Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    I can't see Coloccini leaving Newcastle tbh. He'd be a great choice for us but I can't see us getting him.
    Yeah I know, I think near the end of this season when we know where we're gonna end up, chalobah and mceachran should play a couple of games. Colo wouldn't leave I know, but hell no to cahill unless he's under 5 million. How much do you think alex and anelka costed the other teams that are buying them? I say under 17 million for the pair of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah I know, I think near the end of this season when we know where we're gonna end up, chalobah and mceachran should play a couple of games. Colo wouldn't leave I know, but hell no to cahill unless he's under 5 million. How much do you think alex and anelka costed the other teams that are buying them? I say under 17 million for the pair of them.
    We'll never make a profit off of Anelka alone seeing as we paid £15m for him. Can't remember how much we paid for Alex but I'm guessing since he's 33 (?) we won't get much for him. I reckon Alex will do what Deco did, go back home and retire in a year or so

ReputationRep:
    We'll never make a profit off of Anelka alone seeing as we paid £15m for him. Can't remember how much we paid for Alex but I'm guessing since he's 33 (?) we won't get much for him. I reckon Alex will do what Deco did, go back home and retire in a year or so
    Alex is not 33 lol, he's 29. So we can get a profit on him. I forgot how much we paid for him though, if it was under 10 million, we should get a profit. Alex doesn't have much to prove, he can't get into the national side anymore, maybe if juventus buy him he can pair up with chiellini, that'll be a good defence and he'll get a national call up.

ReputationRep:
    Alex is not 33 lol, he's 29. So we can get a profit on him. I forgot how much we paid for him though, if it was under 10 million, we should get a profit. Alex doesn't have much to prove, he can't get into the national side anymore, maybe if juventus buy him he can pair up with chiellini, that'll be a good defence and he'll get a national call up.
    Then where am I getting 33 from? Hmm...

I can see a team like Juventus making an offer for him, not sure how much he'll go for though.

ReputationRep:
    Then where am I getting 33 from? Hmm...

I can see a team like Juventus making an offer for him, not sure how much he'll go for though.
    If we want him to go, 7 million, if we don't then 11 million, anelka will cost 5 million probably.

ReputationRep:
    My fellow Blues, what do you think we should do with Didier?

Sell him in January? Keep him until the end of the season?

His goal against Newcastle reminded me of the Drogba of 2 years ago when he was unplayable.

What do you think of his future with Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newbie123)
    My fellow Blues, what do you think we should do with Didier?

Sell him in January? Keep him until the end of the season?

His goal against Newcastle reminded me of the Drogba of 2 years ago when he was unplayable.

What do you think of his future with Chelsea?
    I noticed after Drogba scored the goal, he started to play well and was winning all the aerial battles and 50/50 challenges. But before he scored he was lethargic and half-assed.

Drogba is a superb player when he wants to be, so if AVB can get him to work hard and be lively, then we should keep him.

If he doesn't want to stay, then it's best to sell/ loan him as he won't be effective then. Gives Sturridge/ Lukaku/ Torres more chances then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    I noticed after Drogba scored the goal, he started to play well and was winning all the aerial battles and 50/50 challenges. But before he scored he was lethargic and half-assed.

Drogba is a superb player when he wants to be, so if AVB can get him to work hard and be lively, then we should keep him.

If he doesn't want to stay, then it's best to sell/ loan him as he won't be effective then. Gives Sturridge/ Lukaku/ Torres more chances then.
    He was winning all the challenges, but he couldn't lay anything off to his team mates. He was frustrating to watch besides the goal, but like I said before, we needed someone like drogba in that match, someone who wasn't skillful, but was resillient and hard working and more physical. Torres should have been on the pitch around the time that lampard was subbed off.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if we'd got Aguero back in like 2009/10... Then we'd have saved at least £10m and we'd have a goal scoring machine rather than an ageing, misfiring Spaniard.

ReputationRep:
    1. he didn't want to leave athletico at the time
    2. I'm happy with torres, he'll get us goals soon enough, we overpaid for him, but look at real madrid with kaka, they overpaid for him for the first two seasons, now this season he's playing pretty well and getting games in that real madrid team.

ReputationRep:
    1. he didn't want to leave athletico at the time
    2. I'm happy with torres, he'll get us goals soon enough, we overpaid for him, but look at real madrid with kaka, they overpaid for him for the first two seasons, now this season he's playing pretty well and getting games in that real madrid team.
    There was a time when Aguero DID want to come to us, its just Atletico drove the price up too high.

I hope Torres will get us goals, but I feel like he could end up becoming Shevchenko 2.0. Especially with Sturridge breathing down his neck for a place in the starting 11.

ReputationRep:
    I want to say Aguero's wage was a big factor in him not joining Chelsea sooner, I think he wanted like 200K+ and Atletico were happy to keep him anyway. I also didn't understand his buy-out clause, it was 40mill and Tottenham bid 40mill but Atletico were still able to refuse it?
    I don't think Torres is a worse player, he's just so zapped of confidence its unreal. He had a great opportunity against Newcastle yesterday but fluffed it and was fortunate Kalou was on hand to finish it off. If its between Torres and Drogba, I have to go with Drogba just because I have the confidence that he can score when given the opportunity. Although its not all his fault, he should be adjusting to a style of play that allows him to score goals instead of us have to buy players/change our style to get him scoring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)

really? I thought he was pretty average in the second half. Although I'd pick him over Torres right now simply because he's scoring goals.

ReputationRep:
    Life as a Chelsea fan would be so much easier if Torres started banging 'em in.

On a brighter note, Juan Mata is one of the most dangerous players in the league already.

ReputationRep:
    Life as a Chelsea fan would be so much easier if Torres started banging 'em in.

On a brighter note, Juan Mata is one of the most dangerous players in the league already.
    I know, I hoped Mata would help Torres start scoring regularly. He has been playing very, very well - but so has Sturridge....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I know, I hoped Mata would help Torres start scoring regularly. He has been playing very, very well - but so has Sturridge....
    If Sturridge doesn't get an England cap soon I'll become

He's better than Carroll, Welbeck etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    I want to say Aguero's wage was a big factor in him not joining Chelsea sooner, I think he wanted like 200K+ and Atletico were happy to keep him anyway. I also didn't understand his buy-out clause, it was 40mill and Tottenham bid 40mill but Atletico were still able to refuse it?
    I think if I remember correctly, his contract was running out and Tottenham bidded 20 odd mill and Athletico said they wouldn't budge unless something like £30-40m was offered for him. Then Aguero signed a new contract afterwards with a buy out clause of £40m incase any of the big clubs came for him later on in the summer. Pretty smart of Aguero, signing a new contract that might of not let him move at the current January transfer window, but would give him freedom to move to another club if the right amount was offered in the summer. Pleased Athletico in the short run, benefited him in the long run.

Also I read somewhere in the papers a while ago that we could of signed Torres when he was at Athletico, but I can't remember why we didn't, think we had a long list of strikers at the club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I think if I remember correctly, his contract was running out and Tottenham bidded 20 odd mill and Athletico said they wouldn't budge unless something like £30-40m was offered for him. Then Aguero signed a new contract afterwards with a buy out clause of £40m incase any of the big clubs came for him later on in the summer. Pretty smart of Aguero, signing a new contract that might of not let him move at the current January transfer window, but would give him freedom to move to another club if the right amount was offered in the summer. Pleased Athletico in the short run, benefited him in the long run.

Also I read somewhere in the papers a while ago that we could of signed Torres when he was at Athletico, but I can't remember why we didn't, think we had a long list of strikers at the club.
    A very long list, shevchenko, drogba, crespo, gudjohnsson, carlton cole and i'm sure there was more.

ReputationRep:
    If Sturridge doesn't get an England cap soon I'll become

He's better than Carroll, Welbeck etc.
    He's got an england cap against sweden, but he's better than downing, so why does downing get picked over him. put lennon/milner/young on the left and sturridge/walcott/johnson on the right

ReputationRep:
    A very long list, shevchenko, drogba, crespo, gudjohnsson, carlton cole and i'm sure there was more.
    Shevchenko & Gudjohnsen/Cole were never at the club at the same time.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.