Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Chelsea have got worse since 09, Barca have improved massively. It would be a complete mismatch now.

And it is good home form, but its not exactly against the highest calibre of opponent is it? Valencia didnt turn up, Leverkusen are a decent enough team (although one you should be beating anyway, and Genk = :facepalm2:).

League form counts for nothing in European football. For all of City's impressive league form, they got destroyed by Bayern and were lucky not to be beaten twice against Napoli. Villarreal's key injuries stopped them from being any sort of threat.
    You do realise genk turned up more than villareal did.
    Valencia turned up in the away leg, so did leverkusen and genk. Leverkusen and valencia were at the level of napoli. We didn't get beat twice and they didn't score against us at home. We'll see in the second leg. Although I don't fancy us to win against barca if we get them, I think we're a midfield signing and a winger away from getting to that level, that plus a bolstered defence without injury will solve our problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    If we're looking at a rotation winger then I would personally look into Hoilett. The guy already plays in the PL, would not cost much as he's from a close-to-relegated Blackburn side, and can provide cover on both flanks. He could do miles better at a top side.
    Yeah that's true, because unless torres and drogba are to be benched for sturridge up top, I don't see krasic getting into the team. Hoilett would be better, although I haven't seen too much of him.

Also, with the problem of the playmaker who can do what lampard used to do which we need due to meireles being ok but not great, modric wouldn't have solved the problem since he's a deep lying playmaker, I think mceachran playing would actually help us if he started getting minutes, that plus the return of essien(if he ever returns) would get us back to winning ways.

I honestly think our squad can cover all the crisis without buying cahill but he's an alright addition for 7million, we should get bruma back too. I can see AVB loaning out mceachran and lukaku to bolton since coyle's his friend and we're getting his player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    You do realise genk turned up more than villareal did.
    Valencia turned up in the away leg, so did leverkusen and genk. Leverkusen and valencia were at the level of napoli. We didn't get beat twice and they didn't score against us at home. We'll see in the second leg. Although I don't fancy us to win against barca if we get them, I think we're a midfield signing and a winger away from getting to that level, that plus a bolstered defence without injury will solve our problems.
    No. None of your players would get into Barca's first team. Youre one or two signing away from being title challengers in the PL, not one or two signings away from being on terms with one of the greatest club sides ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    No. None of your players would get into Barca's first team. Youre one or two signing away from being title challengers in the PL, not one or two signings away from being on terms with one of the greatest club sides ever.
    I wouldn't go as far to say that, terry with his performances recently could, he's saved us in quite a few games, sturridge is getting goals and getting past players, but he's basically like having ronaldo in your team. Ashley cole is better than abidal, that's 2 players and with sturridge's recent form at a stretch but he would be on the bench with the likes of pedro and afellay who can do the same thing.

The midfield, how many midfielders would get into barca's team?
    One, it's because of how they play.
    Two, it's because they're that good, real madrid wouldn't have anyone who could get into barca's team besides alonso, ronaldo and casillas and I would take out ronaldo and casillas because they don't fit the system so then it's only alonso.

If you give romeu a year to consistantly perform, he would be good enough for the barca team, he rarely makes mistakes and gets the ball forward, something barcelona would love. If it wasn't for busquetts being the same as him and mascherano, he would be in the team by now even though he's 19. Busquetts is 21-22, he has obviously had more time to play and make a name for himself than romeu has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I wouldn't go as far to say that, terry with his performances recently could, he's saved us in quite a few games, sturridge is getting goals and getting past players, but he's basically like having ronaldo in your team. Ashley cole is better than abidal, that's 2 players and with sturridge's recent form at a stretch but he would be on the bench with the likes of pedro and afellay who can do the same thing.

The midfield, how many midfielders would get into barca's team?
    One, it's because of how they play.
    Two, it's because they're that good, real madrid wouldn't have anyone who could get into barca's team besides alonso, ronaldo and casillas and I would take out ronaldo and casillas because they don't fit the system.
    :rofl: Terry would get into Barca's team. :rofl: He wouldn't even be Barca's 5th choice CB. :rofl:

Cole has been crap for a while now and a shadow of the player from a year or 2 ago. Sturridge and Mata would be battling for a place on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    :rofl: Terry would get into Barca's team. :rofl: He wouldn't even be Barca's 5th choice CB. :rofl:

Cole has been crap for a while now and a shadow of the player from a year or 2 ago. Sturridge and Mata would be battling for a place on the bench.
    I disagree with terry, recently he's been playing pretty well, probably been our best player this month besides sturridge, his performance against tottenham for example was a world class performance.
    Cole hasn't been at his best, but he is still better than abidal. So he will be in the first team.

Only thing I agree with you is sturridge and mata, I said that they would be on the bench with pedro and afellay. I didn't even include mata because it's basically spanish team mk2.

Also, if you gave romeu a year to consistantly perform like he has, he would be in the barca team, only that they have busquetts already, who's had more time to do the same thing, romeu gets the ball forward quickly and tackles the player, doesn't lose the ball when he's on it either.
    Also, although ramires is our best midfielder and essien before the injuries would have been at the level of schweinsteigger who's the best box to box midfielder atm, they don't fit barca's system, just ask yaya toure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    One thing I've noticed is that, when Mata plays, there's barely anyone on the left-wing and our players have no-one to pass to over there. A. Cole looks confused about what to do when Mata shifts inwards. We need a left-winger, keep Mata in the centre and play Sturridge out right.

Good to hear that Malouda is upset about not playing enough. Hopefully he goes away. I'm sceptical about buying Krasic. If he isn't good enough for Juve, how could he be good enough for us? Buy Hazard/someone with a high profile + serious potential. Also a bit sceptical about Cahill. Worried that it'll hamper Luiz's development. He was impressive yesterday, and the three players at fault for Dempsey's goal were Cech, Terry and A. Cole. Can't understand why people think Luiz should've been ahead of Dempsey. Two players marking one guy?
    Cahill is not as good as luiz, would not hamper luiz's development because cahill will be on the bench unless he improves, was poor against newcastle yesterday.
    Krasic is good enough for juve, he just isn't playing enough due to the new system, plus juve are joint first in serie A.
    If we buy someone with a high profile and good potential, we're looking at 30 million for one player. We did that with luiz and torres and that hasn't panned out well. We should have got neymar last season but we didn't and now we're not good enough to get him since barca and madrid want him now. Hazard looks madrid bound if barca get neymar and hazard wants to stay for this season and madrid will pay more for him than we would. Gotze won't leave dortmund yet.

It's easy saying these names but it's unlikely that we're getting them. Terry wasn't at fault for dempseys goal, it was cech, cole and meireles, meireles just let the ball leap past him when ruiz crossed it, didn't make a convincing attempt to get the ball.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't good enough, however, if you look at our fixtures throughout January, we should be winning all of them.

Ashley Cole was solid against Tottenham, unfortunately he was destroyed by Ruiz for Fulhams goal.

ReputationRep:
    Bertrand Traore has been called up from your Academy to the ACoN to represent Burkina Faso - he's only 16!

Let's face it though, they probably need all the help they can get.

ReputationRep:
    Very true - there's a boy from the Arsenal Academy who was asked to represent Rwanda recently. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ree-Cahill-fee

Well we've more or less signed Gary Cahill.

Edit: Hearing we're after a couple more signings after signing Cahill and they are Van Der Wiel, Moutinho and Hulk with Hulk's agent claiming he wants to work with AVB again and "Hulk at Chelsea? Anything is possible"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ree-Cahill-fee

Well we've more or less signed Gary Cahill.

Edit: Hearing we're after a couple more signings after signing Cahill and they are Van Der Wiel, Moutinho and Hulk with Hulk's agent claiming he wants to work with AVB again and "Hulk at Chelsea? Anything is possible"
    They're idiots for not selling him in the summer. Probably would've got around £10mil+ in the summer but they decided to hold out for £17mil was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    They're idiots for not selling him in the summer. Probably would've got around £10mil+ in the summer but they decided to hold out for £17mil was it?
    They are, yeah they wanted £17 million for him, I think it got to 18-19 at one point, but that's Bolton. They probably thought they'd do well this season and get him to sign a new deal but, cheap, solid signing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    They are, yeah they wanted £17 million for him, I think it got to 18-19 at one point, but that's Bolton. They probably thought they'd do well this season and get him to sign a new deal but, cheap, solid signing.
    Seems like a good replacement for Alex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Seems like a good replacement for Alex.
    One which I'm pretty happy with, Alex was good with his power and height but I always scared cause of his lack of pace with JT or Ivanovic. At least Cahill is a bit quick and therefore gives us 2 pacy defenders in Luiz and Cahill and there's no environmental adjustment for him, he's just moving down south lol. Let's see who else we buy in the striking or midfield department.

ReputationRep:
    Why does the media bash on Luiz?

He is actually a really talented defender (and attacker )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Why does the media bash on Luiz?

He is actually a really talented defender (and attacker )
    He's the future of defenders around the world, a new type where they're all over the pitch! :P. It's okay, he'll score hat trick sometime soon and keep a clean sheet with a goal line clearance. I'm telling you :P

ReputationRep:
    £5m for Cahill is a great bargain buy. I reckon we'll definitely get a big name signing too though.

ReputationRep:
    KTBFFH! Blue forever.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.