Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Cech

Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole

Romeu, Ramires, Meireles

Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

Probably will try and watch it on tv if I get the chance, got a huge workload that's got to be completed..

Oh and CL draws are this week right?
    The CL draw is this Friday IIRC. So you think no Lampard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    robinho is 27 and will have 3-4 years in him as a wing. i wouldnt go for him and would rather get a 21 year old promising winger.pato is on other hand is incredible.
    Agreed. It is also my opinion that Robinho has been quite **** at Milan.

Some of the sitters he's missed whilst in that team would make Torres blush.

Wrt line ups, we should stick with the side that beat Valencia tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Luiz is suspended for tomorrow's match. ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    The CL draw is this Friday IIRC. So you think no Lampard?
    I just think Meireles is more quicker with the ball than Lampard in both passing and dribbling and in a high tempo game, I think he might be a weak link in the team. That being said, if he did play, I would be sure that Frank would put in 110% for the team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I just think Meireles is more quicker with the ball than Lampard in both passing and dribbling and in a high tempo game, I think he might be a weak link in the team. That being said, if he did play, I would be sure that Frank would put in 110% for the team.
    Fair enough. Lampard does have a better range of passing, though. Of course Lampard's effort is a given. He's had poor games, but I've never seen him in a game when he's not trying as hard as possible...

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, Lampard often scores the important goals...

Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised If he starts on the bench, and comes on as sub if we are winning to keep hold of the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Hopefully/probably:

Cech.
    Bosingwa, Terry, Ivanovic, Cole
    Romeu, Lampard, Ramires
    Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

Should be going as I have season tickets at Chelsea, but being at uni in Newcastle sucks for logistical reasons and I have a ton of work.

@jam277
    But Robinho flopped in the Prem at Man City, would he be better at Chelsea really?
    I recall robinho being top goal scorer in his first season at city and in the second season he was barely played in the due to tevez, adebayor and santa cruz being bought.
    He wasn't a flop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Wrt line ups, we should stick with the side that beat Valencia tbh.
    Care to explain your neg?

I wasn't ****ing trolling or anything.

ReputationRep:
    I completely forgot pato was also a winger, a natural right winger too.
    Ok I change my stance, pato would be a better buy, although in that case, we have to bench someone? Romeu's in good form and will rotate with essien when he comes back, ramires is ever present for chelsea, lampard and meireles are being rotated every other match and I'm sure neither are happy with it and there's no way we're benching sturridge and mata.

Then, if we buy pato as a striker, we'll have to
    1. break the bank for him, just like we did for a spaniard a year ago.
    2. what happens to the spaniard? does he get put on the bench and sold for 15 million.
    3. we're not selling drogba now as it seems either. AVB sounded like he was never going to sell him. He'll only sell if drogba makes it clear that he's leaving, but he wants a 2 year extension when we're giving him a 1 year extension.
    4. we simply do not have the space on the team sheet, unless you wanna be like man city/real madrid.

I said buy robinho because at least we can rotate him around with sturridge and mata when needed and get rid of malouda/kalou/both, pato would play every game, meaning we've overspent for torres and we're not going to get anything out of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Agreed. It is also my opinion that Robinho has been quite **** at Milan.

Some of the sitters he's missed whilst in that team would make Torres blush.
    He's surely better as a backup winger than malouda and kalou?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I recall robinho being top goal scorer in his first season at city and in the second season he was barely played in the due to tevez, adebayor and santa cruz being bought.
    He wasn't a flop.
    Well, his 2nd season was bad due to injury and he obviously wasn't good enough if ousted by other strikers and dropping down the pecking order.

Though he always wanted to go to Chelsea but he seems happy at Milan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Well, his 2nd season was bad due to injury and he obviously wasn't good enough if ousted by other strikers and dropping down the pecking order.

Though he always wanted to go to Chelsea but he seems happy at Milan.
    When players get injured, they can become ****. Rooney had a crap 7-8 months after the world cup last season where he could barely find the net besides in penalties, but this season he's scored 12 goals in the league, scored 2 hat tricks in two games, and I think scored 9 goals in the first 5 or so games.
    Also, being ousted by tevez, adebayor, santa cruz and bellamy. That's why. you have 5 potential players competing for 1 or 2 spaces, unless you were tevez at the time, you're gonna get reduced playing time and that happened to tevez too two seasons later and happened to adebayor and bellamy the next season too when they bought balotelli and dzeko.
    But i'm guessing tevez isn't good enough for city in terms of talent right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    When players get injured, they can become ****. Rooney had a crap 7-8 months after the world cup last season where he could barely find the net besides in penalties, but this season he's scored 12 goals in the league, scored 2 hat tricks in two games, and I think scored 9 goals in the first 5 or so games.
    Also, being ousted by tevez, adebayor, santa cruz and bellamy. That's why. you have 5 potential players competing for 1 or 2 spaces, unless you were tevez at the time, you're gonna get reduced playing time and that happened to tevez too two seasons later and happened to adebayor and bellamy the next season too when they bought balotelli and dzeko.
    But i'm guessing tevez isn't good enough for city in terms of talent right?
    Perhaps it was injury, but it must be true that he is not THAT good if he was allowed to move on.
    Basically, I think there are better transfers to go for rather than Robinho.

ReputationRep:
    This is man city and real madrid, i'll write the list of players they have moved on or are trying to move on in the past decade, quite a few for peanuts too.

1. Eto'o
    2. Cambiasso
    3. Jerome boateng
    4. Daniel sturridge
    5. sneijder.
    6. robben.
    7. adebayor.
    8. bellamy.

Yeah. I'm guessing you'll sell these guys or try to sell these guys for a fraction of their value right because none of these players are THAT GOOD? In that list includes serie A and the bundesliga players of the year in 2010, Our top goal scorer this season. Tottenhams 2nd top goal scorer who came a few days before the transfer deadline.
    Robinho is probably the player we need. He is a first team player who would go on our bench, he's got 4 years left as a winger, won't cost us a lot of money and is older than sturridge and mata, so they have time to develop, he has to be better than malouda and kalou.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, how I would like to see Robben and Carvalho back in Chelsea shirts...

Cech, Terry, Carvalho, Lampard, Robben, Drogba.

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    We shouldn't have sold carvalho, but when we did, we should have bought luiz at the start of the season.

ReputationRep:
    One thing, how does mourinho view AVB? Haven't heard him talk about him.

ReputationRep:
    We'll find out when we face Madrid in the champions league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    We'll find out when we face Madrid in the champions league.
    We'd lose if that happened...Mourinho come back to haunt us and play his mind games like with Inter in 2010.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.