Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    It's one of the worst United teams under Fergie's reign imo.
    Which matters in any way shape or form because?....

Id like you to inform me of a premier league side which has managed to keep a consistently top form squad every year . 'One of his worst teams' is still better than 15 of the leagues teams atm.

Not like we are still second with injuries and a team which on paper isnt even third best in the league. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Which matters in any way shape or form because?....

Id like you to inform me of a premier league side which has managed to keep a consistently top form squad every year . 'One of his worst teams' is still better than 15 of the leagues teams atm.

Not like we are still second with injuries and a team which on paper isnt even third best in the league. :rolleyes:
    Calm down. I just said i think it's one of Fergie's worst teams. Don't know you can dispute that?

Ferdinand (not the player he was), Vidic (out for season), Evra (not the player he was but great game vs Arsenal). No quality replacement since Gary Neville retired. Average keepers, not title winning keepers. That's already a back 5.

Then still you have Giggs who's like 39. Scholes who's 38. Carrick who usually is highly average. Flether injured.

I don't really know why you are disputing this is a weak United team. Yet they are still grinding out results like they do which is a testament to Fergie really. A lot of teams like Chelsea and Arsenal are not the same teams as they were last season and so aren't challenging. City and Spurs are very much newcomers to the whole title challenging thing too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Ferdinand (not the player he was)
    Still a top defender. Only has a year or two left though

Vidic (out for season)
    Best CB in league is injured, and?

Average keepers
    Not like Lind has best shots to save ratio in league

Then still you have Giggs who's like 39.
    And still rapes most teams

I don't really know why you are disputing this is a weak United team.
    Except i havent done that. But whatever floats your boat i guess?

ReputationRep:
    Uniteds team is **** ?

Yep, that explains second in the league i suppose. ..... ....

With a much higher GD than Chelsea ...

(This is with essentially the worst injury sheet in the league)
    He was trash talking about chelsea and said our team is old, so I decided to trash talk too. There's a difference between getting results and being good as well. You have good team spirit, but do you really have the players, you would struggle to get top 4 if it wasn't for alex ferguson, look at arsenal, they had no depth to begin with and their best players(besides RVP, song and sczechny) are injured.
    Anyway, lets see at the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Thing is if Hazard or Willian come to Chelsea, I'm not sure whether they'll be playing as winger or playmaker?

Or possibly buy both and use Willian on the wing with Hazard as playmaker?

Who would you guys perfer to have?
    Wouldn't mind either but Willian would do nicely and he's cheaper than Hazard, could play him on the left and bring Mata more central. Either way, CREATIVITY !

(Original post by Isometrix)
    What's going on with Lucas Piazon? The kid we bought last transfer window, I thought he could only play for the first team this January. Any chance we get to see him this season?
    He has officially signed now and he's been playing for the reserves, made friends and is now the best friend of David Luiz and has scored goals and created in the reserves. Who knows AVB might call him up for QPR this weekend on the bench?

(Original post by JClive)
    Well he just turned 18 so he can play for the 1st team now but considering Kakuta and McEachran were loaned out and got no game time then not sure he will play this season.
    Your right but surprised AVB hasn't done the usual, send them to Vittesse when they first arrive routine, makes me think he might use him sometime.

Edit: http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...586250,00.html

Lamps is out for a few days, he'll be fine for Swansea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Thing is if Hazard or Willian come to Chelsea, I'm not sure whether they'll be playing as winger or playmaker?

Or possibly buy both and use Willian on the wing with Hazard as playmaker?

Who would you guys perfer to have?
    Are we really likely to get Hazard, though? All speculation and no formal bids...

ReputationRep:
    Still a top defender. Only has a year or two left though

Best CB in league is injured, and?

Not like Lind has best shots to save ratio in league

And still rapes most teams

Except i havent done that. But whatever floats your boat i guess?
    All i said was this was one of Fergie's weakest teams. Sure Giggs is still great, but he is not the player he was, like a lot of the aging players. Still the team is good, but it's still weak for United's standards. Hell, when was the last time they got knocked out of the CL in the group stages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Wouldn't mind either but Willian would do nicely and he's cheaper than Hazard, could play him on the left and bring Mata more central. Either way, CREATIVITY !

He has officially signed now and he's been playing for the reserves, made friends and is now the best friend of David Luiz and has scored goals and created in the reserves. Who knows AVB might call him up for QPR this weekend on the bench?

Your right but surprised AVB hasn't done the usual, send them to Vittesse when they first arrive routine, makes me think he might use him sometime.

Edit: http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...586250,00.html

Lamps is out for a few days, he'll be fine for Swansea
    They even do that in football manager.
    I dunno about lucas piazon tbh, I think that we need to be in an injury crisis when we play him, I don't think he's at the level yet, hear me out here, i've seen his clips, he has flair and creativity, but he hasn't got the skill needed or the pace, I haven't seen him for chelsea reserves so it might be different there. I'm undecided on him, he should get a game for chelsea though, like the 80th minute when we've already won the game and see how he does.
    We also have that davila guy, are we gonna use him next season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    They even do that in football manager.
    I dunno about lucas piazon tbh, I think that we need to be in an injury crisis when we play him, I don't think he's at the level yet, hear me out here, i've seen his clips, he has flair and creativity, but he hasn't got the skill needed or the pace, I haven't seen him for chelsea reserves so it might be different there. I'm undecided on him, he should get a game for chelsea though, like the 80th minute when we've already won the game and see how he does.
    We also have that davila guy, are we gonna use him next season?
    Davila is 20-21 I think so he is the right age and is a good AMC/Striker from what I've heard. Who knows he might replace someone. Lol yeah they do, do that in FM. Except Vitesse never seem to take players I want to send there later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Davila is 20-21 I think so he is the right age and is a good AMC/Striker from what I've heard. Who knows he might replace someone. Lol yeah they do, do that in FM. Except Vitesse never seem to take players I want to send there later
    I checked davila on youtube, he's good on both feet, he looks like a good impact sub, can play behind the striker as well, I guess AVB thinks he's nowhere near ready though, hope he doesn't turn out into another nemanja matic or something, I think at the end of next season we'll start to play davila, if not then he'll be offloaded in the typical chelsea way.

ReputationRep:
    Close to signing Kevin De Bruyne apparently around the region of £8-8.5m

ReputationRep:
    "The Portuguese boss believes the youngster's presence will allow Juan Mata to play more of a free role at the club, and also sees De Bruyne as the long-term replacement for Florent Malouda, who is likely to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer."

I think this is what we've all been calling for. The free role behind the striker for Mata and now De Bruyne can take the left hand side and this could spell the end of FloMalouda.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ Happy days

ReputationRep:
    Is he that good?

Sure he was probably Genk's best player when we played them this season but that ain't saying much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    "The Portuguese boss believes the youngster's presence will allow Juan Mata to play more of a free role at the club, and also sees De Bruyne as the long-term replacement for Florent Malouda, who is likely to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer."

I think this is what we've all been calling for. The free role behind the striker for Mata and now De Bruyne can take the left hand side and this could spell the end of FloMalouda.
    Delighted to hear this. Mata needs to be playing just behind the striker in a more central role, we can have Sturridge on the right and de Bruyne on the left. I just hope that the deal does go through...

ReputationRep:
    Lampard and Alex going to the psg?

Heard something about it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinouche13)
    Lampard and Alex going to the psg?

Heard something about it ?
    No. Do you have a source for that story?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Delighted to hear this. Mata needs to be playing just behind the striker in a more central role, we can have Sturridge on the right and de Bruyne on the left. I just hope that the deal does go through...
    Even if it goes through, I think we loan him back to Genk until next season. It seems AVB is writing off this season then building in the summer for next season.

ReputationRep:
    Even if it goes through, I think we loan him back to Genk until next season. It seems AVB is writing off this season then building in the summer for next season.
    Ah right, well, that's better for now as we can't sell Malouda/Kalou until the summer - or so it would seem - but it will be good to have him on our books.

ReputationRep:
    Is he that good?

Sure he was probably Genk's best player when we played them this season but that ain't saying much...
    He's a good free kick taker that's for sure, seeing as we haven't scored one this season...He can cross as well. Mata playing behind the striker could spell the end of mikel too. there's only 3 midfield positions, mata/lampard behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1, ramires/essien as a CM, Romeu/meireles/essien as the holding/ball winner.
    No space for mikel, with mceachran coming back next season, he would be enough cover in midfield.
    Anyway, we really need to sort out this bertrand situation, we've got a quality left back on the bench, why don't we loan him out to villa/norwich/wigan and use van aalholt/ferreira as backup.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.