Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Reports coming out today that we're in for a new right back in the form of the Marseille defender Cezar Azpilicueta for £12 million, anyone know how he plays, seeing as he's 2-3rd choice at OM. This is because Van der Wiel is wanting the Valencia move so he's second choice in terms of the RB's we wanted.

And Josh McEachran has to choose between Villa and Swansea to go on loan too. In some ways, I'd rather he picked Villa seeing as they're struggling so he'd actually get in the first team but I like the way Brendan Rodgers is shaping Swansea and he'll take them places and I'd think he'd learn a lot but problem is that they have about 7 players fighting for a CM spot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...k-Lampard.html

Hmm. What do you think of this development? I know its the sun, but it sounds pretty believable. Tbh, people may say frank has average performances but hes the second best scorer, that should speak for itself.
    I've always favoured frank to meireles tbh.
    Also, frank lampard said he supports AVB fully to sky sports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Cech now wants to sign a new contract. I suppose we'll need him for another season or two, but I do have high hopes for Courtois and perhaps Delac...
    Courtois and delac would be good, we'll finally have two goalkeepers that are good, not one good goalkeeper and 3 ****heads. I don't think delac has a work permit for us though. I can see us selling him but I really want him to stay, I was surprised we bought courtois in the first place, thought we were gonna dry up cech then push delac in or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    If anyone's going to get a statue it's gotta be Terry, he defines Chelsea.
    True, Terry does deserve it, plus he's been playing with us since he was 16, it's only fair tbh. Though Lampard and drogba would both be a close second.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...k-Lampard.html
    This has got to be the funniest story I have ever heard. I wanna know what the reporter was taking when he wrote this article.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Reports coming out today that we're in for a new right back in the form of the Marseille defender Cezar Azpilicueta for £12 million, anyone know how he plays, seeing as he's 2-3rd choice at OM. This is because Van der Wiel is wanting the Valencia move so he's second choice in terms of the RB's we wanted.

And Josh McEachran has to choose between Villa and Swansea to go on loan too. In some ways, I'd rather he picked Villa seeing as they're struggling so he'd actually get in the first team but I like the way Brendan Rodgers is shaping Swansea and he'll take them places and I'd think he'd learn a lot but problem is that they have about 7 players fighting for a CM spot.
    Villa have delph, bannan and by their performance against us at the bridge, ireland too, i'm sure i've missed a couple out.
    Swansea would be better, a very attacking style of play that would fit mceachran and I think mceachran could probably get into the first team. If mceachran can't get into the first team in a mid table/relegation battle side, then he's not really ready for us to put in our squad next season. I think he needs a premier league loan, but besides sturridge, the rest have been pretty unsuccessful. Even though borini did great for the swans we sold him.

Now, why did we sell borini again? It took the piss when we didn't have a manager and the board were selling our youth to arnesen like mugs. Rubin kazan want gokhan tore already and he's only played half a season. Had we just loaned him and borini off to swansea for a season, we would have a quality player. Can see him doing what giuseppe rossi did to man united. At least we saw sense with bruma.

ReputationRep:
    "Krasic's agent Dejan Joksimovic told calciomercato.com: "In the next few days Milos will talk with [Juventus director, Giuseppe] Marotta to understand what the club plans for him - offer him another chance, sell him or loan him out.
    "There are clubs interested him in - like Chelsea, Inter Milan and now Tottenham and Fenerbahce."

Edit: http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-deal-is-close

ReputationRep:
    It looks like Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Lampard, Alex, and Bosingwa are all surplus to AVB's requirements and will be replaced this month or in the summer. You have to admire his courage, that is essentially the team that won the double two years ago.

It's also a positive step from the board and owner to let the manager shape his own team.

ReputationRep:
    Despite all these rumours about Lampard flying about, he is still a very useful player, I'd be very surprised if he left in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banishingboredom)
    It looks like Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Lampard, Alex, and Bosingwa are all surplus to AVB's requirements and will be replaced this month or in the summer. You have to admire his courage, that is essentially the team that won the double two years ago.

It's also a positive step from the board and owner to let the manager shape his own team.
    I think it's true for all of them besides drogba and lampard. Kalou doesn't really play anymore, but lampard still gets games. He'll retire at chelsea and drogba probably won't be getting the contract he wants so he's off I guess but lampard will stay at chelsea, only place I see him heading to is america probably. I think if van der wiel wanted to come to chelsea we would have offloaded bosingwa.

I still don't get why malouda stayed here and zhirkov was offloaded to anzhi.
    Still I do think that it's a good thing replacing all these players, last time we shaped a brand new squad it took us 2 years to win the league though. I remember in 2002-03 when our squad took old to a whole new level and we had no money to buy any players, hasselbaink, zola, desailly were still our main first team players and they were all on the wrong side of 30.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to play a predictions game?

Liverpool Fixtures:
    Wolves (a) | 3
    Spurs (h) | 1
    Man United (a) | 0
    Everton (h) | 3
    Arsenal (h) | 1
    Sunderland (a) | 1

9/18 points. Total of: 43 points.

Chelsea fixtures:

Sunderland (h) | 1
    Norwich (a) | 3
    Swansea (a) | 1
    Man United (h) | 1
    Everton (a) | 1
    Bolton (h) | 3

10/18 points. Total: 47 points.

Arsenal fixtures:
    Swansea (a) | 1
    Man United (h) | 0
    Bolton (a) | 3
    Blackburn (h) | 3
    Sunderland (a) | 1
    Spurs (h) | 1

9/18 points. Total: 45 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    Anyone want to play a predictions game?

Liverpool Fixtures:
    Wolves (a) | 3
    Spurs (h) | 1
    Man United (a) | 0
    Everton (h) | 3
    Arsenal (h) | 1
    Sunderland (a) | 1

Chelsea fixtures:

Sunderland (h) | 1
    Norwich (a) | 3
    Swansea (a) | 1
    Man United (h) | 1
    Everton (a) | 1
    Bolton (h) | 3

10/18 points. Total: 47 points.

Arsenal fixtures:
    Swansea (a) | 1
    Man United (h) | 0
    Bolton (a) | 3
    Blackburn (h) | 3
    Sunderland (a) | 1
    Spurs (h) | 1

9/18 points. Total: 45 points.

Liverpool Fixtures:
    Wolves (a) | 1
    Spurs (h) | 3
    Man United (a) | 1
    Everton (h) | 3
    Arsenal (h) | 0
    Sunderland (a) | 1

Chelsea fixtures:

Sunderland (h) | 3
    Norwich (a) | 3
    Swansea (a) | 1
    Man United (h) | 3
    Everton (a) | 3
    Bolton (h) | 3

16/18 points. Total: 53 points. (reason why, until that recent slump in form, we barely drew our games, don't see us drawing too many more this season, last season we went on a ridiculous unbeaten run, see the same thing happening again)

Arsenal fixtures:
    Swansea (a) | 3
    Man United (h) | 1
    Bolton (a) | 3
    Blackburn (h) | 1
    Sunderland (a) | 3
    Spurs (h) | 1(highscoring game 3-3 most likely)

12/18 points. Total: 48 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Liverpool Fixtures:
    Wolves (a) | 1
    Spurs (h) | 3
    Man United (a) | 1
    Everton (h) | 3
    Arsenal (h) | 0
    Sunderland (a) | 1

Chelsea fixtures:

Sunderland (h) | 3
    Norwich (a) | 3
    Swansea (a) | 1
    Man United (h) | 3
    Everton (a) | 3
    Bolton (h) | 3

16/18 points. Total: 53 points. (reason why, until that recent slump in form, we barely drew our games, don't see us drawing too many more this season, last season we went on a ridiculous unbeaten run, see the same thing happening again)

Arsenal fixtures:
    Swansea (a) | 3
    Man United (h) | 1
    Bolton (a) | 3
    Blackburn (h) | 1
    Sunderland (a) | 3
    Spurs (h) | 1(highscoring game 3-3 most likely)

12/18 points. Total: 48 points.
    Arsenal have drawn fewer games than yourselves this season - I expect Arsenal will take 14 or 16 from those 18 points.

ReputationRep:
    I feel we must win today at home. The FA Cup we can win and may be the only trophy we can win this season with the PL and CL looking unlikely and already out of league cup. We should play a strong team.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/886700-...#ixzz1inSTjmAq

Apparently Hamsik is interested in a switch to Chelsea, wouldn't mind that at all.

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku and Torres should play upfront together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Lukaku and Torres should play upfront together.
    Wouldn't happen under AVBs formation. I expect Lukaku to get some games during the ACON though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Wouldn't happen under AVBs formation. I expect Lukaku to get some games during the ACON though.
    He did play that formation in the last League cup game I think, but it failed badly when we played a 4-4-2 Diamond with Lukaku and Torres uptop. Who'll start Lukaku or Torres? I think Lukaku will get a game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    He did play that formation in the last League cup game I think, but it failed badly when we played a 4-4-2 Diamond with Lukaku and Torres uptop. Who'll start Lukaku or Torres? I think Lukaku will get a game.
    Ah yeah against Liverpool he did. We did get thrashed though lol. Yeah I think he should start. Personally for this game I'd want to see them both play up front, have two supporting wingers or wide midfielders, and two in the middle. Sort of like Man Utd formation, we're playing Portsmouth at home so we have the opportunity to experiment :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Lukaku was put on the right wing once in a 4-3-3 after coming on as a sub. Failed miserably :facepalm2:

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.