Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1868965

Let's get it on. :sparta:

ReputationRep:
    CPS verdict on whether to prosecute Terry coming later today, if he is prosecuted and then the FA investigate (a la Suarez) then it will have massive implications for Chelsea!

ReputationRep:
    We can't afford to have Terry banned for 8 matches. Would leave David Luiz and Ivanovic in defence, without any replacements.

Surely they can't prosecute him on the sole basis of what a TV camera showed? Not enough evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    We can't afford to have Terry banned for 8 matches. Would leave David Luiz and Ivanovic in defence, without any replacements.

Surely they can't prosecute him on the sole basis of what a TV camera showed? Not enough evidence.
    Lol they banned Suarez on even less evidence.

And with all the context around, you'd think a ban on Terry would be longer.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we're gonna have to recall bruma and buy rajkovic back now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Lol they banned Suarez on even less evidence.

And with all the context around, you'd think a ban on Terry would be longer.
    Terry not to play for the rest of the season and banned for england most likely. But I assure you, FA won't ban him for england.

ReputationRep:
    Whether or not he gets banned or not, it's looks likely now that the decision will occur during or after January, which gives us time to buy a replacement in the transfer market.

I would like to see Rajkovic back, thought he was good in our preseason games and Cahill looks like a good buy too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Whether or not he gets banned or not, it's looks likely now that the decision will occur during or after January, which gives us time to buy a replacement in the transfer market.

I would like to see Rajkovic back, thought he was good in our preseason games and Cahill looks like a good buy too.
    As much as I don't rate cahill, I guess he's one of our only options now, him, bruma and rajkovic is enough cover if alex leaves, I think if alex doesn't leave, then we should forget about cahill. Alex is better than him despite his mistakes this season.

ReputationRep:
    1245 FOOTBALL: Chelsea have denied Andre Villas-Boas had former player Tommy Langley removed from the club's in-house television channel. Langley branded the manager "petty", "vindictive" and "unprofessional" over allegations he had prevented Nicolas Anelka and Alex from parking their vehicles in the first-team car park after they had been banished from the squad for handing in transfer requests. The Blues insisted the decision to dispense with long-serving pundit Langley while an internal review was undertaken was made by senior editorial staff and was not forced by Villas-Boas.

:eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    As much as I don't rate cahill, I guess he's one of our only options now, him, bruma and rajkovic is enough cover if alex leaves, I think if alex doesn't leave, then we should forget about cahill. Alex is better than him despite his mistakes this season.
    Plus he's got that bullet of a right foot, but I think I'd rather see Rajkovic play for us than anyone else tbh.. He's just got to sort out his short temper.

ReputationRep:
    1245 FOOTBALL: Chelsea have denied Andre Villas-Boas had former player Tommy Langley removed from the club's in-house television channel. Langley branded the manager "petty", "vindictive" and "unprofessional" over allegations he had prevented Nicolas Anelka and Alex from parking their vehicles in the first-team car park after they had been banished from the squad for handing in transfer requests. The Blues insisted the decision to dispense with long-serving pundit Langley while an internal review was undertaken was made by senior editorial staff and was not forced by Villas-Boas.

Interesting. I think AVB is a strict character, I support his stance though, if a player wants to leave, it'll unsettle the team training with them. Anelka and alex are no longer first team. At the very least, this is better than how mancini treats his players, at least they don't train with the under 15s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Plus he's got that bullet of a right foot, but I think I'd rather see Rajkovic play for us than anyone else tbh.. He's just got to sort out his short temper.
    Yeah, we should get rajkovic in. Maybe let bruma stay at hamburg because I see bruma staying in the reserves if he comes back this season.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...riminal-charge

The CPS has now made its decision, also confirming that Terry will appear before West London Magistrates' Court on 1st February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...riminal-charge

The CPS has now made its decision, also confirming that Terry will appear before West London Magistrates' Court on 1st February.
    Sucks.

But the FA cannot do anything until after February 1st I think so no bans or fines until then...

ReputationRep:

Unbelievable, it's a top flight, professional football club, not a freaking holiday camp.

If they are not going to feature for the 1st Team again, then why should they be given 1st Team privileges?

Andre Villas Boas has done the right thing by adopting a strict stance. The management has the final say, not the players...or the TV pundits in this case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)

Andre Villas Boas has done the right thing by adopting a strict stance.
    Like a boss :yep:

He also said he didn't care if his players didn't like him lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Like a boss :yep:

He also said he didn't care if his players didn't like him lol.
    I love AVB man. That's how you do it though. Well done to him. If alex features for the first team again and decides to stay, then he can train for the first team then.

The Suarez thing is a massive farce. No doubt they will try to hang Terry out to dry as well. Guess we'll be looking at Lescott and Jagielka/Cahill for the Euro's. England to go out in the group stages, probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    The Suarez thing is a massive farce. No doubt they will try to hang Terry out to dry as well. Guess we'll be looking at Lescott and Jagielka/Cahill for the Euro's. England to go out in the group stages, probably.
    I think it was unfair on suarez. But well, terry isn't playing for england again most likely, plus, it makes sense, ferdinand might go to the euros instead. Lescott and jagielka did a job against spain with the help of parker, I'm not too worried about them two playing, they know each other well from everton too.

ReputationRep:
    Was it me or did Bosingwa look better defensively at CB rather than RB? Imo Paulo Ferreira was brilliant at RB against Bale, for someone who hasn't played in a month or so did a fantastic job, I really think he should be playing more especially over Bosingwa. Great game last night though. AVB should practice one on ones with Ramires in training he seems to be the one there all the time :P

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.