Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    We haven't scored a single one, with lampard, mata and drogba, we haven't scored a single free kick. But I think AVB can lead the team to something, we're still in the champions league. I think we should focus on that, because that's the only thing we have a remote chance of winning.
    We have a bad draw too which worries me, Napoli are deadly on the counter and if the defence plays the way they did today I can see us crashing out within the first leg.

ReputationRep:
    I for one don't feel sorry for Torres at all. In fact, he's probably already back in his millionaire mansion banging his trophy wife right now. AVB is screwed.

ReputationRep:
    for those who were wondering. Chelsea expecting to spend £150million in january.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary)
    We have a bad draw too which worries me, Napoli are deadly on the counter and if the defence plays the way they did today I can see us crashing out within the first leg.
    Roma beat them by going on the counter, I think we just need a midfield signing to kick out meireles and lampard. We will beat napoli, roma beat them by going on the counter, we can do the same. I think our CL form was good at home, so we just have to keep that up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaFCCC)
    if we cant beat wigan, fulham and aston villa.... how are we possible have a chance of beating barcelona and real madrid?... but yeah i think we should concentrate on champions league. Hopefully chelsea will show some magic.
    If liverpool(steven gerrard) can do it, chelsea can too. We just need one character who can get us there, like ramires or mata, seeing as they're the ones putting the most effort in.

ReputationRep:
    Wrt to AVB, I'm willing to let him carry on for the rest of the season before even starting to consider a change.

So far this season after 19 games, we are 5th in the league. How did we look last season roughly this time? After 20 games, we were 5th in the league. We went on to finish 2nd, with a chance of winning the title until we lost to Man Utd with 2 games to go.

How can we be confident the same happens this season? We can't. But it's not impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    If liverpool(steven gerrard) can do it, chelsea can too. We just need one character who can get us there, like ramires or mata, seeing as they're the ones putting the most effort in.
    that one character supposted to be Fernado Torres.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised, essien's coming back from injury in 2 weeks, that's a start.

ReputationRep:
    Was at the game, man was it dire...not helped by some daft subs by AVB.

Here is too a new year and a new start for Chelsea in 2012!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaFCCC)
    that one character supposted to be Fernado Torres.
    But it isn't him doing it. Look at the champions leagues, last season, messi got barcelona there, the season before it was diego milito, season before that it was messi. Kaka got milan there. That's what we need, a guy who can just make the difference, we have a good team with good players, but no star individual, we're just an all rounder team with no person of extra strength in any of our departments, you would have said defence for the past couple of seasons since mourinho, but now it's not up to it and guess what, we're not winning games.

ReputationRep:
    the one game torres looked up for the rest of his team did not. He can't score if hes having to drop back so much and be the provider its ridiculous. Im not even a Chelsea fan but i feel sorry for him i want him at Barca they can rescue him :P

ReputationRep:
    Spending wont help Chelski, they got a better team than Arsenal/Spurs/United and yet those teams are higher than Chelski. Chelski need to do something internally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistersjmcg)
    LOL? didn't you beat aston villa 7-0 2 seasons ago at the same stadium, much boogie in that result indeed
    Wow...ONE exception.

Statistically, out of the traditional big four, Aston Villa is the team that we've lost most points going against in the premier league since its inception.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/20...as-bogey-teams

The graph in there discounts last year's 3-3 draw at home and today's 1-3 loss.

ReputationRep:
    AVB needs to sort out his midfield, 3 matches in a row he started with a holding midfielder (Romeo) but he keeps subbing him.
    Torres and Drogba can play together, this was just like Scolari 2 seasons back when he couldn't play anelka and drogba, when hiddink came he made them play together and it worked. And from what I see torres plays similar to anelka.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Wrt to AVB, I'm willing to let him carry on for the rest of the season before even starting to consider a change.

So far this season after 19 games, we are 5th in the league. How did we look last season roughly this time? After 20 games, we were 5th in the league. We went on to finish 2nd, with a chance of winning the title until we lost to Man Utd with 2 games to go.

How can we be confident the same happens this season? We can't. But it's not impossible.
    Was saying that before, the problem is, that the points total is looking lower, we're getting 91 points at most if we win the rest of our games, now, take out the top 5 and say we draw to all of them, we now have 81 points. Then add one shock defeat and a loss to a top team, we have 77 points.
    Would have been fine last season because united won it with ease due to everyone else crumbling, liverpool were out of the race right from the start of the season. City were only aiming for top 4 and the weeks they were in front was because they had games in hand, tottenham were the same as city.
    Arsenal had the title if they had just beat birmingham, they crashed.
    Do you see that happening again this season, arsenal crashed but it was nowhere near as bad as liverpools.
    Tottenham have been in the form of their lives, although a **** up is around the corner but it won't be too bad.
    Liverpool have had a good start compared to last season but are just drawing too much.
    City are dominating with united but aren't playing at their best atm.

the top 4 will be between 70-90 points I think this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skaterkid)
    Spending wont help Chelski, they got a better team than Arsenal/Spurs/United and yet those teams are higher than Chelski. Chelski need to do something internally.
    I have said that our team are better, they're not in form, but we're just a good team with no strength in any department. Before we were good in defence, so we got trophies, now we're not good in defence, our midfield isn't as good as it was before and our striker can't score because of our crappy midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    the one game torres looked up for the rest of his team did not. He can't score if hes having to drop back so much and be the provider its ridiculous. Im not even a Chelsea fan but i feel sorry for him i want him at Barca they can rescue him :P
    His style of play wouldn't suit Barcelona; which is why he isn't quite functioning in Spain either...or Chelsea for that matter.

Decent read on why:

http://www.haugstadfootball.net/?p=679

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    I don't wanna see another draw :emo:
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I want to see Torres more. He hardly gets to play now, and we can't expect him to score if he's only playing for such a short amount of time.
    Even if he doesn't score, he's still great, how he moves and assists - the old Torres is still there.
    I want to see Torres Sturridge and Mata together and I bet they would be great after a while.
    And Drogba, he is brilliant, but he can be very lazy, and slow. We need for our players to be faster - you can see how Ramires, Mata and Sturridge are helping with this problem.

And I actually think Luiz should be more of a midfielder, he could even score a lot, I don't think him being a defender is right, even though he's pretty good at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    :awesome:
    :sigh:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.