Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Torres missed a sitter apparently, slow build up play as usual, norwich defended for their lives in the second half, malouda should be sold, lampard got injured. At least we're unbeaten in 2012 I guess.
    I'm still pissed off though, how can we not score against the team that hasn't kept one clean sheet this whole season?
    Yes, my friend (season-ticket holder) texted me about the Torres miss. I don't really know where we go from here with him. So we were on top? Not sure how we're going to incorporate different styles of play into our game... Malouda is awful, I concur there...Lampard's injured? How bad?

You make a very good point. How disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I think even if he got it on target it would have been blocked cos some defender slid right in front of him. He had plenty of other chances though, like the one where instead of taking the shot he opted to pass to Ramires but it got intercepted.
    I know, he didn't have a good game. Although, lukaku looked lively

(Original post by KingMessi)
    Yes, my friend (season-ticket holder) texted me about the Torres miss. I don't really know where we go from here with him. So we were on top? Not sure how we're going to incorporate different styles of play into our game... Malouda is awful, I concur there...Lampard's injured? How bad?

Haven't checked, I think it was an ankle injury, I only watched the 2nd half, we really should have kept zhirkov and use him as left wing, mata behind striker and sturridge right wing.
    Essien wasn't really great when he came on(although he was in the DM role) I wanted him to play the game like song does, we should have used romeu tbh to speed up the play.
    Lukaku came on, he was actually fairly good, he really needs to sort out his dribbling, he's a bit stiff like a young heskey(when he was good at leicester), he's a long way away to becoming drogba's level.

ReputationRep:
    I know, he didn't have a good game. Although, lukaku looked lively

Haven't checked, I think it was an ankle injury, I only watched the 2nd half, we really should have kept zhirkov and use him as left wing, mata behind striker and sturridge right wing.
    Essien wasn't really great when he came on(although he was in the DM role) I wanted him to play the game like song does, we should have used romeu tbh to speed up the play.
    Lukaku came on, he was actually fairly good, he really needs to sort out his dribbling, he's a bit stiff like a young heskey(when he was good at leicester), he's a long way away to becoming drogba's level.
    Ah right, well, we can only hope that it won't sideline him for any substantial period of time. Yes, I liked Zhirkov; he never seemed to get a proper chance with us and he was epic with CSKA. Hmm, well, Essien shall still be feeling his way back. He should play alongside Lampard/Meireles so we can keep Romeu in the side.

Okay, I'm very pleased to hear that Lukaku did well. Drogba didn't peak until his mid to late twenties, so...

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'm very pleased to hear that Lukaku did well. Drogba didn't peak until his mid to late twenties, so...
    Well, the only significant thing I remember him doing was make a great run down the right, beating 2 Norwich players. But his cross was poor so it didn't really come to anything...

But it did show his strength and pace, and that he's well suited for the physicality of the league. Looking forward to seeing more of him this month.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard throwing his toys out of the pram during the season and Terry being a typical nob - issues that aren't helping the cause this season for the Chelsea rent boys.

Sort out the mess. Players at fault and AVB who needs to MTFU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Lampard throwing his toys out of the pram during the season and Terry being a typical nob - issues that aren't helping the cause this season for the Chelsea rent boys.

Sort out the mess. Players at fault and AVB who needs to MTFU.
    Oh shut it, how is terry being a nob? lampard was injured and AVB didn't wanna take any chances. I hope arsenal batter you tomorrow .

Ok, drunken rant aside. Yeah player power isn't affecting the team as much as you think and it's not like the days of grant/scolari, they're all behind the manager, even lampard.
    He just needs to replace deadwood like malouda and bring the youth like mceachran and bertrand in, simple as, once he's done that, our team will be sorted. We don't need many players, we have the team to sort everything out and we're young and talented enough to sort it out(as much as the media will have you believe most of our players aren't actually that old.
    Look, we didn't get battered by newcastle, and we're unbeaten this year, can you say that for united? We just don't score enough, our defence is sorted now.

ReputationRep:

Lamps has a muscle tear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Lamps has a muscle tear
    Magnificent. Not happy at all. Now I'm really hoping that Man United beat Man City.

ReputationRep:
    Oh shut it, how is terry being a nob? lampard was injured and AVB didn't wanna take any chances. I hope arsenal batter you tomorrow .

Ok, drunken rant aside. Yeah player power isn't affecting the team as much as you think and it's not like the days of grant/scolari, they're all behind the manager, even lampard.
    He just needs to replace deadwood like malouda and bring the youth like mceachran and bertrand in, simple as, once he's done that, our team will be sorted. We don't need many players, we have the team to sort everything out and we're young and talented enough to sort it out(as much as the media will have you believe most of our players aren't actually that old.
    Look, we didn't get battered by newcastle, and we're unbeaten this year, can you say that for united? We just don't score enough, our defence is sorted now.
    Don't be daft. You obviously want us to batter Arsenal tomorrow to improve your chances of finishing in the top 4, possibly at the expense of Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be daft. You obviously want us to batter Arsenal tomorrow to improve your chances of finishing in the top 4, possibly at the expense of Arsenal.
    I hate Man U, so the best result for me would be a draw out of that game.

I want Manchester City to batter Tottenham; we can then put pressure on third, and make sure United don't win the title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    I hate Man U, so the best result for me would be a draw out of that game.

I want Manchester City to batter Tottenham; we can then put pressure on third, and make sure United don't win the title
    Aww. You hate Man United because we're everything you're not? As in, we can actually play attractive, aesthetically-pleasing football?

3rd? You'll be lucky. You'll be lucky to finish 4th at this rate with your ageing squad, full of players throwing their toys and dummies out of the pram. Lampard needs to man up and grow up, as do a few other players of yours. He gets ditched for several games, no longer the first name on the team-sheet and he starts crying like a baby. Pathetic lack of professionalism. Ferguson wouldn't tolerate this kind of crap, I can assure you of that.

ReputationRep:
    Aww. You hate Man United because we're everything you're not? As in, we can actually play attractive, aesthetically-pleasing football?

3rd? You'll be lucky. You'll be lucky to finish 4th at this rate with your ageing squad, full of players throwing their toys and dummies out of the pram. Lampard needs to man up and grow up, as do a few other players of yours. He gets ditched for several games, no longer the first name on the team-sheet and he starts crying like a baby. Pathetic lack of professionalism. Ferguson wouldn't tolerate this kind of crap, I can assure you of that.

You are irrefutably right.

In other words as a Man U fan wearing red-tinted goggles, you can't see anything but.

ReputationRep:
    LOLWUT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    LOLWUT
    Got to say that is incredibly rich coming from a Liverpool fan. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Got to say that is incredibly rich coming from a Liverpool fan. Lol.
    We've started playing some of the best football in the league. A lot of foreign commentators/players have said, and it's clear we have. We just can't score.

You play ****e football and scrape a 1-0 win like 5 weeks running and all of a sudden you're the 'Best in England'...

ReputationRep:
    We've started playing some of the best football in the league. A lot of foreign commentators/players have said, and it's clear we have. We just can't score.

You play ****e football and scrape a 1-0 win like 5 weeks running and all of a sudden you're the 'Best in England'...
    I know that you know that that is utter trash-talk. Keep it flowing though, it's rather amusing.

Admit it, you don't really follow football do you? I get the impression that you're trying to blag it and it's painfully obvious and evident to all...

ReputationRep:

:rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    We really don't need your help, arsenal are a ticking time bomb and the bomb starts at march. Please shut the hell up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    :rofl3:
    Fulham? Why don't you just move your club to America mate, all your players are from there and Woy actually did ok with you, says it all.

Yeah, of course Liverpool will always be playing ****e football blah blah over and over, but we're much improved, so I don't care.

ReputationRep:

You're an idiot, please look at the actual age of our squad before you say it's an ageing squad. You have a 38 year old and a 37 year old in the first team and you're talking to us about age. :confused:
    Come on, not even you are that retarded. As much as I'll rather have you win the league than city (so it's always united or chelsea for the league like it should be and it'll kill city's morale if they don't win) you've changed my mind. Your team is ****, I had people at the start of the season saying they'll beat barca because they won in a friendly and they'll beat real madrid :lolwut: yet you can't even beat basel. I just laughed.
    Don't say we're going nowhere in the champions league either, we're not arsenal.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.