Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see we put out a strong side today (bar Malouda). An FA cup for AVB's first season would be a solid start for him.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, not sure why Malouda is playing. Would also prefer Romeu to play instead of Meireles in the holding midfield role...

FA Cup is the only cup we can realistically win this season so we need to beat QPR.

Shame it is not on TV on Sky/ITV/ESPN...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do what I did before and not expect anything from Torres cause last time I did that he scored! lol.
    Ugh, Malouda in CM, bet he's going to sky one at some point and be the first to be subbed off for Essien.

ReputationRep:
    i hope ramires is okay.

ReputationRep:
    Forgettable win but onwards in the FA Cup!

Hope Ramires is back soon, key player and a shame Torres did not score.

Soft penalty but Sturridge should have had one mins before anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The football is still very slow and not very entertaining. Lack of movement in certain areas and Cole is still refusing to drive down that left wing.

Nonetheless a win is a win. I prefer Ivanovic on the wing over Boswinga. Ivanovic is probably not as good as Boswinga in terms of attack, but he's less clumsy as Boswinga and a better defender.

ReputationRep:
    right result but wrong penalty decision made, the one a few mins before we should have had but at least we are still in the cup

ReputationRep:
    With the way we play, I'm quickly losing faith in Torres. There's no way he'll flourish in our 4-3-3. He works in a team where through balls and counter-attacks are the primary elements (read: Liverpool..or Spain till thereabout 2008)...neither of these elements are present in sufficient enough amounts in Chelsea's way of playing for Torres to benefit.

Add to this what seems to be an obvious mental blockade..

ReputationRep:
    1-0 win, well a wins a win, we should watch out for QPR in the next few seasons, they're gonna be a thorn in everyones side with their money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    With the way we play, I'm quickly losing faith in Torres. There's no way he'll flourish in our 4-3-3. He works in a team where through balls and counter-attacks are the primary elements (read: Liverpool..or Spain till thereabout 2008)...neither of these elements are present in sufficient enough amounts in Chelsea's way of playing for Torres to benefit.

Add to this what seems to be an obvious mental blockade..
    Hmmm could all change when the De Bruyne transfer goes through. Mata will play down the middle, acting as the supply man for Torres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Hmmm could all change when the De Bruyne transfer goes through. Mata will play down the middle, acting as the supply man for Torres.
    AVB said it's not his transfer and not an "immediate project" of his which worries me. He won't play this season ofc but I hope he does next season where he takes the left flank as his own. This might be an iffy question but could it be time to find a new left back/get Bertrand some game time to see if he can replace Cole soon. Can see him declining next season.

Didn't see the game but seems it was as good but slow performance. How was the uninspiring Malouda today? Ugh, we've lost our best midfielder for 4 weeks at least. What'll happen against Napoli now! D: Does that mean Malouda starts in midfield against Swansea if Frank's still a doubt? I don't want to see, Malouda - Meireles - Romeu.

Hope Essien get's match fitness, he could take Ramires's place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    AVB said it's not his transfer and not an "immediate project" of his which worries me. He won't play this season ofc but I hope he does next season where he takes the left flank as his own.
    I thought he said on BBC it should be resolved within this week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    AVB said it's not his transfer and not an "immediate project" of his which worries me. He won't play this season ofc but I hope he does next season where he takes the left flank as his own. This might be an iffy question but could it be time to find a new left back/get Bertrand some game time to see if he can replace Cole soon. Can see him declining next season.

Didn't see the game but seems it was as good but slow performance. How was the uninspiring Malouda today? Ugh, we've lost our best midfielder for 4 weeks at least. What'll happen against Napoli now! D: Does that mean Malouda starts in midfield against Swansea if Frank's still a doubt? I don't want to see, Malouda - Meireles - Romeu.

Hope Essien get's match fitness, he could take Ramires's place.
    I'm not too worried, essien will just come back and take ramires's place. Essiens comeback did come at a good time tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I thought he said on BBC it should be resolved within this week?
    What he meant was the deal will be done but it's not him who wanted him but the club. Says the clubs been looking at this player for a long time and want to get him but he doesn't mind De Bruyne coming in.

ReputationRep:
    How many times have you guys played at the new Wembley?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRS-T)
    How many times have you guys played at the new Wembley?
    Not too sure...

But I know that we were the last to win the FA cup at the Old one, and the first to win it at the new one!

ReputationRep:
    Another unconvincing victory.....

Been a while since I last came away from a match satisfied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Another unconvincing victory.....

Been a while since I last came away from a match satisfied.
    Our defensive record has been good in 2012 at least, I think we've only conceded 1 goal this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Not too sure...

But I know that we were the last to win the FA cup at the Old one, and the first to win it at the new one!

Played 4 times in community shield.
    Played 5 times in FA cup.
    Playerd once in the league cup. (2008)
    So I think 10 times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Played 4 times in community shield.
    Played 5 times in FA cup.
    Playerd once in the league cup. (2008)
    So I think 10 times.
    But we haven't scored many more...

I preferred the 4-1 victories tbh.

Looking at Chelsea today, I must say we our tempo of passing is too slow. Too many times it is played back, then there is space in the final third. :/

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.