Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    i wasnt really impressed with drogba. the players who did cause havoc were mata and sturridge. drogba was quite slow and was there to hold the ball. he didnt really perform as a striker, more like a midfield i d say. we need a striker who is like sturridge and mata capable to torment defence and make them run, just like aguero did with our defence in the beginning.
    Completely explains why we don't score, but I think that was drogba's job, this was an extremely big team, maybe that's why we needed drogba for it, think torres should start for wigan though, he's got to score there and drogba for tottenham.

ReputationRep:
    I wish the Chelsea team doctor was my GP. Might actually go when ill then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Also, did you see how sturridge was always switching the ball to another flank? I think he's learning quick as a winger, we should keep him there. I think redknapp described him as lionel messi as in he plays as a right winger but he wants to be a striker like messi in his early days.
    I just love it when I see him with the ball on the right. He can outpace the LB to cross or cut in and take a shot on his strong foot, which just shows how well he's settled into the role of a winger.

I did have some concern for Ivanovic at CB though. Almost got himself sent off at 2 minutes. I don't know if re-investing in another CB is the option, but certainly we need some consistency at the back.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Great win for Chelsea, brings the title race alive nicely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I just love it when I see him with the ball on the right. He can outpace the LB to cross or cut in and take a shot on his strong foot, which just shows how well he's settled into the role of a winger.

I did have some concern for Ivanovic at CB though. Almost got himself sent off at 2 minutes. I don't know if re-investing in another CB is the option, but certainly we need some consistency at the back.
    Yes we do.
    Please not cahill unless it's on a free or for around 5 million.
    Also, I would like a january where we don't spend 60 million net money on players either.
    We should get bruma back, or try to get a permit for rajkovic if we buy him back. There is no need to buy a defender.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get to see the game, but I was listening on commentary and it sounded like a good win. Quite impressed with the development of our midfield and our wingers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Didn't get to see the game, but I was listening on commentary and it sounded like a good win. Quite impressed with the development of our midfield and our wingers
    I'd say the first 20 minutes of so saw your lot get hammered by some admittedly fantastic Man City play. After that however Chelsea got back in to the game and started to "get to" the Man City midfield. After that, you never really let City settle back down, you frustrated them and managed to equalise. Hart didn't really have too much to worry about, but the red card saw City struggle. Once Chelsea took the lead, Man City opened up a little more and you managed to keep them but couldn't mount an attack for fouling or offsides. It was quite funny how frustrated they got.

Not the best Chelsea display we'll see this season, but it was effective.

ReputationRep:
    Lamps complaining about being a sub... understandable, but I hope the fact that we've won 3 consecutive games without him on the pitch for prolonged periods of time hasn't gone by him. We've been playing better without the likes of Mikel, Lampard, Malouda and Kalou...

Good to hear about Romeu being entirely ours too. Was getting very paranoid about Barca!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Lamps complaining about being a sub... understandable, but I hope the fact that we've won 3 consecutive games without him on the pitch for prolonged periods of time hasn't gone by him. We've been playing better without the likes of Mikel, Lampard, Malouda and Kalou...

Good to hear about Romeu being entirely ours too. Was getting very paranoid about Barca!
    What's that about Romeu being entirely ours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)

Great win!

I heard AVB saying that he might bring back, Bruma, Rajkovic or use Hutchinson or Chalobah. Apparently we have a buy back clause on Rajkovic

Stuuurriiiddgeee what a player!, skipped past Clichy and a greaat time for Meireles to get his first goal for Chelsea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Great win!

I heard AVB saying that he might bring back, Bruma, Rajkovic or use Hutchinson or Chalobah. Apparently we have a buy back clause on Rajkovic

Stuuurriiiddgeee what a player!, skipped past Clichy and a greaat time for Meireles to get his first goal for Chelsea!
    Not too sure about hutchinson, but he got a new contract tbf, chalobah will get an appearance this season. Bruma should stay, we don't need any defenders, luiz and terry is the partnership. When terry gets older and put on the bench, we use luiz and one of bruma/chalobah and maybe a defender that we buy in a year or two.

ReputationRep:
    yeah bruma is doing well. we dont need any defenders atm. we need to sell drogba whilst we can to the chinese club and perhaps buy another winger or striker. loan mcechran and lukaku though.

ReputationRep:
    You can't loan Lukaku out as he's already played for two clubs this season. ....

ReputationRep:
    I do think something needs to be done about the centre back position though. When I look at it, we have Terry, Iva and Luiz. Both Ivanovic and Luiz are less than solid at the back and to win championships you need to be able to keep teams out first and foremost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    You can't loan Lukaku out as he's already played for two clubs this season. ....
    No he hasn't.
    He can be loaned out in january, and he could have been loaned out to another team in europe in september.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    No he hasn't.
    He can be loaned out in january, and he could have been loaned out to another team in europe in september.
    He played for Anderlecht before you signed him. ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    I do think something needs to be done about the centre back position though. When I look at it, we have Terry, Iva and Luiz. Both Ivanovic and Luiz are less than solid at the back and to win championships you need to be able to keep teams out first and foremost.
    Nothing needs to be done, we need one more CB for cover, but for the pairing, luiz and terry is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    He played for Anderlecht before you signed him. ....
    He can be loaned out, I'm sure of it. Did he play for anderlecht in europa league?
    Also, we had the chance to loan him outside of the premier league, well that's what sky sports said but he already had europe experience so there was no need.

Maybe you're right though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    and at greaat time for Meireles to get his first goal for Chelsea!
    He actually scored in the 5-0 win over Genk in October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    He actually scored in the 5-0 win over Genk in October.
    Not in the league he didn't :P

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.