Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newbie123)
    Shevchenko & Gudjohnsen/Cole were never at the club at the same time.
    I thought gudjonsen and cole left in 2007, my bad.
    Who did we have then? we sold kezman in 2005, loaned off crespo, for the 06-07 season, I'm sure we had loads of strikers at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I thought gudjonsen and cole left in 2007, my bad.
    Who did we have then? we sold kezman in 2005, loaned off crespo, for the 06-07 season, I'm sure we had loads of strikers at the time.
    We had Drogba and had just bough Sheva and Kalou. That was it.

But we had like Robben & Cole playing out wide, so we'd normally play with one striker.

If we hadn't bought Shevchenko, maybe our big summer signing would've been Torres...

ReputationRep:
    ignore*

(Original post by jam277)
    He's got an england cap against sweden, but he's better than downing, so why does downing get picked over him. put lennon/milner/young on the left and sturridge/walcott/johnson on the right
    This is really bad. Downing is on excellent form and is looking the best he has in his entire career, and yet you would rather play with James Milner? I don't get that at all. Minus Lennon as well, the other names are all well in for places if they maintain their current form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    This is really bad. Downing is on excellent form and is looking the best he has in his entire career, and yet you would rather play with James Milner? I don't get that at all. Minus Lennon as well, the other names are all well in for places if they maintain their current form.
    downing's hardly scored or assisted, yet he's a winger? He's doing well, but although milner is average, he's a very tough player who works hard, that's why we used him against spain. You need a character like that, that's why we have ramires, not the strongest player, neither is he great at passing, but he can sure run forever.

Lennon is doing well atm with tottenham, ok, why is carroll and welbeck ahead of sturridge? Adam johnson's a bit part player in a star studded squad, he reminds me of joe cole. if you could add johnson in the england, you could probably add wright phillips too.

Hah, Wright-Phillips. Let's call up Jermaine Pennant too.

ReputationRep:
    Can say the same about adam johnson and joe cole with wright phillips. Jack in the boxes, have one or two amazing games, but then they go missing.
    Might as well get scott sinclair too.
    Anyway, wingers for england should be, sturridge and walcott on the right hand side, young and milner on the left and because of our lack of a left sided player, we include downing and johnson.

ReputationRep:
    Well this is interesting. Bosingwa missed training today and is a doubt for tomorrow's game. How do you guys think our back 4 will line up? IF Bosingwa is out then its either David Luiz or Paulo Ferreira playing. As much as I love David Luiz and he is improving as a centre back in each game, there's always that one major mistake he has up his sleeve, even if it is bad luck on his part.

Fereirra - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole
    Meireles
    Ramires - Lampard
    Sturridge - Drogba - Mata

Only 2 im unsure about is obv, Ferreira and Meireles. Mikel might play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Well this is interesting. Bosingwa missed training today and is a doubt for tomorrow's game. How do you guys think our back 4 will line up? IF Bosingwa is out then its either David Luiz or Paulo Ferreira playing. As much as I love David Luiz and he is improving as a centre back in each game, there's always that one major mistake he has up his sleeve, even if it is bad luck on his part.

Fereirra - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole
    Meireles
    Ramires - Lampard
    Sturridge - Drogba - Mata

Only 2 im unsure about is obv, Ferreira and Meireles. Mikel might play?
    I can see us with the same back 4 as Newcastle game, don't think Ferreira will get a run out for this massive game.
    Hope Romeu plays instead of Mikel, so solid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    I can see us with the same back 4 as Newcastle game, don't think Ferreira will get a run out for this massive game.
    Hope Romeu plays instead of Mikel, so solid.
    I hope Romeu plays too! He looks so dependable at 19. Best DM we have atm (Not including Essien)

ReputationRep:
    I would expect the same line-up from the Newcastle game, maybe Torres in for Drogba and maybe he will stick Mierieles in the midfield instead of Lampard.

ReputationRep:
    Cech
    Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole
    Romeu
    Ramires - Lampard
    Sturridge Mata
    Torres

That is arguably the strongest team we can field for tomorrow. Really am nervous for tomorrow, we must qualify.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1856590

Big game!

Don't see how starting Torres ahead of Drogba is the strongest lineup we can field. Stick with the Drog :borat:

ReputationRep:
    So much for Lampard being captain, been left out of the team for what could be the most crucial match of your season.

ReputationRep:
    Slightly worried with that decision, would have started Frank but great to see Romeu starting!

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually really nervous :/

Hope it all turn out OK - we need a win to guarantee progression.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be watching you guys, along with the Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Slightly worried with that decision, would have started Frank but great to see Romeu starting!
    I'd be worried about a 19 year old making a mistake or letting the pressure get to him in such an important game..

I suppose Chelsea's main aim tonight is not to concede (as they you can't lose and can go through with a 0-0 at worst) but it sets a dangerous line in letting the opposition keep you with your backs to the wall.

High line could prove suicidal tonight..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I'd be worried about a 19 year old making a mistake or letting the pressure get to him in such an important game..

I suppose Chelsea's main aim tonight is not to concede (as they you can't lose and can go through with a 0-0 at worst) but it sets a dangerous line in letting the opposition keep you with your backs to the wall.

High line could prove suicidal tonight..
    Romeu seems like a level-headed, calm guy. He's played in La Liga before too, so he'll be alright. I hope.

Ergh. Nervewracking.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.