Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erik.)
    I have a Robinho-shaped delivery here, where shall I put it? And can you please pay the fee of £15m and Joe Cole now pls kthnx
    tbh if you offered that to me on something like FM i would take it. but realistically we have Malouda, Kalou, Zhirkov who are all natural AML players so I don't see why we would need Robinho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erik.)
    I have a Robinho-shaped delivery here, where shall I put it? And can you please pay the fee of £15m and Joe Cole now pls kthnx
    How do I shape **** off without it being censored?

ReputationRep:
    Essien taken to hospital following an injury to his right knee:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ca/8464319.stm

FFS JUST WHEN THINGS WERE LOOKING GOOD. knee injuries are horrible, could mean months out

ReputationRep:
    Certainly a worry. At least we've got Deco coming back in the next couple of weeks, and we've got Bosingwa coming back next month.

We've got 3 midfielders whose current deal expires in the summer - Joey Cole, Ballack and Deco. Will be interesting to see who gets theirs renewed. Hopefully the first two only.

ReputationRep:
    What about Belletti's contract? I know he's a defender in theory but he plays as a midfielder for us a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's another one. Will be up to the club to judge whether or not Mancienne's ready for his utility role yet or not.

ReputationRep:
    What is RA position with City becoming big spenders?
    I mean he's had EPL success but no CL success yet, the top players in the club are only getting older and youth players havent really come through? So in a couple-few years time, surely a huge amount of investment of players will be needed?
    Couple that with the fact that City will probably end up chasing the same players + bigger wage packets (and similar CL opportunities if they finish top4 this season or next etc).

Will he stick it out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    What is RA position with City becoming big spenders?
    I mean he's had EPL success but no CL success yet, the top players in the club are only getting older and youth players havent really come through? So in a couple-few years time, surely a huge amount of investment of players will be needed?
    Couple that with the fact that City will probably end up chasing the same players + bigger wage packets (and similar CL opportunities if they finish top4 this season or next etc).

Will he stick it out?
    It's a cycle that's happening all the time, and i'm not too worried about the average age of our squad. Yes, we've got some older ones - but we've also got some good younger ones. We've invested lots in our youth academy, and we'll reap the awards from the current batch in coming seasons.

Well, all his recent activities have suggested he's committed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    It's a cycle that's happening all the time, and i'm not too worried about the average age of our squad. Yes, we've got some older ones - but we've also got some good younger ones. We've invested lots in our youth academy, and we'll reap the awards from the current batch in coming seasons.

Well, all his recent activities have suggested he's committed.
    Drogba - 31
    Anelka - 30
    Lampard - 31
    Essien - 27
    Ballack - 33
    J.Cole - 28
    A.Cole - 29
    Terry - 29
    Carvalho - 31
    Bosingwa - 27
    Cech - 27

Must be one of the more older XI?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but then again Alex is 27 and Ivanovic is 25 - just as good claims as Carvalho & Bosingwa in our first XI.

Mikel's 21/22, just as good a claim as Ballack in our first XI. Not concerned about dipping into the market anytime soon for a new goalkeeper - Cech may have another 10 years ahead of him as a world-class goalkeeper. Then the likes of Jan Sebek, Sam Walker and particularly Matej Delac (who I'm told is very good) coming up as back up keepers, potentially challenging Cech in years to come.

Defence again i'm not too concerned about. They usually last for longer anyway, and once again we've got some good youngsters coming up. Might have to dip into the market for 1-2 quality defenders over the next 3-4 years but that's about it.

Midfielers - will need to invest in next couple of years, agreed. Will need to bring in 2-3 good midfielders in next 3-4 years.

Strikers - Again, will be investing in some quality soon. Will probably need to bring in 2-3 strikers in next 3-4 years of high quality.

ReputationRep:
    **** me we're an old bunch.

ReputationRep:
    Old? We have Ancelotti.

ReputationRep:
    Drog, Anelk, Lamps, Cashley all have maybe 2 years left at the height of their game.

Terrance will probably be aroun forever.

I personally feel Ballack is pretty much in decline now, though hope he can do it at the WC. It is a very old team, that's for sure. This season should really be the best seen from chelsea for a few years.

ReputationRep:
    Essien has been ruled out for at least the remainder of the ACoN.....

ReputationRep:
    that means we r screwed for a few games because ghana look like going out of the ACON so he will be on our medical table, we could have got him back early but he was fully fit when he left so we can't be that surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Essien has been ruled out for at least the remainder of the ACoN.....
    do you only post here when you have bad news for Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    do you only post here when you have bad news for Chelsea?
    No, I thought it may be of interest to the Chelsea fans on here..... Sorry. The last time I said something vaguely good in here I got negged for wumming, which I wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    No, I thought it may be of interest to the Chelsea fans on here..... Sorry. The last time I said something vaguely good in here I got negged for wumming, which I wasn't.
    scroll up mate, we already knew about the injury. we don't need fans from other clubs giving us updates on our players either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    scroll up mate, we already knew about the injury. we don't need fans from other clubs giving us updates on our players either
    Why the **** are you calling me out on this, yet RobbieC gets no attention whatsoever?

Fine, I shant post in this thread again.

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed your contributions though Kev.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.