Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    We still have an over reliance on Drogba atm. I agree we need to slowly take him out. Remember when AVB persisted with Torres at the start of the season and after a couple of games he started scoring a few goals (2 against Genk, 1 - United and Swansea) shows us that he just needs to start and play a few games. We have Fulham, Sunderland and Wolves next, not saying their easy but its games like this that can help Torres and Fulham's defense is in shambles atm.

Edit: And I get negged cause I agreed to slowly take Drogba out of the team?....
    Yes, and whilst that was just about okay three years ago when Drogba could get 20-30 goals a season, it's not now as he's ageing and Lampard is not necessarily the force that he was. Fortunately, Torres will get his opportunity presently as Drogba will inevitably be called up for the African Cup of Nations. It's Torres's big opportunity to impress and silence, to an extent, the huge number of doubters that he has currently.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours are that Cahill has agreed all terms and we're signing him for £7m.

ReputationRep:
    7m is a good amount for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandra1993)
    won't drogba be gone for the afcon? if he is then torres should start playing asap
    He shall indeed be, which will be Torres's major chance to prove he is worthy of a starting place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Rumours are that Cahill has agreed all terms and we're signing him for £7m.
    A good, reasonably priced backup that will help us replace the void left by Alex - and he's twenty-six so we should get a good five years or thereabouts for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    A good, reasonably priced backup that will help us replace the void left by Alex - and he's twenty-six so we should get a good five years or thereabouts for him.
    That was a good price, although I was against the signing, he would be useful with terry since they've played with each other for england and is a reasonable backup. Think we'll use bruma next season.

ReputationRep:
    Starting line up: Cech, Bosingwa, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Romeu, Lampard, Meireles, Sturridge, TORRES, Mata

And Lukaku on the bench too. Looking forward to this

ReputationRep:
    Torres is starting and Lukaku is on the bench!

ReputationRep:
    Torres should be starting every game tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see Torres starting. I'm sure he can discover his old goalscoring form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Torres should be starting every game tbh.
    It's what needs to happen tbh. Hopefully in January he can keep his place even after Drogba comes back.

Hoping McEachran get's some game time too.

ReputationRep:
    great save.. hoping torres gets his goal
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Good save! Torres doing well so far, making good tackles, esp. one with Hangerland there, but Sturridge could have scored.

Pretty even game so far, both sides having chances.

I can't even be annoyed about this, it's exactly what I've come to expect.

ReputationRep:
    so it looks like torres is playing on the right and mata up top with drogba?? interesting..

ReputationRep:
    so united put five past these lot away, but you guys are getting yourself handed at home by the same team 4 days later.... strange they can't really find form 4 days later like this, although I think you'll win this one 2-1.

ReputationRep:
    Just seems like a similar performance against Wigan..

ReputationRep:
    FFS

ReputationRep:
    torres flop of the match:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    I can't even be annoyed about this, it's exactly what I've come to expect.
    Agreed, it's the way we expect them to play now..So anyone else think we need some sort of strengthening upfront in Jan?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.