Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Essien on the bench today.

ReputationRep:
    So important to get a string of results together. We need a result today and although I say it every time he plays, hopefully Torres will get one or two goals.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of feel bad for Torres after that one...

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky on Torres, but brilliant volley!

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, ball comes in from the right, Torres peels off to the far post hits a bicycle kick kick volley and it crashes against the bar -_-. It rebounds in off Lampard though and being 1 nil up is the most important thing I guess. But still, it would have been a great goal by Torres.

ReputationRep:
    Torres has no luck. Honestly the unluckiest player I've seen. Must be killing him.

ReputationRep:
    Torres goal scoring return is shocking, this is definitely the anfield curse... he's playing well though.

ReputationRep:
    Surely we can employ psychologists or hypnotists to help him get over his slump and start playing well again. I've waited to damn long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    Surely we can employ psychologists or hypnotists to help him get over his slump and start playing well again. I've waited to damn long!
    I dont think it's a matter of confidence as much as it is him not having ANY LUCK WHATSOEVER. Jeeeeez. Poor man.

ReputationRep:
    The referees a ****er, the referees a ****er.
    Should have 2 pens already, sunderland should have one too.

ReputationRep:
    If we don't win this, I quit.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine they had scored, wow wow wo!

ReputationRep:
    Watching Chelsea has seriously aged me. :/

ReputationRep:
    Could of easily drawn this game.. Defence is still a bit shaky atm, hopefully Cahill will make things a bit more stable at the back.

And welcome back Essien! Good to see him back

ReputationRep:
    Essien did play well in his cameo appearance, although he didn't have as much drive as ramires does, think he'll get better in the next few weeks though.

ReputationRep:
    Good game. Torres just has nothing going for him, I feel sorry for him.

ReputationRep:
    Was an alright game, there wasn't too much to say, was a normal 1-0 victory, man united style and we got the 3 points. Sunderland were tough, sessegnon is quality, o neill knows how to motivate his players.

Although, I do feel sorry for lampard being benched all the time, with sturridge coming back and ramires in his CM role, I'm guessing one of essien/lampard/meireles will have to be benched. Although, I think we might have solved our lack of wingers problem, get ramires on the right wing and improve his delivery.

ReputationRep:
    Torres just needs lady luck to shine for him

Meireles should sub, he hasn't performed strongly for 2 matches now, I rather see essien play instead of him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scoutzawwar)
    Torres just needs lady luck to shine for him

Meireles should sub, he hasn't performed strongly for 2 matches now, I rather see essien play instead of him
    What about ramires and sturridge, plus torres is getting into form so we can't put sturridge in as the striker.
    I also think mata might need to be subbed as well, he hasn't been that great recently, although we really don't have anyone good enough to replace him in that role.

ReputationRep:
    awww look at you pathetic people being blind folded by torres...

"Unlucky... he's unlucky, owww almost toress, unlucky..."

Yes sometimes a footballer can lack the luck an athlete shouldn't' depend on, nevertheless Torres goal return ratio is 7.5% .. thats means if you were a gambling man this would mean that every time torres steps on the pitch the bookies should provide you with 13/1 on TORRES to SCORE that is shocking!!!! for your main striker at a top 4 club!

... Could you imagine if aguero, van persie or rooney had 13/1 odds to score in any league game? "I'll put a tenner on van persie to score & I should get a return of 130 pounds"
    there's luck & there's just lack of concentration.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.