Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

A thread for this weekend's Chelsea-City game has been put up; discussion to do with that game can now be taken there.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...544256,00.html

Just read this, says that Barca can only buy Romeu back if we are willing to sell which is good news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdr95)
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...544256,00.html

Just read this, says that Barca can only buy Romeu back if we are willing to sell which is good news
    Good. We need Romeu while Essien is out.

ReputationRep:
    And it seems Anelka is going to Shanghai, supposedly on around £200,000 a week...at least he is not staying in the Prem to come back and haunt us.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...im-Anelka-deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    And it seems Anelka is going to Shanghai, supposedly on around £200,000 a week...at least he is not staying in the Prem to come back and haunt us.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...im-Anelka-deal
    There's also a BIG French Concession area in Shanghai, so he wont be alone. It's a good move for him tbh.

If AC Milan get Tevez apparently they will offer us Pato or Robinho. :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Wouldn't say no tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Pato, when fit, is almost unplayable. Would be amazing to see such a potent striker at Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    If we get Pato, the meadows will be full of dancing Chelsea fans.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, indeed!

Anyway, Spurs lost today so Chelsea can be 3rd if we beat Man City. That is a big IF though.

ReputationRep:
    That isn't going to happen, they will probably land tevez unless another team can get him like juventus or inter/malaga. But we're not getting pato that's for sure, he's 21 and we have torres, lukaku and drogba, drogba will have to leave and torres will stay on the bench for even longer.
    Robinho however is a different story, we can put him on the wing and that covers mata and sturridge if they get injured or we can put mata in AM and use two inside forwards like the real madrid formation.leaving ramires/lampard and romeu/meireles in midfield.

But, I know for a fact that this isn't happening, AVB said no need for major signings.

ReputationRep:
    Pato, when fit, is almost unplayable. Would be amazing to see such a potent striker at Chelsea.
    I don't see the need for another striker tbh, we have to get rid of drogba and change the system for torres, milan play possesion football, so we have to go back to the high line attacking football and risk goals at the back for goals from pato.
    Until our team becomes fully creative from the back we shouldn't get pato. only luiz and cole are creative enough to play in that system. I don't think we should get pato. Not yet at least. Especially with lukaku, torres and drogba in the striker slot.

Yeah, because a manager always does exactly as he says.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what do you think our line up will be against Man C?

Oh, and anyone lucky enough to be going??

ReputationRep:
    I know, but do you think that we need pato or a major signing, given the amount of money we will lose if we sell torres or bench him so he scores hardly anything and buy pato?
    It's not like we're getting ronaldo either. I think we're fine atm. We just need more depth in the wings and another defender since alex and anelka are leaving. I would say robinho, we should have bought him when we had the chance.

ReputationRep:
    I would have bought the tickets but i'm still in liverpool atm so i'll watch it in a pub I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)

Hopefully/probably:

Cech.
    Bosingwa, Terry, Ivanovic, Cole
    Romeu, Lampard, Ramires
    Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

Should be going as I have season tickets at Chelsea, but being at uni in Newcastle sucks for logistical reasons and I have a ton of work.

@jam277
    But Robinho flopped in the Prem at Man City, would he be better at Chelsea really?

ReputationRep:
    please dont play lampard. we cant afford to be slow. we need meireles, ramires and romeu to speed up the play in midfield. i d rather see torres instead of drogba. torres has skill, but drogba has strength, which will be useless against the bulky defence of man city.i remember seeing torres destroying genk, when he played alongside meireles. since then avb has barely used them together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)

Cech

Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole

Romeu, Ramires, Meireles

Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

Probably will try and watch it on tv if I get the chance, got a huge workload that's got to be completed..

Oh and CL draws are this week right?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully/probably:

Cech.
    Bosingwa, Terry, Ivanovic, Cole
    Romeu, Lampard, Ramires
    Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

Should be going as I have season tickets at Chelsea, but being at uni in Newcastle sucks for logistical reasons and I have a ton of work.

@jam277
    But Robinho flopped in the Prem at Man City, would he be better at Chelsea really?
    robinho is 27 and will have 3-4 years in him as a wing. i wouldnt go for him and would rather get a 21 year old promising winger.pato is on other hand is incredible.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.