Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scoutzawwar)
    Malouda doesn't start now because of Mata. I rather we keep him, I don't think anyone can fill in Mata's place except for the Frenchman.
    Sad, but it's true, we don't have anyone else, kalou is gone tbh and I don't want to see him play for the shirt again unless he finds a level of consistency(would rather have walcott tbh)

Still, a 10 million pound offer would be enough for me to sell him though. I think malouda didn't do too bad in the sunderland game.

ReputationRep:
    Cahill in for Alex.

Is it much of an improvement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Cahill in for Alex.

Only improvement is that cahill is faster and would fit our style of play more than alex. Defensively they're the same I would say. I never really liked alex, we should have sold him to madrid instead of carvalho. He was pretty poor for us this season besides the stoke game.

Also cahill is more of a long term replacement for terry and a stop gap for chalobah and bruma. The partnership will be terry and luiz for now, in around 2-3 years it'll be luiz and cahill and eventually it'll become chalobah and bruma(if they aren't sold but AVB rates them both very highly)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Still cheated us of 50 million, stupid release clause, you should have just accepted the 35 million. Fabregas was worth the same.
    Don't think there was a release clause.

We wanted 15m more than we paid for Carroll, and tbh that probably would of been better. A £20m Andy Carroll wouldnt have half the weight on his shoulders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    Seems Torres is suffering from the same problem as Carroll.

Carroll has had 3 (At least that I can remember) excellent chances saved by wonder saves in the last minutes of games we've been drawing.
    Lack of accuracy then?

Anyway, if Torres plays like how he did against Sunderland for the rest of the season I'll be pretty happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Lack of accuracy then?

Anyway, if Torres plays like how he did against Sunderland for the rest of the season I'll be pretty happy with that.
    Dunno what you mean?

If Carroll puts a header in the far corner like he did against City last minute, you can't expect much else.

ReputationRep:
    Cahill in for Alex.

I don't think it is an improvement at all, but then again I've only seen Alex in a Chelsea shirt and Cahill in a Bolton shirt and obviously Alex has been together with a better keeper, a better defence and usually a very good holding midfielder. Cahill actually wants to be here though and suits a system that AVB is seemingly wanting to put into place. Also counts as a home grown player, which means we have another place in the squad for a non home grown forward player hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I don't think it is an improvement at all, but then again I've only seen Alex in a Chelsea shirt and Cahill in a Bolton shirt and obviously Alex has been together with a better keeper, a better defence and usually a very good holding midfielder. Cahill actually wants to be here though and suits a system that AVB is seemingly wanting to put into place. Also counts as a home grown player, which means we have another place in the squad for a non home grown forward player hopefully.
    Lets face it, we're not buying a forward, even if drogba leaves. We'll just use lukaku, sturridge and torres. We need a winger more but ramires showed that he's good on the wing. We should have got nasri tbh with mata though. I guess that AVB took his time evaluating the squad, that was the problem with having a new manager. Then the failure of getting modric made it worse.

I'm fine with the squad at the moment though, we're underperforming, we're just as good as united player wise, city aren't too much better than us either and they will cool down after 2 years, I don't see them progressing to barca or madrids level because their manager can't do that. We should have closed down the gap in december, but I think we don't have a problem with our squad in january, we didn't really have key players leaving for ACON besides drogba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    Dunno what you mean?

If Carroll puts a header in the far corner like he did against City last minute, you can't expect much else.
    Liverpool needs to sort out their attacking tactics tbh. I don't even think carroll is a poor player, I think you need to focus more on attacking than you do now and play more to his strengths, it's all too easy to park the bus at anfield and get a point, every single team in the league will be happy with that. Give carroll a year and he'll come good. You can see torres improving at chelsea, carroll needs game time and a consistent run in the squad, not playing 5-5-0 and putting him on for the only guy who can actually cross it for him 10 mins before the end.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think this is too similar to last year? Had a terrible november/december, now we're getting wins? I see a winning streak around the corner. Reckon we can get 6 wins on the spin.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think this is too similar to last year? Had a terrible november/december, now we're getting wins? I see a winning streak around the corner. Reckon we can get 6 wins on the spin.
    Chelsea have been conceding too many goals lately.

ReputationRep:
    Playing a back three of Cahill, Alex and Terry would be fantastic :coma:

That it'll never happen is even better :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Playing a back three of Cahill, Alex and Terry would be fantastic :coma:

That it'll never happen is even better :coma:
    Changing alex/cahill for carvalho would be even better. Yes, we miss you, come back from madrid and sort out our ****ing defence.
    Also, it looks like we're gonna have a bigger rivalry than you guys now, QPR is gonna be a toughie, would rather fulham get the money though, would be even better.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea have been conceding too many goals lately.
    Not really, we've conceded 1 goal in 3 games. aston villa match was disgraceful though.
    I reckon our squad has the winning belief now, now we're away from liverpool, newcastle and arsenal, I reckon we won't crumble. We usually have better second halves to the season anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, we've conceded 1 goal in 3 games. aston villa match was disgraceful though.
    I reckon our squad has the winning belief now, now we're away from liverpool, newcastle and arsenal, I reckon we won't crumble. We usually have better second halves to the season anyway.
    Well we should have conceded several against Sunderland and they could have done a Villa if they did not contrive to miss their great chances.

We should have conceded against Sunderland and other teams will not be so generous.

ReputationRep:
    You've kept 5 clean sheets in 21 games in the league so far this season. In the past 7 league games, you've kept 1 clean sheet.

ReputationRep:
    Sad, but it's true, we don't have anyone else, kalou is gone tbh and I don't want to see him play for the shirt again unless he finds a level of consistency(would rather have walcott tbh)

Still, a 10 million pound offer would be enough for me to sell him though. I think malouda didn't do too bad in the sunderland game.
    Modric would fit his shoes nicely, but we would need a winger nonetheless if we sold malouda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Well we should have conceded several against Sunderland and they could have done a Villa if they did not contrive to miss their great chances.

We should have conceded against Sunderland and other teams will not be so generous.
    Yeah our defence wasn't the best, although, look at united, even with their defensive record, they haven't been the best defensively in the actual game, they've been pretty lucky too.

ReputationRep:
    You've kept 5 clean sheets in 21 games in the league so far this season. In the past 7 league games, you've kept 1 clean sheet.
    We've scored the 4th highest amount of goals, we need to find the back of the net more, we don't create enough chances even with our possession stats.

I miss the chelsea that used to thrash teams 6-0 every week at the bridge. That's probably more important, an in form torres can sort out the problem, at the back, well we now have cahill as good cover, ivanovic needs to come back too to add stability to right back. Terry has been immense over the past 2 months. Looks like we can sort out the defence once and for all.

ReputationRep:
    I can see AVB playing Cahill ahead of Luiz soon. Hope Luiz sticks even if he is a liability at times.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.