Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Petr cech!!!

ReputationRep:
    hallelujah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Supporting Chelsea is just far too stressful currently. But delighted, now, please, for the love of all that is holy, don't concede!
    Mate, we've been doing this since 03' :P

Petr Cech you beauty what a save! 3 points well done! Torres with a brilliant pass to set it up!

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

Came close...

Impressed with Bosingwa actually today.

ReputationRep:
    So who said start drogba over torres? :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Its so funny, you know AVB would love Lampard to be crap so he can justify asking for money to replace him with someone younger, but he just keeps on popping up with the goods time after time.
    soz m8, meant to rep up. misclick xD

Tbh i thought the celebration of the first goal was really weird...

Lamps did go close to that end of the pitch when he scored xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Mate, we've been doing this since 03' :P

Petr Cech you beauty what a save! 3 points well done! Torres with a brilliant pass to set it up!
    I know, and it's probably taken a few years off my life due to stress...

But at least we have a win, even if we are still requiring a lot of improvement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    So who said start drogba over torres? :smug:
    1 good pass justifies torres starting over drogba?

Coz he didnt do much else..

ReputationRep:
    Torres is a playmaker suddenly..

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh. He shouldn't have been on the pitch! You guys must feel relieved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Its so funny, you know AVB would love Lampard to be crap so he can justify asking for money to replace him with someone younger, but he just keeps on popping up with the goods time after time.
    Lampard is a great player. He does it all the time. I don't think villas boas would try and replace him yet.

ReputationRep:
    CAMOOOOOOOON GET INNNN!!!!!!!!! Cech amazing stop!!!

ReputationRep:
    Good lay off by Torres and a brilliant cross by Cole met by Lampard. Torres still a shadow of his former self though and never really threatened in front of goal.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously unhealthy supporting Chelsea these days.

Torres had a fine game. Just missing that cutting edge though. He was furious with Ramires at the end there for not passing the ball through, which is a good sign.

Ramires and Mata must be our best signings in recent times...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    1 good pass justifies torres starting over drogba?

Coz he didnt do much else..
    Did you watch the second half, him, mata and ramires were top class. Torres did a lot in that game. He got in good positions and set up people in good positions, wasn't just the pass, drogba would have slowed down the play and wouldn't try to get past players, when drogba passes it goes to the opposition. Torres is getting his touch back, may not still be as good as it was before, but it's getting there.

I know this is one match, but i've been saying this for the past month. He also puts in a hell of a lot of effort for a striker. Drogba looks lethargic when he plays.

ReputationRep:
    We need to finish teams off early we throw away too many chances. I think that's my main concern, it's too risky leaving it at 1-0 till the last 15 minutes of the game where we always concede a goal. Torres was good if that was Drogba on the pitch you wouldn't have noticed him in the second half.

ReputationRep:
    Did you watch the second half, him, mata and ramires were top class. Torres did a lot in that game. He got in good positions and set up people in good positions, wasn't just the pass, drogba would have slowed down the play and wouldn't try to get past players, when drogba passes it goes to the opposition. Torres is getting his touch back, may not still be as good as it was before, but it's getting there.

I know this is one match, but i've been saying this for the past month. He also puts in a hell of a lot of effort for a striker. Drogba looks lethargic when he plays.
    I know, and I have rarely accused Torres for a lack of effort, and have always favoured starting him over Drogba - but the simple fact remains that Torres is meant to be primarily a goalscorer and his record, regardless of what else he brings, hasn't been good enough by anyone's standards. He's playing reasonably well, but people will still mention Drogba's name until he can be scoring regularly.

ReputationRep:

Dont get me wrong im not saying Drogba is playing well cause he isnt, but as the guy above me says strikers are mostly judged by how much they score, not how much they could have potentially scored. At the moment, our only "striker" who is worth having on the pitch is stturidge, and hes playing on the wing . Between them , Drogba and torres have 5 goals.

TOP SCORERS
    Daniel Sturridge 9
    Frank Lampard 8
    John Terry 4

ReputationRep:
    Good result, but still not the performance we're looking for. Torres looked sharp though, just lacking that lethal finish.

Need to improve a lot if we want to clear Napoli in February.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but Lampard should have been sent off. That was worse than the one we had against Arsenal last week and we've been deprived of a CM for 3 games whereas Lampard escapes with a booking. By all accounts you deserved the win, any defender who passes the ball out of defense to an opposing player in their own half deserves to have his nads taken off let alone concede but to have Lampard score the winner is a kick in the teeth. These referees seem to get worse every week.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.