Bertrand - Luiz - Cahill - Ivanovic

Cech

What I think it will be:

Mata - Torres - Sturridge

Lampard - Meireles
    Romeu/Essien

Bosingwa - Luiz - Cahill - Ivanovic

Cech

I can't play anyone else at left wing so Malouda unfortunately has to play there. HOPE Bertrand starts seeing as he said its between him and Bos. Just hope that he plays Cahill and Ivanovic not Ivanovic and Bosingwa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    From bad to worse :facepalm2:
    What's happened now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Wishful Thinking:

Torres

Malouda - Mata - Sturridge

Essien - Lampard

Bertrand - Luiz - Cahill - Ivanovic

Cech

What I think it will be:

Mata - Torres - Sturridge

Lampard - Meireles
    Romeu/Essien

Bosingwa - Luiz - Cahill - Ivanovic

Cech

I can't play anyone else at left wing so Malouda unfortunately has to play there. HOPE Bertrand starts seeing as he said its between him and Bos. Just hope that he plays Cahill and Ivanovic not Ivanovic and Bosingwa.
    Ivanovic and bosingwa=absolute fail.
    Cahill has to play, i'm a bit skeptical about him having his first appearance in such an important game, but who else do we have?
    I reckon we'll go 4-3-3 in the first half and change to a 4-2-3-1 in the second half if we need to chase back the game.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard some rumours flying around that Mourinho is looking to return to the PL and one of those clubs could be Chelsea. Not a lot of substance behind the stories that I've heard so far, but thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    What's happened now?
    AVB's ruled Terry out for Sunday's game.

..and Terry getting stripped of his captaincy of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    AVB undecided on who'll play left-back on Sunday but says he has full confidence in Ryan Bertrand. Boswinga the only other option. #CFC (SL)
    Didn't Malouda get a few games at LB last season. Would prefer someone left footed obviously, but maybe it's time to unleash the Bertrand

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Team picks itself for Sunday, surely?

Only real question is a left-back. I'd play Bertrand, Bosingwa is an absolute clown. I'm a better defender.

Could make a case for Essien in the midfield but I think it's too much of a risk. Would rather have Romeu, Lampard and Meireles in there.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that essien should play if lampard isn't fully fit.
    I can see our defence being a shambles, ryan bertrand if he plays would probably be our best defender in the match. Also, there's no way ivanovic is going to be paired with david luiz in CB, we might as well give them the 3 points if that does happen...

ReputationRep:
    True, forgot about Lampard's calf strain. Certainly strengthens the argument for Essien to play, but I'd personally still go for Lampard. On his form last season, I don't think we can expect too much from Essien, and starting on Sunday is a massive ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    AVB's ruled Terry out for Sunday's game.

..and Terry getting stripped of his captaincy of course.
    Ah, of course.

So no Terry? Would you like to see Cahill and Luiz? Ivanovic and Bertrand at full-back?

ReputationRep:
    Essien did play as a DM for a lot of last season when lampard came back from his injury, in a more familiar role he should do better, he should do well in a ramires/yaya toure type role like he's more used to.
    Cahill, luiz, ivanovic and bertrand should be the back 4, AVB says he has faith in bertrand, maybe a good performance against a team like man utd could put him straight into the team, tbh, we have nothing to lose in this game since we can't get the title now, we might as well just go for bertrand and see how he does, look what arsenal did with chamberlain vs man united, he's now their best winger and he's only played for 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    "January signing Gary Cahill is in line to make his debut with John Terry ruled out through injury and Villas-Boas is happy throwing him into the fray.

"I think he has been ready from the start, to be fair - he's trained magnificently well," he concluded."

It's going to be Cahill/Luiz at centre back unless he wants to play Bosingwa and Bertrand which I doubt.

I'm predicting

Bertrand - Cahill - Luiz - Ivanovic

Now that is the best back 4 we can send out now. I just worry for Bertrand OR Bosingwa at left back against Valencia. He's been in scintillating form :s

ReputationRep:
    Surely big risk of the game being cancelled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Surely big risk of the game being cancelled?
    Chelsea FC report that the game is ON.

ReputationRep:
    Game is ON thankfully, should be great!

Result: The way we have been playing in 2012 barely scoring any goals I can realistically see a draw at best and with Terry and Cole out too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    "January signing Gary Cahill is in line to make his debut with John Terry ruled out through injury and Villas-Boas is happy throwing him into the fray.

"I think he has been ready from the start, to be fair - he's trained magnificently well," he concluded."

It's going to be Cahill/Luiz at centre back unless he wants to play Bosingwa and Bertrand which I doubt.

I'm predicting

Bertrand - Cahill - Luiz - Ivanovic

Now that is the best back 4 we can send out now. I just worry for Bertrand OR Bosingwa at left back against Valencia. He's been in scintillating form :s
    To be fair, he's been ripping up every full back in the league, He's good at ripping cole too, he did it at old trafford last season, maybe we might have needed the change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    To be fair, he's been ripping up every full back in the league, He's good at ripping cole too, he did it at old trafford last season, maybe we might have needed the change.
    A disciplined full back is needed for Valencia, against someone who is more defensively minded can handle him, look at what Abidal did to him in the Champions league Final, he was made to look poor. Just need Bertrand to be slightly less attacking then Cole and there shouldnt be too much of a problem. More worried about Luiz to be honest haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    A disciplined full back is needed for Valencia, against someone who is more defensively minded can handle him, look at what Abidal did to him in the Champions league Final, he was made to look poor. Just need Bertrand to be slightly less attacking then Cole and there shouldnt be too much of a problem. More worried about Luiz to be honest haha
    I'm worried about ivanovic(if he's in the CB position), luiz has been doing good lately.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea will line-up in the following 4-3-3 formation:
    1 Petr Cech (c)
    2 Branislav Ivanovic
    24 Gary Cahill
    4 David Luiz
    17 Jose Bosingwa
    5 Michael Essien
    16 Raul Meireles
    15 Florent Malouda
    23 Daniel Sturridge
    9 Fernando Torres
    10 Juan Mata
    Subs: 23 Ross Turnbull, 20 Paulo Ferreira, 27 Sam Hutchinson, 34 Ryan Bertrand, 6 Oriol Romeu, 35 Lucas Piazon, 18 Romelu Lukaku.

Worried about the bench, Malouda and Bosingwa ><

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.