Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    We'd lose if that happened...Mourinho come back to haunt us and play his mind games like with Inter in 2010.
    I agree, i'll rather face barcelona or bayern tbh.
    We don't stand a chance in hell against madrid.

ReputationRep:
    Also, is it me, or pretty much every team that has faced us and beaten us has gone to the final or won the champions league since 2004?
    Monaco, Liverpool, barcelona, liverpool, united, barcelona, inter, united.
    That's some **** record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    He's surely better as a backup winger than malouda and kalou?
    That's debatable

ReputationRep:
    For some reason, I trust a line-up of Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole to deal with Man City over Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole...

We'll concede. Hopefully we'll be clinical with the few shots on goal we'll get and score... against Joe Hart & Kompany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    That's debatable
    Well than kalou for sure, unless, they're in form, when they're in form, they can be surprisingly unstoppable and always seem to score.

The only time we honestly should use kalou, is when we need a goal, a scrappy goal, the 1-0 goal at the 85th minute or the 2-2 goal. Other than that, he shouldn't even be in stamford bridge or cobham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    For some reason, I trust a line-up of Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole to deal with Man City over Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole...

We'll concede. Hopefully we'll be clinical with the few shots on goal we'll get and score... against Joe Hart & Kompany.
    The first line up is more solid, bosingwa will never get back, and it's not a good idea when nasri and milner are there, they will rape us if bosingwa's there, work rate of milner will kill bosingwa who never gets back and nasri can cut inside and give the pass, david silva against bosingwa will be an absolute rape. It'll be like facing heskey in an battle for headers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Well than kalou for sure, unless, they're in form, when they're in form, they can be surprisingly unstoppable and always seem to score.

The only time we honestly should use kalou, is when we need a goal, a scrappy goal, the 1-0 goal at the 85th minute or the 2-2 goal. Other than that, he shouldn't even be in stamford bridge or cobham.
    Couldn't agree more.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the booking Luiz picked up against Newcastle ruled him out of todays game but people are mentioning him in potential line-ups, is ready to be picked or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    I thought the booking Luiz picked up against Newcastle ruled him out of todays game but people are mentioning him in potential line-ups, is ready to be picked or not?
    He's not eligible.

Which means our back four has pretty much been decided already. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)

He's out.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, back 4 seems to be picked already with Luiz out!

HUGE game tonight. If we lose then AVB is right in saying title race is probably over unless the Manchester teams majorly stumble. A draw would be a decent result and I think most likely. A win would be huge though and bring us right back into the mixer in term of winning the Premier League and would prove the AVB doubters/critics wrong.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Match thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post35310875

Reeeee-sult!

ReputationRep:
    **** their unbeaten run. Well in lads. As much as it pains to have cheered the Chelsea goals..

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea won, but in truth they are dire, they didn't play well and all this did was help Manchester untied close a small gap, I can't really see past city for the title, only reason my team are always have a chance is because we just know how to win titles.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely buzzing!

MASSIVE win for Chelsea and to see Man City's unbeaten run crumble at the Bridge is extra sweet.

Always backed AVB and surely proved the doubters wrong with 3 big wins in a row!

ReputationRep:
    Huge win :woo:

Some great performances by Sturridge, Ramires and Bosingwa (altho he nearly bent us over early on in the game). Romeu also did very well, glad he started over Mikel. We really needed this as we're going into 2 away fixtures next, so hopefully we'll end the year on a high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    Chelsea won, but in truth they are dire, they didn't play well and all this did was help Manchester untied close a small gap, I can't really see past city for the title, only reason my team are always have a chance is because we just know how to win titles.
    Ok then, yeah they're dire, just like we were dire against newcastle, just like we were dire against valencia.

Says the team that scrape 1-0 victories every week, it's not how you play, it's the result and to be fair, after the first goal, we played pretty well.

Romeu is gonna be a legend at chelsea, what a don. I don't think I saw him misplace a pass or mistime a tackle today because he shouldn't have got that yellow for challenging the ball.

Ramires did his thing, the defence was pretty solid today and sturridge is just a top player, caused the defence a hard time, mata linked up the play better than silva today as well besides the first 30 mins of the game.

Mancini did do a couple of tactical errors, like taking off silva for de jong, i know he was trying to stabilise the game, but he took off the one player that could actually penetrate us, with the likes of sturridge, mata, ramires and meireles, we can unlock all defences.

How can you seriously neg me for this. *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    i wasnt really impressed with drogba. the players who did cause havoc were mata and sturridge. drogba was quite slow and was there to hold the ball. he didnt really perform as a striker, more like a midfield i d say. we need a striker who is like sturridge and mata capable to torment defence and make them run, just like aguero did with our defence in the beginning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Huge win :woo:

Some great performances by Sturridge, Ramires and Bosingwa (altho he nearly bent us over early on in the game). Romeu also did very well, glad he started over Mikel. We really needed this as we're going into 2 away fixtures next, so hopefully we'll end the year on a high.
    We now have wigan, who are whipping boys, we're the worse team to face besides united and arsenal right now. Tottenham at the lane will be tough make no mistake.

I thought bosingwa did a great job, seeing as he's not the best defensively, but going forward he did really well, but whenever he went forward it was pretty hard for sturridge to work to the byline.

Also, did you see how sturridge was always switching the ball to another flank? I think he's learning quick as a winger, we should keep him there. I think redknapp described him as lionel messi as in he plays as a right winger but he wants to be a striker like messi in his early days.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.