Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Luiz is out for the City match. 5 yellow cards = 1 suspension.

Guessing he'll play against Valencia so Ivanovic/Bosingwa gets to rest for the saturday game.
    Ivanovic will play, the match is too important for bosingwa to play.

So we're going to have Bosingwa or Ferreira at right back against City? Or Alex with Terry and Ivanovic right back? :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    It'll be Bosingwa I think, be surprised if Ferreira plays and wouldn't mind if he did tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    So we're going to have Bosingwa or Ferreira at right back against City? Or Alex with Terry and Ivanovic right back? :indiff:
    Not really, we'll just play ivanovic again.
    Also, what the hell happened to ferreira, wasn't he supposed to be a quality right back? Was it beletti who pushed him out of the team or something?

ReputationRep:
    I was amazed that he's still at the club.

ReputationRep:
    Me too man, me too.

Maybe we tied him on to a long deal, or in the extreme emergency of a right back shortage like last season.

Ferreira was quality, he just lacked adventure and a bit of pace. When Bosingwa came in he got pushed out in favour of matching attacking full backs and looked good for a season or two. After the season where Essien played at right back Ferreira has just been a bit part player, now older and slower. Probably has nightmares of the Man U goal from last year's Champions league. Still, he's had a more successful career than most people have had in some of the most notoriously tight defences in Europe so he can't have been that bad. EDIT: And would have been gotten rid of already if he wasn't still capable of doing us a job.

ReputationRep:
    Probably on a really low wage and happy to play limited minutes. 1000 minutes last season and 0 so far this season in the league.

ReputationRep:
    Bosingwa was playing against united that day, ever since then, he was put on the bench by ancelotti.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for Bosingwa RB and Ivanovic at CB, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't that.

(Original post by jam277)
    Bosingwa was playing against united that day, ever since then, he was put on the bench by ancelotti.
    The one where Giggs stepped inside for Rooney? Could have sworn it was Ferreira. MY BAD.

Nice FA cup draw. Home to Portsmouth.

ReputationRep:
    The one where Giggs stepped inside for Rooney? Could have sworn it was Ferreira. MY BAD.

Nice FA cup draw. Home to Portsmouth.
    Na it was bosingwa, although, ferreira handled bale last season lol,

If we don't beat portsmouth, I don't know. I heard they're going into administration again ffs. We're not liverpool either to lose to a team 69 places under them in the league table.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of Alex & Anelka handing in transfer requests?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16018866.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newbie123)

Thank you for your service, but good riddance, we've been needing to get rid of the old guard since the start of the season. That's how I feel, Hopefully neither of them play in the prem, have the feeling tottenham might go for anelka since they have a shortage of strikers with pav leaving and ade being on loan.

ReputationRep:

I'm surprised we haven't offloaded Anelka sooner. He has a track record of having an awful attitude, I seem to remember him having a strop when he cocked up his penalty in the CL final and saying that it's not his fault because he wasn't brought on as a striker. Then take into account his form hasn't been great for the past season or so.

I think that's a gross misudgement. Anelka's attitude at Chelsea has always seemed very good to me. He's played mostly out wide yet always worked his socks off and tried had when the rest of the team seemed to be doing nothing. The season when Drogba was out and he played centrally he got Premiership Golden Boot, Some Coincidence Don't You Think? Sure, the CL penalty was weak, but the game should have been over after Terry's penalty. Sure he hasn't scored that regularly over the last couple of seasons, but his performances in the second half of last season were still better than Torres and Malouda.

ReputationRep:

I think both of them are good squad players now, but I don't mind either of them leaving in January providing we replace them well. Both have been very good over the past few years for us.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's a gross misudgement. Anelka's attitude at Chelsea has always seemed very good to me. He's played mostly out wide yet always worked his socks off and tried had when the rest of the team seemed to be doing nothing. The season when Drogba was out and he played centrally he got Premiership Golden Boot, Some Coincidence Don't You Think? Sure, the CL penalty was weak, but the game should have been over after Terry's penalty. Sure he hasn't scored that regularly over the last couple of seasons, but his performances in the second half of last season were still better than Torres and Malouda.
    I wish we used sturridge sooner, if we used him last season, we could have won the league with those goals he gave bolton. The way i was kicking myself when we loaned him out, why didn't we just play him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I think both of them are good squad players now, but I don't mind either of them leaving in January providing we replace them well. Both have been very good over the past few years for us.
    Pretty much this. We need a defender to replace alex and please not cahill unless you're paying under 5 million for him or on a bozman. Coloccini might be a good shout, or we can use a youth player for once, you never know they might just be good.

Also, does anyone look at nathan chalobah, apparently he's supposed to become better than terry. We just might have the best defender in the world if we develop him right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Pretty much this. We need a defender to replace alex and please not cahill unless you're paying under 5 million for him or on a bozman. Coloccini might be a good shout, or we can use a youth player for once, you never know they might just be good.

Also, does anyone look at nathan chalobah, apparently he's supposed to become better than terry. We just might have the best defender in the world if we develop him right.
    I can't see Coloccini leaving Newcastle tbh. He'd be a great choice for us but I can't see us getting him.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.