Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    A point more than we deserved. We were absolutely appalling all game. The slowest, most laboures performance you're ever likely to see. Did nothing to try and break Wigan down except stand around with the ball on the edge of the box, passing it to no-one in particular.

Cech - 4/10 - Did well to stop them scoring when Ivanovic f**ked up, but some dodgy kicks and catches, followed up by buggering up for their goal. Not the player he once was.

Cole - 6/10 - Assist and wasn't too bad, though was beaten a few times too easily.

Terry - 6.5/10 - You can always tlel when we're playing badly since Terry becomes an attacking midfielder. Tried to push the team on as best he could, and did alright at the back.

Ivanovic - 4/10 - Very poor I thought, nearly gifted them a goal. He's much better at RB, but a total liability at CB.

Bosingwa - 6/10 - Not that bad considering. Actually ran at people once or twice.

Romeu - 6/10 - Should have been kept on, he was doing well.

Merieles - 2/10 - Nearly every pass was misplaced and I lost count of the number of half hearted "tackles" he made by casually poking a foot in the direction of the ball, and just letting the player run past him.

Lampard - 4/10 - Slow and ponderous as usual.

Mata - 5/10 - Glimpses of quality, but never really got into the game.

Sturridge - 7/10 - Only player who actually played well. But so many times he got the ball there was just no movement at all.

Drogba - 1/10 - I usually scoff when people give ratings of 1/10 to a player, because it's an exaggeration. But this was just totally woeful from Drogba. After such a good couple of games, he did nothing today. Won about 1 header in the whole match, passing was shocking. And near the end was just heading the ball away for Wigan.

Subs:

Kalou - 5/10 - Didn't do much really.
    Mikel - 5/10 - What was the point of that?
    Malouda - 3/10 - Amazing he could score so slow despite being on the field for the shortest time, but he was just walking around without a care in the f**king world. No interest in the game.

AVB - 5/10 - Wrong team choice and wrong subs for me.

Must improve massively against Spurs or we're in for a defeat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    A point more than we deserved. We were absolutely appalling all game. The slowest, most laboures performance you're ever likely to see. Did nothing to try and break Wigan down except stand around with the ball on the edge of the box, passing it to no-one in particular.

Cech - 4/10 - Did well to stop them scoring when Ivanovic f**ked up, but some dodgy kicks and catches, followed up by buggering up for their goal. Not the player he once was.

Cole - 6/10 - Assist and wasn't too bad, though was beaten a few times too easily.

Terry - 6.5/10 - You can always tlel when we're playing badly since Terry becomes an attacking midfielder. Tried to push the team on as best he could, and did alright at the back.

Ivanovic - 4/10 - Very poor I thought, nearly gifted them a goal. He's much better at RB, but a total liability at CB.

Bosingwa - 6/10 - Not that bad considering. Actually ran at people once or twice.

Romeu - 6/10 - Should have been kept on, he was doing well.

Merieles - 2/10 - Nearly every pass was misplaced and I lost count of the number of half hearted "tackles" he made by casually poking a foot in the direction of the ball, and just letting the player run past him.

Lampard - 4/10 - Slow and ponderous as usual.

Mata - 5/10 - Glimpses of quality, but never really got into the game.

Sturridge - 7/10 - Only player who actually played well. But so many times he got the ball there was just no movement at all.

Drogba - 1/10 - I usually scoff when people give ratings of 1/10 to a player, because it's an exaggeration. But this was just totally woeful from Drogba. After such a good couple of games, he did nothing today. Won about 1 header in the whole match, passing was shocking. And near the end was just heading the ball away for Wigan.

Subs:

Kalou - 5/10 - Didn't do much really.
    Mikel - 5/10 - What was the point of that?
    Malouda - 3/10 - Amazing he could score so slow despite being on the field for the shortest time, but he was just walking around without a care in the f**king world. No interest in the game.

AVB - 5/10 - Wrong team choice and wrong subs for me.

Must improve massively against Spurs or we're in for a defeat.
    How the **** did we draw to wigan?
    Ok, this match shows how well ancelotti actually did for us with the team he actually had last year, malouda is nowhere near the player he was in 2009-2010 and I can't believe i'm saying this, but kalou actually played alright, there was one inside run he made that was quite good but when they've scored an equaliser, malouda and kalou on the wings aren't the best players to have. We haven't won a game 1-0 this season I think.
    Ivanovic should just stay at RB and we need a CB for cover very soon because if luiz gets injured we're in trouble, the stupid goals we concede in CB usually involves ivanovic, the man city one was the typical goal that we've been conceding this season. High line, slow players that can't react in time or a **** pass back to the goalkeeper.

We underestimated wigan and thought it was a walkover, this was a one off, we're still on a good run and have conceded 4 goals in around 6 games. We'll use our best team against tottenham, so this won't be an issue.

Our midfield was missing the entire game though, we need ramires and essien(if he ever comes back from injury)

(Original post by Isometrix)
    He must have been taking advice on substitutions from Claudio Ranieri.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    He must have been taking advice on substitutions from Claudio Ranieri.
    Ranieri put scott parker as a right back in the champions league semi final. This is one of the reasons why our luck is so crap in that competition.

(Original post by jam277)
    Ranieri put scott parker as a right back in the champions league semi final. This is one of the reasons why our luck is so crap in that competition.
    I thought it was Hasselbaink at right back, 50% fit Veron on right wing and Rob Huth up-front. I guess my memory is blurred. I say memory, I tried to blot out all recollection of that night a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    This is why we don't win the champions league,
    Although their team surprisingly was pretty good, evra, squillaci, morientes. But that game was there for the taking. Did we axe ranieri when we lost the champions league or was it another reason.

I thought it was just because we needed a manager with a bit more pedigree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    I thought it was Hasselbaink at right back, 50% fit Veron on right wing and Rob Huth up-front. I guess my memory is blurred. I say memory, I tried to blot out all recollection of that night a long time ago.
    It's worse than I feared, He put johnson as a centre back as well. How did we not win the champions league that season?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but we did get avram grant in when mourinho left? But then again, we never got a trophy with ranieri in charge?

ReputationRep:
    We honestly were lucky to come out with a point - thank God for Sturridge.

And Drogba... WTF?

How can someone be so beastly one game, then worse than useless in the next?

ReputationRep:
    Was reading the BBC gossip and seems like we're linked once again with Edison Cavani and Moutinho as well as Gotze. Doubt Gotze will come since he said he wants to stay with Dortmund till 2014. Cavani and Moutinho anyone? The latter was at the heart of AVB's Porto plans and he knows him really really well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Merieles - I lost count of the number of half hearted "tackles" he made by casually poking a foot in the direction of the ball, and just letting the player run past him.
    Get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    I think AVB is planning to get a striker, play maker, center back and a right back when the transfer market opens. Could also see him invest in a right footed winger and possibly a left back in case Cole gets injured? Either that or a replacement for Cole altogether.

Though.. AVB's definitely been keeping his cards to his chest, probably because he doesn't want to upset any of the current Chelsea players.

Who do you guys want to see at the Bridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I think AVB is planning to get a striker, play maker, center back and a right back when the transfer market opens. Could also see him invest in a right footed winger and possibly a left back in case Cole gets injured? Either that or a replacement for Cole altogether.

Though.. AVB's definitely been keeping his cards to his chest, probably because he doesn't want to upset any of the current Chelsea players.

Torres scoring.

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Torres scoring.

That is all.
    Yes. XD

(Original post by Hemzo)

I think it'll be a striker OR a right sided winger imo because he'll either move Sturridge up top (which I dont know would be a good or a bad thing seeing as he's scored 9 goals from right wing and is amazing there atm). Cavani would be awesome at the Bridge. Vargas would have been nice but he's going to Napoli now.

At left back I can see Alvaro Pereira coming in and replacing Cole if that is too happen apparently, Porto are having financial issues so they are dropping valuations on players. As for the playmaker, im going back to Porto but Joao Moutinho would be somebody that could benefit us as AVB knows him back to front? I think we should make Ivanovic a permanent right back, hes best played there now tbh. At centre back, anyone who can defend and not leak goals would help lol.

ReputationRep:
    After last January's insane splashing of the cash, do you really expect RA to do it again this January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    After last January's insane splashing of the cash, do you really expect RA to do it again this January?
    I can see a busy January for Chelsea.

To be honest, it is necessary...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    I can see a busy January for Chelsea.

To be honest, it is necessary...
    Probably means paying massively inflated prices again.. Probably couldve gotten Torres for £30mil in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Exactly, only players I expect AVB to get is a winger and a centre back, that being either rajkovic or bruma, no idea on the winger, some randomer from chile or something?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.