Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Ah yeah against Liverpool he did. We did get thrashed though lol. Yeah I think he should start. Personally for this game I'd want to see them both play up front, have two supporting wingers or wide midfielders, and two in the middle. Sort of like Man Utd formation, we're playing Portsmouth at home so we have the opportunity to experiment :dontknow:
    Almost like a 4-2-4 or something. Wouldn't mind trying that, if somehow Lukaku can get Torres to work then im all for it lol. Hope McEachran, Bertrand and maybe even Hutch get a game today!

(Original post by UnWise)
    Lukaku was put on the right wing once in a 4-3-3 after coming on as a sub. Failed miserably :facepalm2:
    Yeah but you can't fault Lukaku's enthusiasm lol. Anyway I hope he scores today just so he gets his confidence up for the games to come in Jan, we're really gonna need him!

ReputationRep:
    Well this is fun.

Chelsea will line-up in the following 4-3-3 formation:
    1 Petr Cech
    17 Jose Bosingwa
    4 David Luiz
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    7 Ramires
    16 Raul Meireles
    8 Frank Lampard
    10 Juan Mata
    9 Fernando Torres
    15 Florent Malouda

Subs: 23 Ross Turnbull, 20 Paulo Ferreira, 27 Sam Hutchinson, 34 Ryan Bertrand, 6 Oriol Romeu, 20 Josh McEachran, 18 Romelu Lukaku.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    He did play that formation in the last League cup game I think, but it failed badly when we played a 4-4-2 Diamond with Lukaku and Torres uptop. Who'll start Lukaku or Torres? I think Lukaku will get a game.
    I think we should start lukaku now, can see him being a daniel sturridge if he goes on loan and we'll think why did we loan him out when we're so short of goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Lukaku was put on the right wing once in a 4-3-3 after coming on as a sub. Failed miserably :facepalm2:
    Think he might train lukaku to become like hulk. Dunno whether lukaku has a good shot on him but the strength is there.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I think the FA cup is ours.

ReputationRep:
    Cant find the game anywhere

ReputationRep:
    Is there a link to this game anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can't find the game D: and I watch it on Al Jazeera where they show games that don't have TV coverage!

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard, the game isn't being shown anywhere so no steam

ReputationRep:
    Can't find it either. They're showing Peterborough vs Sunderland instead on ITV :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Can't find it either. They're showing Peterborough vs Sunderland instead on ITV :facepalm2:
    Infuriating...not that, by the sounds of it, we're missing much...

ReputationRep:
    My channels show whatever ITV shows then, so I was waiting for them to show Chelsea after the City-United but no, they're showing Sunderland...

ReputationRep:
    How are we not in front yet? They've been in administration and probably are going into it again.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard on the radio, it's not been anything impressive..

ReputationRep:
    I'd forgotten how much we get slated on radio... tbf though, they're only saying what we've been ranting about for a while. Wingers needed + Mata in the middle to speed things up.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console...adio_five_live

Radio link. One of the commentators is really ripping on AVB and despite us playing a first team its apparently been a very lacklustre performance.

ReputationRep:
    1-nill up, Mata! Hope Torres will get one, please let Torres get one.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Mata

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well we will concede, as we normally do at home.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I can think of a more unsuitable defender to the premier league than David Luiz.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.