Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Ah well, we'll see. I've seen Biscuits a few times, and Romeu is definitely the more impressive player. Although my opinion could be biased through Biscuits' crappy diving...
    Really? That's just a wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I think the press had hoped that AVB would be the new Mourinho but I have a feeling he may become the next Benitez in terms of relationship with the press. No doubt after the comments last night, the press will be keenly sharpening their knives for the next opportunity..
    Loool, Mourinho is benitez in italy and spain, he hates both countries with a passion, if he didn't wanna beat barcelona and take them off their perch, he would be managing an english team right now.

ReputationRep:
    Biscuits doesn't dive, a 6ft 1 player who's stronger than nearly all the other players on the pitch can roll around the floor peeking through his eyes at the ref when he was touched near the face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Loool, Mourinho is benitez in italy and spain, he hates both countries with a passion, if he didn't wanna beat barcelona and take them off their perch, he would be managing an english team right now.
    My point was about AVB/his press relationships. Don't really care about Mourinho. Read some funny article about how Drogba wept when Mourinho left though. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    My point was about AVB/his press relationships. Don't really care about Mourinho. Read some funny article about how Drogba wept when Mourinho left though. :teehee:
    Yeah, drogba wanted to leave too, mourinho only had a good relationship in the english/portuguese press, the rest of the press are like hounds to him like they'll do with AVB here, that's what i meant.
    AVB's press relationships are just as sarcastic and realistic as mourinho's, just that he's hated by the media, because they were slating chelsea when they were in bad form, like they were doing with arsenal earlier this season, but mourinho's never had a bad run with chelsea and his first season was the best season anyone's had in the prem, only wenger can argue against that.
    But AVB hasn't had as good a season, so since he's considered as mourinho 2, they're starting to say he's not good enough and should be sacked by roman.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, drogba wanted to leave too, mourinho only had a good relationship in the english/portuguese press, the rest of the press are like hounds to him like they'll do with AVB here, that's what i meant.
    AVB's press relationships are just as sarcastic and realistic as mourinho's, just that he's hated by the media, because they were slating chelsea when they were in bad form, like they were doing with arsenal earlier this season, but mourinho's never had a bad run with chelsea and his first season was the best season anyone's had in the prem, only wenger can argue against that.
    But AVB hasn't had as good a season, so since he's considered as mourinho 2, they're starting to say he's not good enough and should be sacked by roman.
    I can't think of a more obvious target for the press.

Man City are flying so they can't bother Mancini too much (other than regarding power struggles with players).
    SAF is feared by the press so won't mess.
    The press seem to respect Kenny so shouldn't mess with him.
    Wenger has been around far too long to be messed around by the press.
    Good ol' 'arry is loved by the press and England apparently so he won't either.

Only leaves AVB who's shown that he's obviously been affected by all the press comments and then laid into the press. Ergo I think he'll be the press' ***** until he leaves.

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of a more obvious target for the press.

Man City are flying so they can't bother Mancini too much (other than regarding power struggles with players).
    SAF is feared by the press so won't mess.
    The press seem to respect Kenny so shouldn't mess with him.
    Wenger has been around far too long to be messed around by the press.
    Good ol' 'arry is loved by the press and England apparently so he won't either.

Only leaves AVB who's shown that he's obviously been affected by all the press comments and then laid into the press. Ergo I think he'll be the press' ***** until he leaves.
    Man city are far from flying, they were expected to go far in the champions league, and they're very likely to be knocked out today.
    SAF will just boycott the press conferences and you'll have mike phelan there all the time.
    Dalglish does have a good record with liverpool.
    Wenger has been messed with the press already this season but when he beat chelsea that all changed to how he 'turned a corner.'

Chelsea are in top 4 and look very likely to stay in top 4 over the next few weeks with their recent form, if they beat city, then they're 7 points from top spot and even 2 points from united and tottenham. They're not in a bad position. When AVB beats a powerhouse like city and torres starts scoring, they'll shut up about chelsea. Also everybody had us down for a draw at newcastle, but we beat them 3-0 away, I'm sure that they won't make the same mistake when we face city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Really? That's just a wow.
    Is that sarcasm? Can't tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Is that sarcasm? Can't tell.
    No, it wasn't. Thinking Romeu is more impressive than Biscuits is surreal.

ReputationRep:
    Can actually see Barca coming back for Romeu. Puyol will retire soon allowing Mascherano to replace him at CB. Keita will probably leave soon or just carry on as a squad player. Leaving them with just Busquets, so they need Romeu to provide competition and depth.

ReputationRep:
    Have you not seen the video of Materazzi openly weeping and getting a man hug from Mourinho when Mourinho was driving away :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    Missed yesterday's game because I had so much work, but I'll check out the highlights in a moment, good to see us back to winning ways.

Anyone heard about Anelka's move to China? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Missed yesterday's game because I had so much work, but I'll check out the highlights in a moment, good to see us back to winning ways.

Anyone heard about Anelka's move to China? :teehee:
    For £6.4m a year I don't think he will be too bothered :dontknow:

I know, I know, essien and makalele made it hard for him to get in the team.
    Also, do you think that we should have kept tiago mendes? He was pretty good in our side, mourinho even said he shouldn't have sold him.
    Yes, I thought Tiago offered something none of our other players at that time did. I see similar things in Meireles.

ReputationRep:
    All together now lads:

There's only one town in Europe,
    One town in Eeeurooope...

ReputationRep:
    Just LOL at both Manchester teams in the Europa League now, never thought I would see the day...

Though this probably means the Premiership title will end up in Manchester now.

ReputationRep:
    Man U are ****. The funniest part of it is that they spent so much money bringing in the "next generation" of players to replace Van Der Sar, Scholes etc. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    City and united (especially city) has no excuse, city have two teams capable of getting through that stage, united, i don't know how they lost to basel.
    Sour grapes, sour grapes, sour grapes!!

ReputationRep:
    City and united (especially city) has no excuse, city have two teams capable of getting through that stage, united, i don't know how they lost to basel.
    Sour grapes, sour grapes, sour grapes!!
    Especially City? A team with bugger all CL experience playing in the toughest Champions League group by miles?

I half-expected them to fail; can't say the same about ManUtd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Especially City? A team with bugger all CL experience playing in the toughest Champions League group by miles?

I half-expected them to fail; can't say the same about ManUtd.
    Can you seriously defend a team that's top of the premier league, and nearly every player in their first team have CL experience and even their reserve team has CL experience, no one can complain. What makes it worse is that there are two champions league winners in the starting 11. They're supposedly the best team, but we've never been knocked out of the CL, even before we had the money or were winning league titles so how comes they're allowed to get knocked out. Mancini said that he doesn't have the players for europe, he has 2 bloody first teams and his 3rd team has players on loan who have played in the CL e.g. bellamy, bridge and adebayor.
    Our group was just as hard as theirs, villareal were pushovers and were basically the genk of the group because of the injuries and morale. Napoli are as good as valencia, bayern are a very good team but leverkusen were above them last year and are no pushovers. We had a group like theirs and finished top, why can't they do the same thing?

United were in a rough patch in the prem and haven't scored over 1 goal in a match for a long time. They don't really have the team in midfield and I retain this, they won the league last season down to lady luck, city were content with 4th place, arsenal messed up when they lost to birmingham, and we messed up in november. We should have wrapped up the league by february if we kept our 2nd half of the season form. You still wouldn't expect them to lose, but basel aren't a crap team by any standards. shaqiri went from flank to flank, he's a player that's very similar to sturridge but with a much better delivery, and you wouldn't want a sturridge like player to have a field day against us.

I've been watching shaqiri since the euro u21 and I have to say he's a great player.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.