Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    :sigh:
    Sorry. Just saw your post and laughed.

Know the feeling, I support Celtic after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Sorry. Just saw your post and laughed.

Know the feeling, I support Celtic after all.
    You beat rangers last week so :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    Sacking AVB would just mean that everything that has happened in the past 6 months would have been all for nothing.

The players are the problem, we're being held back by the likes of Drogba, Malouda, Mikel. Yeah, sure Drogba had a great game against Valencia, but that was the only game this season he has played well in. We're paying him £120,000 a week for **** all.

We need three players this transfer window if we're gonna have any hope. A new CB, a new ST, and a new playmaker. I dunno if AVB has anything against Torres, but if he does he just needs to suck it up and play him, such a waste of talent on the bench compared to slow, lumbering, don't give a **** Drogba.

Abramovich just needs to say to AVB, and the players - Sort it out, or else.

ReputationRep:
    We cannot for the life of us defend a lead. How many times is that now when we've scored first and failed to take 3 points?

ReputationRep:
    Luiz had a great game again today following his game against Fulham, it was more of a problem with our forward line, midfield and Paulo. Paulo shouldnt be started at right back in the premier league anymore, unless injuries force the manager to do so he should only be a bench warmer. Ramires had a poor game today though he has previously been our best midfielder he couldnt muster the same energy for today's game. Our front link never really linked up. Really poor first half again, before the penalty it didnt look like we were gonna score. Sturrdige was really ineffective and had one or two chances but didnt fully commit himself to winning the ball and it passed him by. Mata was better but not by much, he didnt link up too much with Drogba, and only in the second half really did Drogba make his presence known and worked the defenders.

Its difficult to say whats going wrong because barring right back, we played our best team today. Yet we still got beat 3-1 at home by an out of form team and we cant really complain. To the people ****ging off Drogba, has Torres done anything at all to warrant a place in the team above Drogba since his arrival? No. On the basis of form Drogba is the better option. Torres did look sharp when he was brought on and almost scored a beauty with his first touch. Wolves is a must win game.

I can't remember ever being this disillusioned with Chelsea. I can't remember ever being this out of love with the game of football.

It's quite clearly not just the players that are the problem. Preposterous hypothesis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    I can't remember ever being this disillusioned with Chelsea. I can't remember ever being this out of love with the game of football.

It's quite clearly not just the players that are the problem. Preposterous hypothesis.
    It is the only reasonable inference after having sacked so many of our managers for 'not performing'

Our spine is old, and no longer driven by the desire to win. It is poisoning the rest of the team. The sooner they're replaced, the better. I honestly believe our youngsters would perform better than Cech, lamps, terry, mikel, malouda, kalou and Drogba. If they were paid based on performance, I'm sure they'd have the incentive they need to win.

Ffs.

(Original post by Yawn-er)
    It is the only reasonable inference after having sacked so many of our managers for 'not performing'

Our spine is old, and no longer driven by the desire to win. It is poisoning the rest of the team. The sooner they're replaced, the better. I honestly believe our youngsters would perform better than Cech, lamps, terry, mikel, malouda, kalou and Drogba. If they were paid based on performance, I'm sure they'd have the incentive they need to win.

Ffs.
    Yes but our previous managers were not this bad. Even Scolari was only guilty of losing the big games and failing to win a couple of away matches, he didn't turn Stamford Bridge into Three Point Lane for any visiting team. I think AVB has taken the spirit of giving too literally. And started giving too early. Too generous. ****ing Portuguese.

ReputationRep:
    So, where to begin regarding yesterday's game? I haven't seen the game or Match of the Day, but my god - it never would have happened in previous years. We have huge problems.

ReputationRep:
    we played our best team (bar paulo) and yet it we got beaten. it could only mean that we were either lazy or tactics are wrong. i go for the latter. for most of the game, all we did was crossing the ball into the box, expecting someone to head it. we failed to actually be more direct and do through passes. i was confused as to how sturridge got replaced by torres. since when torres plays as a wingman?he should have rather gone for mata upfront supporting two strikers, like torres and sturridge. i think we need to change tactics. we dont have the team for 2 wingmen, as we dont have a creative midfield. need a diamond formation. i m just astonished by avbs substitutions and tactics. clearly the guy doesnt seem to know what he is doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    Luiz had a great game again today following his game against Fulham, it was more of a problem with our forward line, midfield and Paulo. Paulo shouldnt be started at right back in the premier league anymore, unless injuries force the manager to do so he should only be a bench warmer. Ramires had a poor game today though he has previously been our best midfielder he couldnt muster the same energy for today's game. Our front link never really linked up. Really poor first half again, before the penalty it didnt look like we were gonna score. Sturrdige was really ineffective and had one or two chances but didnt fully commit himself to winning the ball and it passed him by. Mata was better but not by much, he didnt link up too much with Drogba, and only in the second half really did Drogba make his presence known and worked the defenders.

Its difficult to say whats going wrong because barring right back, we played our best team today. Yet we still got beat 3-1 at home by an out of form team and we cant really complain. To the people ****ging off Drogba, has Torres done anything at all to warrant a place in the team above Drogba since his arrival? No. On the basis of form Drogba is the better option. Torres did look sharp when he was brought on and almost scored a beauty with his first touch. Wolves is a must win game.
    Drogba isn't the better option, he's hardly scored a thing and if you see how he's actually been playing, bar valencia he has done NOTHING!! He scored a goal against newcastle, but he was a lazy **** during the game and wasn't bothered at all, it wasn't until we brought torres on that we sealed the game and he would have scored the chance he had against newcastle if he had a bit of confidence but now he decides to pass instead of shoot, like rooney a year ago.

ReputationRep:
    For the love of God can we stop thinking about firing managers the second something goes wrong, he won the treble with porto, he's had a bad start at chelsea, but so did ferguson at united. AVB can sort this out and he probably knows were the faults are in the team, it's mainly the substitutions and the team spirit that's lacking, but this happened to arsenal a few months back. The draws and us realising that the title is unlikely to come our way this season is what's affecting the players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Drogba isn't the better option, he's hardly scored a thing and if you see how he's actually been playing, bar valencia he has done NOTHING!! He scored a goal against newcastle, but he was a lazy **** during the game and wasn't bothered at all, it wasn't until we brought torres on that we sealed the game and he would have scored the chance he had against newcastle if he had a bit of confidence but now he decides to pass instead of shoot, like rooney a year ago.
    Torres actually has done nothing though. Although its fair to say if he did have confidence he would play better, he doesnt have the confidence and since that Swansea game when he got himself sent off, he's played pretty poor and even a half-arsed Drogba has been a better option. When we need a goal or a performance from our striker, I gotta put all my money on Drogba because time and time again Torres hasnt been able to perform. He'll get the chance now Drogba's off to Africa, hopefully he'll pick up some form and earn his place in the side.

ReputationRep:
    Torres actually tries hard, you can see him running after everything.

Drogba just trots around until the ball is passed directly to him.

ReputationRep:
    Drogba is just too lazy now. There are moments when he can be brilliant, but there's not enough of that and he's slowing us down.

Torres has always been one of my favourite players, but he's just so unlucky at Chelsea. AVB needs to let him play more, he was getting more confident but then AVB stopped playing him. But everytime Torres plays, you can see he tries so hard, he's fast with the ball, just unlucky with scoring...

ReputationRep:
    I heard Anelka's new club is now targeting Terry? have you heard anything about it ?

And I'm amazed by some poeple who actually think torres would do better than Drogba.. Torres hitted the post!! wow! He is still a good footballer though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    Torres actually has done nothing though. Although its fair to say if he did have confidence he would play better, he doesnt have the confidence and since that Swansea game when he got himself sent off, he's played pretty poor and even a half-arsed Drogba has been a better option. When we need a goal or a performance from our striker, I gotta put all my money on Drogba because time and time again Torres hasnt been able to perform. He'll get the chance now Drogba's off to Africa, hopefully he'll pick up some form and earn his place in the side.
    Drogba has scored in 3 games, newcastle, swansea and valencia and had a good second half vs city where he just had to be a lazy **** and waste time. Drogba was poor in the newcastle game, torres set up the last two goals with his pace, unluckily he had no confidence and was facing an in form tim krul so he wasn't able to score but he got an assist at least. Torres has scored more this season, a brace vs genk, was unlucky against valencia due to the theatrics of diego alves, a class goal vs united bar the miss, a goal vs swansea and i'm sure he scored another goal somewhere, then he gets dropped after the arsenal game, it wasn't his fault he never got the ball that game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinouche13)
    I heard Anelka's new club is now targeting Terry? have you heard anything about it ?

And I'm amazed by some poeple who actually think torres would do better than Drogba.. Torres hitted the post!! wow! He is still a good footballer though.
    Last year, I wanted drogba to play because torres wasn't scoring and we needed goals, drogba didn't score much but he offered something instead of the sitters torres missed and his poor touches. This season however, when the ball is passed to him, he can't even do his job properly, have his back to goal and pass it to someone behind him so he can get in a more advanced position. When drogba lays off the ball, it usually gets to the opposition now. That's what I watch every match, also, I think lukaku needs a chance during ACON. He's going to be a daniel sturridge, we never play him, but he goes on loan and gives his side valuable goals that we could have used to get top spot.

ReputationRep:
    drogba scored 3 goals (1 is a penalty) in the last 15 premier league appearances. says it all...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Cheers for the easy three points :ninja:, jokes aside how many of you blame AVB, surely you should also be pointing the finger at Abramovich.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.