Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Probaby not. Theyve got Mascherano, Busquets and Keita that plays there, and Sergi is an equally good talent aswell.
    Aren't Mascherano/Biscuits used as CBs whenever the need arises? And isn't Puyol old now? Can see one of them being converted to a CB....... and Oriol being stolen off us. Ffs.

But I hope you're right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Probaby not. Theyve got Mascherano, Busquets and Keita that plays there, and Sergi is an equally good talent aswell.
    Keita's leaving probably, Masc gets used as a centre back sometimes when puyol/pique are injured, I can see them coming for him. If it was bojan, then it's a different situation, he doesn't want to go back and can't get in the team above messi, pedro, afellay, sanchez and villa.

ReputationRep:
    tbh if they offer 40m, i wouldnt mind.for 40 m you can buy two good youngsters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Aren't Mascherano/Biscuits used as CBs whenever the need arises? And isn't Puyol old now? Can see one of them being converted to a CB....... and Oriol being stolen off us. Ffs.

But I hope you're right.
    Yeah, but Pique and Puyol are playing more regularly now, so I dont think Mascherano and Busquets will play CB that often, especially as Barca are looking to buy a new CB or 2 anyway. Even then, I cant see Barca spending £20m on a 3rd choice. (I heard £20m was the buy back amount, but I dont know how true that is.)

And if Barca do buy him back, you would have made a tidy profit on him. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Keita's leaving probably, Masc gets used as a centre back sometimes when puyol/pique are injured, I can see them coming for him. If it was bojan, then it's a different situation, he doesn't want to go back and can't get in the team above messi, pedro, afellay, sanchez and villa.
    Barca are in the market for new CB's anyway, so Mascherano and Busquets will be used more as a DM rather than CB. And I dont see them spending on Romeu when they have Sergi developing nicely anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Yeah, but Pique and Puyol are playing more regularly now, so I dont think Mascherano and Busquets will play CB that often, especially as Barca are looking to buy a new CB or 2 anyway. Even then, I cant see Barca spending £20m on a 3rd choice. (I heard £20m was the buy back amount, but I dont know how true that is.)

And if Barca do buy him back, you would have made a tidy profit on him. :dontknow:
    Nope, romeu's 10 million after 1 year and 15 million after two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

Wouldnt mind so much if the buy back amount was 20m, but it isn't. 10m in the first year, 15m after the second season.

Ah well, we'll see. I've seen Biscuits a few times, and Romeu is definitely the more impressive player. Although my opinion could be biased through Biscuits' crappy diving...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Barca are in the market for new CB's anyway, so Mascherano and Busquets will be used more as a DM rather than CB. And I dont see them spending on Romeu when they have Sergi developing nicely anyway.
    Who the hell is sergi, they come up with a new star player every day ffs!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

Nah I think its like 9mill, Masch has been a first choice CB for Barca in recent months, there's no way Puyol can play consistently like he did before, he picks up too many injury's. I think it was quoted that Romeu said he would like to go back to Barca eventually (Cesc like) and I wouldnt say Biscuits place in midfield is unquestionable either. Unfortunately he'll probably end up back at Barca, we got such a bum deal tbh

(Original post by Hatchet)
    Nah I think its like 9mill, Masch has been a first choice CB for Barca in recent months, there's no way Puyol can play consistently like he did before, he picks up too many injury's. I think it was quoted that Romeu said he would like to go back to Barca eventually (Cesc like) and I wouldnt say Biscuits place in midfield is unquestionable either. Unfortunately he'll probably end up back at Barca, we got such a bum deal tbh
    Well if he plugs the gap that has been so obviously left by Makelele giving us time to scout out and purchase outright our own player to play that role then I wouldn't say so, especially as we are going to make a profit. Sometimes I wonder what we were doing selling Lassana Diarra.

ReputationRep:
    Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier Didier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Well if he plugs the gap that has been so obviously left by Makelele giving us time to scout out and purchase outright our own player to play that role then I wouldn't say so, especially as we are going to make a profit. Sometimes I wonder what we were doing selling Lassana Diarra.
    Sold him dead cheap aswell, to Arsenal of all teams, then they ****ed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Wouldnt mind so much if the buy back amount was 20m, but it isn't. 10m in the first year, 15m after the second season.

Ah well, we'll see. I've seen Biscuits a few times, and Romeu is definitely the more impressive player. Although my opinion could be biased through Biscuits' crappy diving...
    Ah right, I still dont see them spending £10m on a 3rd choice. Like you say, we'll have to see. :dontknow:

(Original post by jam277)
    Who the hell is sergi, they come up with a new star player every day ffs!!!
    Sergi Roberto. He'll probably get more attention after scoring tonight, but he's being doing well in Barca B for a while.

(Original post by Hatchet)
    Like I said to Yawn-er, I dont see Barca spending on a 3rd choice DM. :dontknow:

The only way I see him going back is if they sell Keita and they cant find any suitable CB's for back up to Pique and Puyol. And even then, I cant see them not finding anyone, or not promoting from Barca B.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Certainly was more like the old Chelsea tonight

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if Chelsea didn't sign Mata in the summer. What a player he is and only 23!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    I know, I know, essien and makalele made it hard for him to get in the team.
    Also, do you think that we should have kept tiago mendes? He was pretty good in our side, mourinho even said he shouldn't have sold him.

ReputationRep:
    AVB: We made changes to way we played. Our defensive block was lower down the pitch. Valenica had the initiative but couldn't find spaces.

I've noticed that. Also against Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ia-persecution

I love AVB!!! This guy has to stay. It's true exactly what he says, look at united and city, city are unlikely to qualify, while united are in a similar position to us a day ago.
    Also, gary neville will not say that about his beloved united team, although they have only scored one goal in their last couple of league fixtures. This was similar to arsenal's situation against udinese. Remember everyone saying arsenal should buy cahill, cahill's doing ****, koscielny was cheaper and is way better than him, mertesacker is pretty good too. The media *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    Just saw the stats,
    damn, we played a mourinho style game today. 30.9 percent possession.

ReputationRep:
    I think the press had hoped that AVB would be the new Mourinho but I have a feeling he may become the next Benitez in terms of relationship with the press. No doubt after the comments last night, the press will be keenly sharpening their knives for the next opportunity..

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.