Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Back in the top 4, where we belong! Thanks Fulham.

ReputationRep:
    Thing about Torres today was he was good but he lacked the finishing and really service. He was the provider and really thats not what he should be. But atleast he looked much quicker and sharp but he does need some killer through balls or something to give him that half chance.

ReputationRep:
    Ramires's turn of pace to beat Berra...:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    Dont get me wrong im not saying Drogba is playing well cause he isnt, but as the guy above me says strikers are mostly judged by how much they score, not how much they could have potentially scored. At the moment, our only "striker" who is worth having on the pitch is stturidge, and hes playing on the wing . Between them , Drogba and torres have 5 goals.

TOP SCORERS
    Daniel Sturridge 9
    Frank Lampard 8
    John Terry 4
    Simple as, sturridge is playing well on the wing so lets leave him there. Drogba isn't playing well and hasn't scored much and is not putting the effort in, torres has the same problem but he's trying hard to get goals and work for the team, who would you rather have?
    We might as well buy taarabt if you're suggest that having a sulker who has talent but isn't playing well is better than someone who has talent, isn't playing well but is trying.
    We can try lukaku for a game if we need to change strikers because he hasn't had a fair chance but torres should start over drogba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK)
    Sorry but Lampard should have been sent off. That was worse than the one we had against Arsenal last week and we've been deprived of a CM for 3 games whereas Lampard escapes with a booking. By all accounts you deserved the win, any defender who passes the ball out of defense to an opposing player in their own half deserves to have his nads taken off let alone concede but to have Lampard score the winner is a kick in the teeth. These referees seem to get worse every week.
    Think arsenal will feel worse done by today. Should have got a penalty and sealed the game up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Good result, but still not the performance we're looking for. Torres looked sharp though, just lacking that lethal finish.

Need to improve a lot if we want to clear Napoli in February.
    Yep, but napoli are probably thinking the same thing. We'll be in the quarter finals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Ramires's turn of pace to beat Berra...:coma:
    I think AVB's tactics were actually good today, using ramires on the wing worked pretty well, looks just as effective there too. Maybe we don't need a winger and we just need a midfielder.

Very unlikely as he loves madrid even though he never plays, but would love someone like granero to come to chelsea. Young, can play centre mid and on the wings and would be cheap as madrid love selling top class players/youth players for peanuts when they're not being played. At least when barca do it they put in those buy back clauses. They're just like man city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yep, but napoli are probably thinking the same thing. We'll be in the quarter finals.
    Napoli is going to **** all over your defence.

ReputationRep:
    I think AVB's tactics were actually good today, using ramires on the wing worked pretty well, looks just as effective there too. Maybe we don't need a winger and we just need a midfielder.

Very unlikely as he loves madrid even though he never plays, but would love someone like granero to come to chelsea. Young, can play centre mid and on the wings and would be cheap as madrid love selling top class players/youth players for peanuts when they're not being played. At least when barca do it they put in those buy back clauses. They're just like man city.
    I didn't see the game, but I do think that he's been improving tactically recently, especially in the Valencia and Manchester City games. I hope that it continues; he appears to have realised that he's going to require evolution, not revolution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    Napoli is going to **** all over your defence.
    Just like city was going to **** all over our defence. Just like valencia, just like newcastle. I'll say this right now, if napoli beat chelsea, they will be in the final of the champions league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I didn't see the game, but I do think that he's been improving tactically recently, especially in the Valencia and Manchester City games. I hope that it continues; he appears to have realised that he's going to require evolution, not revolution.
    I think he just works well under serious pressure, we desperately needed the city, newcastle, fulham and valencia wins, so we got them. We deserved the victory today I think, their goal was poor defending by bosingwa, but in the game chelsea played very well.

Now we just need to kill off teams like we did around 2010.

ReputationRep:
    Just like city was going to **** all over our defence. Just like valencia, just like newcastle. I'll say this right now, if napoli beat chelsea, they will be in the final of the champions league.
    Except the difference is Napoli's attack is better than all those teams (Slightly better than City's)

and lol you seriously think Chelsea will get to the final?

ReputationRep:
    Except the difference is Napoli's attack is better than all those teams (Slightly better than City's)

and lol you seriously think Chelsea will get to the final?
    Oh ok, so hamsik, cavani, pandev and lavezzi are better than.
    aguero, balotelli, dzeko, silva, nasri. I didn't include johnson and milner because they're not at their level.
    You're not serious right? You're having a laugh.
    Also, with valencia, their lone striker soldado is better than all the strikers I have named up there besides aguero and maybe balotelli atm.
    I said, that if napoli can wipe the floor off chelsea, they will get to the final, not that chelsea will get to the final.
    Have you seen chelsea's record, whoever beats chelsea since monaco beat us ends up in the final of the champions league, that isn't a coincidence for 7 seasons in a row, even with our team as bad as it was last year, it still takes a good team to beat us in the CL.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok, so hamsik, cavani, pandev and lavezzi are better than.
    aguero, balotelli, dzeko, silva, nasri. I didn't include johnson and milner because they're not at their level.
    You're not serious right? You're having a laugh.
    Also, with valencia, their lone striker soldado is better than all the strikers I have named up there besides aguero and maybe balotelli atm.
    I said, that if napoli can wipe the floor off chelsea, they will get to the final, not that chelsea will get to the final.
    Have you seen chelsea's record, whoever beats chelsea since monaco beat us ends up in the final of the champions league, that isn't a coincidence for 7 seasons in a row, even with our team as bad as it was last year, it still takes a good team to beat us in the CL.
    In europe? Yes.

No soldado is not better than the three of these combined.
    To be honest I think a fair number of teams could wipe the floor with Chelsea... Barca, Madrid, Bayern, AC Milan, Napoli. Not to mention Chelsea are worse than they were this year and all those teams I mentioned above have improved in some way.

I guess we shall have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea are just inconsistent this season, we need to string some good results together to get Top 4 and challenge for CL.

ReputationRep:
    In europe? Yes.

No soldado is not better than the three of these combined.
    To be honest I think a fair number of teams could wipe the floor with Chelsea... Barca, Madrid, Bayern, AC Milan, Napoli. Not to mention Chelsea are worse than they were this year and all those teams I mentioned above have improved in some way.

I guess we shall have to wait and see.
    Soldado isn't better than the three combined, but that's the same as saying messi isn't better than having sturridge and mata on the team together, messi is better than them individually, but i'll rather have sturridge and mata than just have messi because they're two players at a very high level.

Anyway, yeah, people were saying newcastle would beat chelsea, same for valencia, same for city.
    Chelsea would beat napoli, bayern and AC because this happens a lot, chelsea have a poor first half to the season and we come back strongly, happened last season, happened 3 seasons ago with hiddink but yet people will still write chelsea off.

I think the game has to do the talking though. probably even beat barca and madrid if we had a good game, it's annoying when people say, they'll wipe the floor with chelsea, people said barca would wipe us off the floor in 09, we gave them a good game. We may look weaker now, but I think we've gone stronger than last season with sturridge and mata there, ramires has stepped up too because he was crap until feb last year. Essien to come back, a defender to come in and maybe a winger too if kalou/malouda leaves, chelsea will be a stronger team this second half of the season.

Only teams we have actually been battered by in the CL have been united, monaco(because of stupid tactics) and inter. Like the guy on top of me has said, chelsea have been inconsistant this season. I like how united and city get an easy ride, they can beat those teams, yet they can't even get out of their CL group. No wonder AVB and torres complain about the media. They were asking wenger if he was going to be involved in a relegation battle.

ReputationRep:
    Soldado isn't better than the three combined, but that's the same as saying messi isn't better than having sturridge and mata on the team together, messi is better than them individually, but i'll rather have sturridge and mata than just have messi because they're two players at a very high level.

Anyway, yeah, people were saying newcastle would beat chelsea, same for valencia, same for city.
    Chelsea would beat napoli, bayern and AC because this happens a lot, chelsea have a poor first half to the season and we come back strongly, happened last season, happened 3 seasons ago with hiddink but yet people will still write chelsea off.

I think the game has to do the talking though. probably even beat barca and madrid if we had a good game, it's annoying when people say, they'll wipe the floor with chelsea, people said barca would wipe us off the floor in 09, we gave them a good game. We may look weaker now, but I think we've gone stronger than last season with sturridge and mata there, ramires has stepped up too because he was crap until feb last year. Essien to come back, a defender to come in and maybe a winger too if kalou/malouda leaves, chelsea will be a stronger team this second half of the season.

Only teams we have actually been battered by in the CL have been united, monaco(because of stupid tactics) and inter. Like the guy on top of me has said, chelsea have been inconsistant this season. I like how united and city get an easy ride, they can beat those teams, yet they can't even get out of their CL group. No wonder AVB and torres complain about the media. They were asking wenger if he was going to be involved in a relegation battle.

Not even going to bother with the rest of your post, seeing as you're incredibly blinkered.

ReputationRep:
    I think he just works well under serious pressure, we desperately needed the city, newcastle, fulham and valencia wins, so we got them. We deserved the victory today I think, their goal was poor defending by bosingwa, but in the game chelsea played very well.

Now we just need to kill off teams like we did around 2010.
    Perhaps, but, as you say, we still need to finish off teams like Wigan, Fulham and even Tottenham when we were in the ascendancy. He's made some odd substitutions in those games - but hopefully with experience he shall take the club forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

Not even going to bother with the rest of your post, seeing as you're incredibly blinkered.
    It's simple, would you just have messi, with malouda and kalou providing for him? Because I wouldn't. Plus, messi is one player, mata and sturridge are two, would you have ten men on the pitch with messi as part of the 10 men, or 11 men on the pitch with mata and sturridge? That's basically what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    If we had beat Fulham, Wigan and Villa, we'd be tied 1st place with City and Utd.

That stat really bums me out.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.