Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)

Apart from the Valenica game, he's been abysmal.
    I'd give him the city game as well, he was pretty good there, he pretty much kept it at 2-1 single handedly in injury time.
    Also, newcastle's game, he was poor besides the goal, isn't it funny when torres came on, he assisted 2 goals(that plus taylors injury too), though to be completely fair to drogba, he's isolated in the game, maybe essien's return might help, although he's too similar to ramires who's been exceptional this season and I don't see us dropping romeu and putting essien in the DM role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I'd give him the city game as well, he was pretty good there, he pretty much kept it at 2-1 single handedly in injury time.
    Also, newcastle's game, he was poor besides the goal, isn't it funny when torres came on, he assisted 2 goals(that plus taylors injury too), though to be completely fair to drogba, he's isolated in the game, maybe essien's return might help, although he's too similar to ramires who's been exceptional this season and I don't see us dropping romeu and putting essien in the DM role.
    Essien is a far better DM than Romeu, and we need our best players now to ensure we don't slip further behind.

Romeu is young and would be great to give him games, but what we need now is the experience, solidity and talent of Essien.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Essien is a far better DM than Romeu, and we need our best players now to ensure we don't slip further behind.

Romeu is young and would be great to give him games, but what we need now is the experience, solidity and talent of Essien.
    Did you watch Chelsea at all last season? Essien was terrible from start to finish. On that form, I'd have Romeu all day long.

ReputationRep:
    I've never really been impressed with Essien in defensive midfield, hard to know what to expect from him when he returns too. At the moment Romeu is doing exceptionally well in the defensive midfield role though.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm points considered, but still we need experienced players right now.

Essien obviously won't be at peak coming straight back after injury, maybe reintegrating him slowly would be best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)

Na, Romeu has been our best DM since makalele, essien's better as a CM. Romeu has experience, played in U21 euros. He's very solid as well, he has a 90% pass rate and unlike mikel he passes quickly and gets it to the other more advanced players quickly and can tackle as well. For 4.5 million we got a bloody bargain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I've never really been impressed with Essien in defensive midfield, hard to know what to expect from him when he returns too. At the moment Romeu is doing exceptionally well in the defensive midfield role though.
    Romeu has been one of our better players this season.
    The problem with chelsea, which is only with chelsea compared to the other top teams, is that we don't have a talisman, who consistently provides the goods game after game, there's gerrard for liverpool, there's nani and rooney for united, there's silva for city, barcelona you have messi, real madrid you have ronaldo, milan ibrahimovic and so on.

Who do we have who does that at a consistent level? I would say lampard/drogba, but they have had mixed seasons so far. We've been poor in defence, so I can't say terry either. I think we're just an all rounder team, we need everyone to play well for us to play well.

ReputationRep:
    Best player so far this season?

ReputationRep:
    Either romeu or ramires.
    Only players that have performed well consistently. They don't really get noticed as much, people notice mata and sturridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Ramires hands down.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, has to be Ramires, I do feel that he doesn't get much recognition that's why I asked the question.

ReputationRep:
    Just realised, with the lack of wingers problem? Xherdan shaqiri?
    Reckon 15million will be enough to get him.
    Yeah ramires isn't recognised enough, ancelotti made some good signings. Didn't he sign sturridge? Or was it hiddink?

ReputationRep:
    Shaqiri would be a great signing, widely rumoured that he's on his way to Galatasary for €8m though. Absolute snip at that price.

Think Hiddink signed Sturridge, but it was in between Hiddink leaving and Ancelotti arriving so who knows?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I like the way galatasary and the turkish league do things(minus fernabache) they get good players for absolute bargains.

ReputationRep:
    Ramires for sure!

Reminds me of Essien in his prime with surging, unstoppable forward runs.

ReputationRep:
    Cahill having his medical.

ReputationRep:
    Mata or Ramires.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Cahill having his medical.
    Going to the match tomorrow, maybe he will be paraded around the pitch at half-time.

ReputationRep:
    Ramires or Mata for sure.

Anyway, what do you guys think about Sunderland tomorrow? It'll be a really tough game and I'm worried that we might not be able to pick up a win, seeing as they beat City and are on a good run of form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Ramires or Mata for sure.

Anyway, what do you guys think about Sunderland tomorrow? It'll be a really tough game and I'm worried that we might not be able to pick up a win, seeing as they beat City and are on a good run of form.
    The match is today.

I think 2-1 or a close win as we really need to start winning some games and we are confident after beating Wolves and Portsmouth.

"That's why apart from Cahill we don't expect anything else"

Quote from AVB, means we wont buy anyone else this month, meaning it wont be a great season as we can only do Top 4 now and CL is too hard.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.