• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why did AVB take Sturridge off?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh for the love of God. :mad: :shoot:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Yeah but Terry has said that Bruma is the one or someone who can replace him in the team. Luiz / Bruma in the future? He did just sign a new 4 year contract, so he is seen as a long term prospect.

Why the hell isn't Torres playing unless AVB is planning to start him against Spurs...
    Right, well, I wasn't aware that Terry had said that. Don't we have Chalobah at CB as well who's meant to be a bit of a prospect?

I know, there's no excuse for not giving Torres any game time in the last three games. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Oh FFS!!!

ReputationRep:
    REF IS CHEATING WIGAN...

where is FERNANDO TORRES? DID HE TALK BACK TO AVB OR WHAT?

ReputationRep:
    We need a right back to replace bosingwa, liability.

ReputationRep:
    For ****s sake...

-.-

Didn't really deserve it though, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Why the hell isn't Torres playing unless AVB is planning to start him against Spurs...
    I hope he does start against Spurs. I'm a Spurs supporter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    Aim, failed.

Strange manager you have.
    Oh well, that was so stupid, why take sturridge off? Drogba was doing nothing for the whole game.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't Bosingwa's fault.

Petr Cech was the liability today. Drogba was **** and non-existent. Lamps did nothing. Cole had a tragic game. For gods sake. We had virtually all of last season's team on for the second half, and the mediocrity and ****ness was just stunning.

I will repeat, David Luiz and Ramires are fundamental parts of the team. We're back to our ****tyness again without them. Luiz might be defensively frail - although I disagree with this POV - but his drive and forward runs push the team onwards.

For gods sake though. Wigan looked a better team than us all day. Or at least as good as us. We should be mauling them. We should never, ever have Malouda and Kalou on the pitch at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Yeah but Terry has said that Bruma is the one or someone who can replace him in the team. Luiz / Bruma in the future? He did just sign a new 4 year contract, so he is seen as a long term prospect.

Don't forget Chalobah! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    We need a right back to replace bosingwa, liability.
    Cech was worse. Drogba was worse. Kalou and Malouda were worse.

ReputationRep:
    Why did we take Mata off and put Mikel on? When we were dominating possession we could have still been pushing for a second but instead opted to go defensive. made no sense...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Why did we take Mata off and put Mikel on? When we were dominating possession we could have still been pushing for a second but instead opted to go defensive. made no sense...
    You have Spurs on Thursday, and then another game on Monday. Just resting legs probably.

As for blaming Bosingwa for Cech's error, OK. That is some trolling. [not you, Iso]

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, we should of won this easily with more goals, but no chances and no drive or ambition to score. Apart from Sturridge, no one else really performed. Cole needs to learn to get drive down that wing, made me furious every time he stopped and passed it back when there was an open space in front of him.. Points like these will add up at the end of the season and I hope Villas-Boas drills them to the ground.

ReputationRep:
    Ivanovic at CB needs to be looked at. Was it him who did that suicidal back pass to Cech or was it Terry? They don't compliment each other at all. As someone mentioned above Luiz is a maniac defensively, but we should play him with Romeu who he likes to sit back anyway.

We needed Ramires today in midfield. Lampard didn't have that impetus (which he used to) to keep going forward and attacking from the middle. There was far too much emphasis on the wings instead, and was mostly wasted cos Drogba couldn't be arsed to show up.

Great to see Sturridge get a goal. The only real positive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    It wasn't Bosingwa's fault.

Petr Cech was the liability today. Drogba was **** and non-existent. Lamps did nothing. Cole had a tragic game. For gods sake. We had virtually all of last season's team on for the second half, and the mediocrity and ****ness was just stunning.

I will repeat, David Luiz and Ramires are fundamental parts of the team. We're back to our ****tyness again without them. Luiz might be defensively frail - although I disagree with this POV - but his drive and forward runs push the team onwards.

For gods sake though. Wigan looked a better team than us all day. Or at least as good as us. We should be mauling them. We should never, ever have Malouda and Kalou on the pitch at the same time.
    Was about to say that we had last seasons team on, how the hell did we win all those games last season, no wonder united won the league, we were **** last season.

How many times have I said it, malouda and kalou are liabilities, why take off your two best players in mata and sturridge. We need a 3rd winger, badly.

With the goal, I think if bosingwa had got back earlier, we could have got it to safety but cech did flop us, man united win like this all the time so why can't we?

We can honestly forget about the title now unless arsenal beat city, looks like we're settling for 3rd or 2nd place this season and rebuilding. Also, we need to get bruma back on loan, ivanovic is much better as a right back and we have no cover in defence if one player gets injured. Bruma and chalobah looks like the long term pairing of the future when terry retires and looks very good.

I was screaming for torres to come on once we scored, why did we take off sturridge? Fair enough he wasn't influencing in the game but would malouda do a better job? He aimed for a 1-0 victory and it flopped, would have worked at home, but doesn't work away from home to a team surviving the drop like wigan who always finds a way to escape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Right, well, I wasn't aware that Terry had said that. Don't we have Chalobah at CB as well who's meant to be a bit of a prospect?

I know, there's no excuse for not giving Torres any game time in the last three games. :facepalm:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Don't forget Chalobah! :awesome:
    Ofc we have Chalobah too! Big and strong . It was Ivanovic with that back pass. As mentioned Luiz and Ramires are part of the new team that we're building and it was pretty evident that they were missed. Lampard just showed us that will all his complaining he still didn't do anything last night, if this were Man City or even Man United they would have torn Wigan apart. Luiz and Terry should be the central defensive partnership with Ivanovic playing at Right back. I can see AVB winning battles in many of the contract renewals, after displays like this. Drogba just could not be asked to make runs or get ahead of his markers. Even Torres has tried more when he's played! Sturridge is simply brilliant.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.