Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Lavezzi, Hamsik and Cavani will maul our fullbacks, hah. Unless we play Ivanovic at RB. Anyone know when he gets back?

Haven't seen Valbuena play... lots've rumours about someone bidding for Di Maria. Highly doubt we'd get him. Would be delish though.

We'll see how this goes transfer window ends. Don't really expect anything major. Tbh, I think McEachran and Torres would link up well. Beautiful passer. Probably our best one.
    Isn't mceachran going on loan?
    Valbuena. That's a goal he scored in the CL which got marseille through to the knockout round. Dunno how he plays in general though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTN86Jtp-Ak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Madrid won't sell Di Maria, Mourinho loves him.
    No way we're getting Di Maria, also, madrid must get a giant profit if we do buy him for 38 million, seeing as AVB said he isn't overpaying for players, I doubt he'll do a marquee signing like this, although di maria at chelsea :coma: Plus seeing as players like david silva and mata costed under 30 mil, I doubt we'll pay that much for him.

ReputationRep:
    Di Maria would be :coma: However, until it's confirmed on SSN I won't believe a thing. :holmes: :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Di Maria would be :coma: However, until it's confirmed on SSN I won't believe a thing. :holmes: :pierre:
    Plus who would they use there? Callejon? Or will mourinho find another player to buy for cheap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Lavezzi, Hamsik and Cavani will maul our fullbacks, hah. Unless we play Ivanovic at RB. Anyone know when he gets back?

Haven't seen Valbuena play... lots've rumours about someone bidding for Di Maria. Highly doubt we'd get him. Would be delish though.

We'll see how this goes transfer window ends. Don't really expect anything major. Tbh, I think McEachran and Torres would link up well. Beautiful passer. Probably our best one.
    I'm really not looking forward to it, I'd rather play Milan, in fact I'd rather play the majority of the other teams left.

Don't rate Di Maria personally, although I have to admit he's impressing me this season' either way, he isn't leaving Madrid so it's neither here nor there.

McEachran has gone virtually, still too early for him I feel. Couldn't have gone to a better place than Swansea though.

I think we'll get a major signing this window, AVB knows the squad is lacking, if we don't get 2/3 players in, we'll scrape 4th at best.

ReputationRep:
    Napoli are overrated (hear me out here). They are an awesome team on their day, which by the way isn't too often. Then smash teams then get slaughtered the next week, their consistency is shocking.
    Will be a tough game sure, but not as tough as people are saying.. We should get through without too many problems if we stick to our game.

Also wouldn't expect any major signings this window, maybe a few outs such as Alex, Kalou, Malouda which may even wait till the summer. Think we will strengthen the defence (Cahill, Azip the RB) and thats about it for now. Major overhaul in the summer though.

ReputationRep:
    Napoli have the potential to be devastating. Yes, I agree they are inconsistent, but 9/10 in the big games, they will step up to the mark, Man City, home and away, AC Milan 3-1, Inter 3-0. Big performances in big games.

Who's Azip? :lolwut:

I don't expect per se, but it has to be plainly obvious to AVB that the squad is lacking, just hope he does something about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Napoli have the potential to be devastating. Yes, I agree they are inconsistent, but 9/10 in the big games, they will step up to the mark, Man City, home and away, AC Milan 3-1, Inter 3-0. Big performances in big games.

I don't expect per se, but it has to be plainly obvious to AVB that the squad is lacking, just hope he does something about it.
    Azpilicueta, RB at Marseille.

AVB will be given the chance to do a complete overhaul in the summer (thats the plan anyway). Doing it now would be silly so I think he's just doing what he can this season and maybe buying a couple of players in Jan, mainly defenders.
    Obviously I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not looking forward to it, I'd rather play Milan, in fact I'd rather play the majority of the other teams left.

Don't rate Di Maria personally, although I have to admit he's impressing me this season' either way, he isn't leaving Madrid so it's neither here nor there.

McEachran has gone virtually, still too early for him I feel. Couldn't have gone to a better place than Swansea though.

I think we'll get a major signing this window, AVB knows the squad is lacking, if we don't get 2/3 players in, we'll scrape 4th at best.
    We're unlikely to get above 4th, 3rd if we're lucky anyway although i'll reckon that we'll get lucky and end up 3rd with a good run. But I hate to say it, but tottenham are the real deal, if they stay injury free, they could even pose a strong title challenge, if they get long term injuries to their key men (bale and modric) they're not gonna be in top 4 though. Whether we buy players or not this will probably be the case.

AVB said that he'll only buy if the price is right and he's only looking for 1 more player, 7 million for cahill was a good deal, especially since he's an england international, even though I don't actually rate him very highly 7 million for him is still a very good deal. It's better than the 16 mill they were asking in the summer that's for sure.

Also, I don't think we need a marquee signing, that happened last season and we're still in the exact same position as we were last season, neither of our big signings last january have done as well as we expected. I think we just panic bought and splashed the cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JB20)
    Azpilicueta, RB at Marseille.

AVB will be given the chance to do a complete overhaul in the summer (thats the plan anyway). Doing it now would be silly so I think he's just doing what he can this season and maybe buying a couple of players in Jan, mainly defenders.
    Obviously I could be wrong.
    Azpilcueta isn't marseilles first choice right back anymore I heard? I dunno how good he is,(although in FM he had 17 for long throws haha), does this mean we're getting rid of bosingwa or he's going to be our next paulo ferreira?(forever on the bench/reserves and only playing in an injury crisis/league cup) So then, what happens to ivanovic? Does he get benched or paired with terry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Azpilcueta isn't marseilles first choice right back anymore I heard? I dunno how good he is,(although in FM he had 17 for long throws haha), does this mean we're getting rid of bosingwa or he's going to be our next paulo ferreira?(forever on the bench/reserves and only playing in an injury crisis/league cup) So then, what happens to ivanovic? Does he get benched or paired with terry?
    Not sure how good he is either, only from FM and he flopped for me (bad omen). Bos is pretty **** to be honest so we do need another RB, I guess thats why we are rumoured to be after him if he isn't first choice.

ReputationRep:

Was the inter match earlier in the season? Because I don't reckon they'll beat inter now they're in form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JB20)
    Not sure how good he is either, only from FM and he flopped for me (bad omen). Bos is pretty **** to be honest so we do need another RB, I guess thats why we are rumoured to be after him if he isn't first choice.
    Bosingwa did have a great start to the season and looked to sort out our RB problem, it was only after the united game where he started going downhill.
    Plus he did a job against tottenham at CB, and ferreira seems to be the only right back that's able to handle bale in the league lol.

ReputationRep:
    Bosingwa did have a great start to the season and looked to sort out our RB problem, it was only after the united game where he started going downhill.
    Plus he did a job against tottenham at CB, and ferreira seems to be the only right back that's able to handle bale in the league lol.

Guy is a beast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

Guy is a beast.
    Oh yeah, forgot they destroyed them.
    Haven't seen richards been outplayed this season. I still don't get why it's ferreira who can handle bale, while bosingwa got destroyed in the space of 3 minutes, at least it wasn't as bad as maicon :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, forgot they destroyed them.
    Haven't seen richards been outplayed this season. I still don't get why it's ferreira who can handle bale, while bosingwa got destroyed in the space of 3 minutes, at least it wasn't as bad as maicon :lol:
    Johnson bounced off him a few times today. His strength and speed are stupidly good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Johnson bounced off him a few times today. His strength and speed are stupidly good.
    I've never seen someone so fast yet so strong.
    Phil jones is the only other guy I know and even then he's not as fast as richards.

ReputationRep:
    Plus who would they use there? Callejon? Or will mourinho find another player to buy for cheap?
    Who knows. Either way, there is no valid backing for the story, and I doubt it's going to materialise, considering all of the relevant factors.

He'd be a fantastic signing, though.

ReputationRep:
    Di Maria would spend more time on the floor than anything in the PL tbh :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    We're unlikely to get above 4th, 3rd if we're lucky anyway although i'll reckon that we'll get lucky and end up 3rd with a good run. But I hate to say it, but tottenham are the real deal, if they stay injury free, they could even pose a strong title challenge, if they get long term injuries to their key men (bale and modric) they're not gonna be in top 4 though. Whether we buy players or not this will probably be the case.

AVB said that he'll only buy if the price is right and he's only looking for 1 more player, 7 million for cahill was a good deal, especially since he's an england international, even though I don't actually rate him very highly 7 million for him is still a very good deal. It's better than the 16 mill they were asking in the summer that's for sure.

Also, I don't think we need a marquee signing, that happened last season and we're still in the exact same position as we were last season, neither of our big signings last january have done as well as we expected. I think we just panic bought and splashed the cash.
    We should be able to easily secure 4th, we have more depth than Tottenham and our squad is equal to that of Manchester United's, IMO anyway. Realistically we should be challenging for 2nd, and that's still a possibility.

AVB has hinted at a signing, I think he'll get one or two, especially if we let a few leave. I don't think we need marquee signings tbh, players don't have to cost the world to make a difference. I think Cahill will be a good addition, he wouldn't be my first choice but at this point in time, for the price, it's a good signing.

Was the inter match earlier in the season? Because I don't reckon they'll beat inter now they're in form.
    Yes it was, but don't let it detract from the performance, going to the San Siro and winning 3-0, under any circumstance, is a great result. All I'm saying is that Napoli shouldn't be underrated. Lavezzi and Cavani would cause problems for anyway defence in world football, let alone our shaky excuse for a defence.

EDIT: Lot of talk around in France that we've bid £25-30m for Hazard, but it's been rejected. Would be a great signing from the little I've seen of him, but I don't want us to pay over the odds.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.