Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    A few things.

A) Malouda needs to leave now if possible.

B) Never start Malouda again.

C) Never play a midfield 3 without Ramires.

D) We need to make 4-2-3-1 our standard formation because its how we play best now.

E) Torres needs to just shoot instead of pass now.

F) We need to sign players.

That is all.
    Well it is deadline day...
    A and B, we've been saying this for the past 6 months, we should have kept zhirkov.
    1. We need lampard and ramires, badly.

ReputationRep:
    Well, we didn't lose. About the best I can think of saying from that game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Well, we didn't lose. About the best I can think of saying from that game.
    Swansea away was always gonna be tough.

ReputationRep:
    At the end, why did Torres look for the pass?!

He himself was in acres of space. He should attacked it, and if possible taken the shot - he would have had a good chance to score.

Still, a good point from a good team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    At the end, why did Torres look for the pass?!

He himself was in acres of space. He should attacked it, and if possible taken the shot - he would have had a good chance to score.

Still, a good point from a good team.
    lack of confidence.

ReputationRep:
    I think its between you and us for 4th. If anything happens to RVP, Arsenal will surely be out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    I think its between you and us for 4th. If anything happens to RVP, Arsenal will surely be out of it.
    Wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. Stay humble, there are a lot of matches to be played...

ReputationRep:
    Not a Chelsea fan but if I was I'd be starting to lose faith in AVB. He was billed as the younger more attacking Jose, but I don't know if that is really true at all.

Chelsea have been looking vunerable in defence, fair enough Abramovich wanted attractive football. But then the goals haven't really been flowing. He doesn't have the team he wants okay, but as a manager hailed as a tactician, he should be able to get results from a team even so, work round the issues, be one step ahead. At the moment he is look unbelievably average. I honestly think with a lack of a footballing background, if he loses that tactical genius badge, he will struggle with respect, especially being so young.

Really need to get Torres scoring, could be the difference between CL and no CL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barzy_j)
    Fed up with this team and our play. Not sure who I'm going to be fed up with next to be honest, AVB, Torres, Malouda or actually just everyone. This team are only going down at the moment, time to face the facts. (UNLESS of course, we beat Manchester United, then I'll be quite happy with everyone).
    Hmm its funny how it works.

Play bad and loose then it's all going to pot.

Play bad but win and everything just fine.

We really need to up our game this Sunday, or could face humiliation.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly that, I know at the end of the day if you lose or even get a point, but play well, then it's something to take in to the next game but it's now beyond that. No one can score and I've always put a lot of belief in Torres hoping for something, and it never ever comes. AVB said after the Swansea game, he's going to take the positives from our play in the second half - NO. Take the fact that no one can score, some players don't deserve to be part of the club and only turn up for a match once every 10 games and that the play is lags. I agree on the last bit there too, just hoping AVB doesnt put too much trust into these flops and plays the ones more hungry for it.

Should not have sent De Bruyne back on loan too, he's 20 why can we not play him? Lukaku is 18 and he's there. Not expecting much this season, but miracles in the CL.
    Exactly.

We need a good winger - Malouda doesn't always cut. De Bruyne should've been given the chance to play imo.

I think the Swansea game shows how much we miss Ramires, and a leader/ captain like Lampard and Terry (and Drogba).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Exactly.

We need a good winger - Malouda doesn't always cut. De Bruyne should've been given the chance to play imo.

I think the Swansea game shows how much we miss Ramires, and a leader/ captain like Lampard and Terry (and Drogba).
    Drogba has been poor this season, but to be fair, as much as we complain about the old guard, this is what happens when we get rid of it, lampard was right when he said don't take out the spine.

Although, we have essien back, HE MUST START against united, or we're in for another thrashing, we're sloppy in the first half. I reckon we should keep up with torres, although we might need to bench him for drogba since he's scored a goal or two in ACON so could have his confidence back.

Also, who would you rather have as a backup winger, malouda or kalou? Because it's looking like kalou would do a better job...and he delivers the square root of **** all.

Also, ramires is a top player, he's an automatic starter now. He was worth the 20 million. But, we shouldn't have sold zhirkov.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly that, I know at the end of the day if you lose or even get a point, but play well, then it's something to take in to the next game but it's now beyond that. No one can score and I've always put a lot of belief in Torres hoping for something, and it never ever comes. AVB said after the Swansea game, he's going to take the positives from our play in the second half - NO. Take the fact that no one can score, some players don't deserve to be part of the club and only turn up for a match once every 10 games and that the play is lags. I agree on the last bit there too, just hoping AVB doesnt put too much trust into these flops and plays the ones more hungry for it.

Should not have sent De Bruyne back on loan too, he's 20 why can we not play him? Lukaku is 18 and he's there. Not expecting much this season, but miracles in the CL.
    Next season, I think we'll need to use mceachran, because our midfield is terrible if two of lampard, romeu/essien and ramires isn't there. Anyway, we'll sort ourselves out, I have faith that we will.

ReputationRep:
    Only plus thing from the swansea draw was that we defended well, both our centre backs did a decent job.
    Need essien to start and torres to score

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the offical prognosis is for Ramires, how long he is out for?

Such a massive blow, if there was one player we can't afford to be without, it's him.

Anyway, gonna go and put my life savings on United for Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    I think BBC said he was out for 4 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    "Chelsea have stepped up their interest in Lille winger Eden Hazard, according to The Sun, with the Blues' scout Guy Hillion telling the paper that he has watched the £30m-rated Belgian star "more than 20 times" and "written a 100 per cent positive report every time"."

Saw this today and reading round, seems like Mourinho wants to return to Chelsea, it's the big story of today and seems like JT will be stripped of the captaincy of England and if it happen's he'll take it back a year later after 4 other captains have been tried out again? Lol

ReputationRep:
    From bad to worse :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    AVB undecided on who'll play left-back on Sunday but says he has full confidence in Ryan Bertrand. Boswinga the only other option. #CFC (SL)

ReputationRep:
    I think you guys will line up as Bosingwa-Luiz-Cahill-Ivanovic.

You can still take advantage of their ailing midfield. Amos could play as well so there is more inexperience at the back for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Anyone know what the offical prognosis is for Ramires, how long he is out for?

Such a massive blow, if there was one player we can't afford to be without, it's him.

Anyway, gonna go and put my life savings on United for Sunday.
    If we didn't have home advantage, we would stand no chance against united, but since arsenal put up a good performance against united even with their injuries at the emirates, I have faith this isn't going to be a 4-0 to united, I reckon we'll step up, just because we have to.

What do you reckon the line up should be?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.