Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Does anyone think this is too similar to last year? Had a terrible november/december, now we're getting wins? I see a winning streak around the corner. Reckon we can get 6 wins on the spin.
    Different in that we didn't start the year off amazing well, and this year we're better in attack and worse in defence which was the other way round last year.

I reckon initially we'll keep with Luiz and Terry at CB, but there's every chance Cahill could replace Luiz by the end of the season. Whenever Ivanovic is back, I'm hoping he'll play at RB and our defence will be much more solid. Thinking about it though we could have 3/4 of England's defence in the Euro's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Different in that we didn't start the year off amazing well, and this year we're better in attack and worse in defence which was the other way round last year.

I reckon initially we'll keep with Luiz and Terry at CB, but there's every chance Cahill could replace Luiz by the end of the season. Whenever Ivanovic is back, I'm hoping he'll play at RB and our defence will be much more solid. Thinking about it though we could have 3/4 of England's defence in the Euro's.
    That's due to the manchester clubs doing the exact same thing.
    I reckon, luiz and cahill is more long term as a partnership, terry will get dropped within the next 3/4 years.

ReputationRep:
    I know Cahill is a good player and all... but I wish we hadnt bought him. Luiz is amazing! He has potential in abundance, and like AVB has said, has all the makings of a top, top class defender. Dropping him will do nothing for us.

ReputationRep:
    Who says he will be dropped though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Who says he will be dropped though?
    Hmm? It's the natural assumption. Cahill was almost certainly given assurance that he'd start a good number of games. If he strings a decent run together, he'll obviously take Luiz's position. Terry as Chelsea captain is invulnerable to being dropped.

Unless we've just bought an international-class defender who has played alongside Terry before just to be cover?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Luiz will be rotated between CB and DM to keep him playing regularly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    I know Cahill is a good player and all... but I wish we hadnt bought him. Luiz is amazing! He has potential in abundance, and like AVB has said, has all the makings of a top, top class defender. Dropping him will do nothing for us.
    But Terry only has a few years left, and maybe only one or two as a top-level defender - we need youth. Luiz does have the makings of a top-class defender but there's not certainty he'll spurn his current flaws.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Maybe Luiz will be rotated between CB and DM to keep him playing regularly?
    Hmm. We already have Romeu and Mikel...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm? It's the natural assumption. Cahill was almost certainly given assurance that he'd start a good number of games. If he strings a decent run together, he'll obviously take Luiz's position. Terry as Chelsea captain is invulnerable to being dropped.

Unless we've just bought an international-class defender who has played alongside Terry before just to be cover?
    Well he's 26 and has only played 7 times for England, so it's not like we're buying a world class defender.

AVB always speaks highly of David Luiz, and I assume he will continue to be first choice. Cahill does give us another option though if we want a player stronger in the air etc, and means we can play Ivanovic more at RB.

ReputationRep:

Alex? Ivanovic until bosingwa's injury.

ReputationRep:
    Reportedly you've had a £14m bid for Stevan Jovetic rejected.

Although that's according to the Mirror, so I'd be cautious as to how true that story actually is.

ReputationRep:
    14m for Jovetic is a a laughable offer if true....he wont go for less than 25mill considering he just signed a new contract in october..........hmmmmmmm, the stroy seems false now tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    14m for Jovetic is a a laughable offer if true....he wont go for less than 25mill considering he just signed a new contract in october..........hmmmmmmm, the stroy seems false now tbh
    I think the story's true, heard the same value in another paper(although it hasn't been confirmed by sky sports) He would be useful though. We need a winger/forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    (although it hasn't been confirmed by sky sports)
    lol what?

Since when have Sky Sportshave any idea about transfer bids? They chat more **** than anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, just saw that Chelsea are yet to concede from a corner in the Premier League this season.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone thought of playing Luiz at RB and Cahill replacing him at CB?

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe not...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...medium=twitter

Sounds too good to be true

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...en-Hazard.html

ReputationRep:
    We need someone more defensive oriented then bos at RB, someone like ashley cole, dangerous going forward, and confident coming back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Wow, just saw that Chelsea are yet to concede from a corner in the Premier League this season.
    Had that stat been the champions league, we would have had 14 points and not have to go through the do or die match vs valencia. (if the kalou handball counts as well)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    lol what?

Since when have Sky Sportshave any idea about transfer bids? They chat more **** than anyone.
    Wait, they don't say you've actually bidded for someone when they're chatting ****, they say that you're keen on someone (harry redknapp probably gets it the worst), sky sports is single handedly the best newspaper when it comes to tapping up players.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.