn our season around now and I was expecting a draw really but we sure ended Newcastle's unbeaten home run...

St James' was awfully quiet today. Never seen it that quiet, it was wierd.

Your were very lucky though. David Luiz should have walked after 3 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    How?

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea or the ref brah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Chelsea or the ref brah?
    Both.

ReputationRep:
    Both.
    Sour grapes man.
    Look at the united match, they scored two offside goals.
    Look at your match against united, shouldn't have got the penalty.
    It happens, look at what happened between us and barcelona, that's something to complain about. You guys had it coming, we created more clear cut chances, most of your chances on goal were scrappy, while ours that lead to goals were pretty clear oppurtunities and us being through on goal, that's why we won.
    newcastle chelsea
    0 Goals 3
    0 1st Half Goals 1
    3 Shots on Target 9
    8 Shots off Target 8
    These are the stats. That's why we won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Should've been something like 4-4. Newcastle hit the crossbar twice and the post once. Don't understand why AVB doesn't start with Torres and Meireles, you need to get rid of the old guard too. Form is temporary but class is permanent (regarding Torres).
    Look at my post right above this one, that's why we won 3-0.
    Also, regarding torres, I think he might start against valencia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Look at my post right above this one, that's why we won 3-0.
    Also, regarding torres, I think he might start against valencia.
    Plus we missed a penalty. Missed the game so looking forward to highlights on MOTD.

I do hope that Torres does start...and Romeu. And both Sturridge and Mata, who surely have to.

ReputationRep:
    Good win, however we have to win against Valencia, no excuses. And if we want to stay in the title race, City is a win we need as well.

This week will make or break our season, simple as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Good win, however we have to win against Valencia, no excuses. And if we want to stay in the title race, City is a win we need as well.

This week will make or break our season, simple as.
    Should be able to beat Valencia indeed.

But having lost to Arsenal and Liverpool at home this season, I am not sure how we will beat the unbeaten juggernaut that is Man City, even at home! I can see a draw at best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Should be able to beat Valencia indeed.

But having lost to Arsenal and Liverpool at home this season, I am not sure how we will beat the unbeaten juggernaut that is Man City, even at home! I can see a draw at best.
    We can beat city, i'm sure of it. We weren't expected to beat newcastle, everyone had it down as a draw.
    Also, we need our lucky break that every top 4 contender has been getting, I can see city getting beaten badly this season when they get knocked out of the champions league and they'll drop points.

ReputationRep:
    Luiz is out for the City match. 5 yellow cards = 1 suspension.

Guessing he'll play against Valencia so Ivanovic/Bosingwa gets to rest for the saturday game.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.