Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    So we got the most difficult draw from the teams that finished first? Hm, seems about right.
    Think you'll find that Arsenal did..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Think you'll find that Arsenal did..
    Napoli are a stronger team than Milan no?
    I know Milan will be stronger this year but they got knocked out by tottenham last season. Tottenham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    Napoli are a stronger team than Milan no?
    I know Milan will be stronger this year but they got knocked out by tottenham last season. Tottenham!
    AC Milan hold a 7 point lead over Napoli in Serie A after 14 league games.

ReputationRep:
    we will destroy Napoli. thank god we didnt get russian clubs. wouldn't be nice to play on the ice.

ReputationRep:
    Both the English clubs got the two hardest runners- up.

**** UEFA

ReputationRep:
    Hardly UEFA's fault. Difficult draw but Napoli have little pedigree at this stage. We should progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Hardly UEFA's fault. Difficult draw but Napoli have little pedigree at this stage. We should progress.
    Of course it's down to luck, but even the Manchester clubs (lol) and Stoke have gotten difficult draws as well in the Europa league.

Just made me wonder...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Of course it's down to luck, but even the Manchester clubs (lol) and Stoke have gotten difficult draws as well in the Europa league.

Just made me wonder...
    Mm, well, I guess some years it happens that way. Last year we got Copenhagen; Man U drew Marseilles...it's an unfortunate coincidence, but...

ReputationRep:
    Not heard much on Napoli apart from their striker Cavani, if we manage to keep him quiet then we should be able to progress.. That being said, I would of have rather been drawn against Zenit than Napoli.

ReputationRep:
    I think Napoli are stronger than AC Milan.

We've certainly got our work cut out for ourselves. But, if we're going to win we're going to have to beat the best. Plus, it makes victory so much sweeter if we beat a very good team.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit sad that I wouldn't actually be surprised were the draws to have been rigged against the English teams. I highly doubt that's the case though.

Also, I think you lot are building up Napoli a bit too much. It's not as though they have a wealth of European experience, and they're not exactly setting Serie A alight at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriggy)
    It's a bit sad that I wouldn't actually be surprised were the draws to have been rigged against the English teams. I highly doubt that's the case though.

Also, I think you lot are building up Napoli a bit too much. It's not as though they have a wealth of European experience, and they're not exactly setting Serie A alight at the moment.
    It is weirdly suspicious that every English team got what would be considered a togh draw in their respective competitions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    It is weirdly suspicious that every English team got what would be considered a togh draw in their respective competitions.
    In the Europa League, there were tougher draws than Ajax/Porto though. You can only really say that Chelsea/Arsenal got the toughest draws, and even then you can only be drawn against 7 other teams so its quite likely that you're going to get a tough team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Aye. And taking the conspiracy theory further... the French teams got very favorable draws. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes uefa are fixing it against england, thats why unitd and arsenal both got pretty easy groups

ReputationRep:
    Btw, when did Lampard say he wanted to leave Chelsea??!!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Btw, when did Lampard say he wanted to leave Chelsea??!!?
    He didn't, if I'm informed correctly. I think it's just newspapers and other media outlets blowing out of proportion his frustration at being taken off against Newcastle. The same thing has been happening with Torres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    He didn't, if I'm informed correctly. I think it's just newspapers and other media outlets blowing out of proportion his frustration at being taken off against Newcastle. The same thing has been happening with Torres.
    Yeah thought as much. Lampard loves Chelsea too much methinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Yeah thought as much. Lampard loves Chelsea too much methinks.
    He's said on multiple occasions that he wants to finish his career here. If he wasn't such a committed professional then I'd harbour more doubt about his position, but I don't see him as the type to change his mind on that statement on the basis of having to fight for his place.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I just seen Michael Essien is at the Alexandra Palance tonight watching the World Darts Championships.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.