Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Malouda and Bosingwa, oh god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Malouda and Bosingwa, oh god.
    I was just thinking the same thing. I would genuinely be shocked if we win or draw.

ReputationRep:
    Words can not begin to describe how gutted I am..

ReputationRep:
    I knew you'd bottle it to them, but to go to 3-0 up then do that, biased ref or not... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    How can we draw from 3-0?

We're not ****ing Arsenal.

Then again, it helps having the 12th man...

Seriously pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    We were robbed. I couldn't be more convinced of Webb's bias, even if he had gone out wearing a Utd shirt. And Welbeck, what a ****ing cheat.

Still, no matter what happened on the referee front, we should not have let a 3 goal lead slip away at home.

A few positives though:

- Gary Cahill looked great
    - We looked much more stable with Essien out there
    - We scored a lot of goals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    We were robbed. I couldn't be more convinced of Webb's bias, even if he had gone out wearing a Utd shirt. And Welbeck, what a ****ing cheat.

Still, no matter what happened on the referee front, we should not have let a 3 goal lead slip away at home.

A few positives though:

- Gary Cahill looked great
    - We looked much more stable with Essien out there
    - We scored a lot of goals
    Cahill is pretty good, we can't say much about bias either because we could have been 10 men down in less than half an hour. They really need to sort out the refereeing in this game on both sides.
    I reckon we should have kept sturridge and got rid of malouda for romeu.

ReputationRep:
    Cahill was good. Luiz is looking a real good defender now with his attacking movement. With Essien back, we have a new signing and he was awesome! Malouda should have come off.

Honestly thought if we had the option of Lampard or Kalou on the bench we could have done something.

Urgh, so gutted atm. Uni's going to be a cracker of a day tomorrow....

ReputationRep:
    Not quite sure how we lost a 3-0 lead but just remember boys.

Something they can't take from us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary)
    Not quite sure how we lost a 3-0 lead but just remember boys.

Something they can't take from us.
    Looking at how barcelona are at the moment with their injury list, we might have a chance if we ease past napoli.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Looking at how barcelona are at the moment with their injury list, we might have a chance if we ease past napoli.
    You realise they have Lionel Messi right?

And the finals are in May? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    You realise they have Lionel Messi right?

And the finals are in May? lol
    Villa's still injured, iniesta is out for some time, busquetts is also out and will need time to get to fitness and messi has been playing every week so will be bound to burn out, I reckon we could beat them if we get them in the quarter finals since then they won't have enough time, we step up in big games, like today even though we threw it away.

It was weird that we would have faced barcelona if leverkusen had beat genk.

ReputationRep:
    Good game but 2 penalties is ridiculous for a comeback and 3-1 or 3-2 win would have been fairer.

Saying that, would have taken a draw at 4pm but 3-0 up to draw is poor, well that is Chelsea in 2011/12 I guess and lacked a leader today.

Cahill was great and Malouda was awful...

ReputationRep:
    Not a bad result, don't get disheartened lads!

ReputationRep:
    Villa's still injured, iniesta is out for some time, busquetts is also out and will need time to get to fitness and messi has been playing every week so will be bound to burn out, I reckon we could beat them if we get them in the quarter finals since then they won't have enough time, we step up in big games, like today even though we threw it away.

You won't, Barca would destroy Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    It's rather disappointing seeing as we were up 3-0.

I'm starting to wonder whether we should just stick Torres out on the wing, with crosses like that. Seriously, Mata scored an absolute screamer - it was fantastic.

But really if we want Torres to score, we seriously need to get rid of the old and remodel the squad and most importantly start with Torres. What we had out today up front (excluding Malouda) is what I'd like to see next season as our starting line up. Could do with some better full backs, Ivanovic is decent but Bosingwa needs to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    You won't, Barca would destroy Chelsea.
    Not with their injury list. 4 key players and counting.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the comment suggesting you guys can win the CL because of Barca's poor form recently.

You guys were all over the place in defence once Rooney blasted the first penalty into the back of the net, and in the end that is what resulted in you losing your 3-0 lead. They were clearly penalties by the way!! David Luiz and Ivanovic gave us the third goal, cheers lads.

ReputationRep:

:rofl:

Busquets' injury isn't as bad as first thought, so he'll be back in a week or two. Villa isn't really missed as Pedro can fill in just as well on the left, and Iniesta can be replaced by Fabregas or Thiago.

You need to realise that if you meet Barcelona, you're ****ed. Chelsea's team just isn't good enough. Luiz/Terry would get torn apart, and you'd have no one to unlock the Barca defence, and on the odd occasion that you could get through it, Torres would mess it up anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    :rofl:

Busquets' injury isn't as bad as first thought, so he'll be back in a week or two. Villa isn't really missed as Pedro can fill in just as well on the left, and Iniesta can be replaced by Fabregas or Thiago.

You need to realise that if you meet Barcelona, you're ****ed. Chelsea's team just isn't good enough. Luiz/Terry would get torn apart, and you'd have no one to unlock the Barca defence, and on the odd occasion that you could get through it, Torres would mess it up anyway.
    See, I could say the exact same thing for liverpool, but they step up in big games.

Yes, I don't rate chelsea's chances, I'm saying, that if we faced them now, we would have the best chance of winning at the moment because of their injuries in this season, if we faced them in may when all their players come back, it will be near impossible or very difficult to beat them.
    I'm not being deluded, I'm just saying, even though our squad isn't as good as theirs, we are still a top team with some top class players that on their day can do a job against any team in the world, no one can argue against that. We're easily as good as united on paper which is why we were 3-0 up in 50 mins, we're just not performing to the best of our ability.

We'll have a good game offensively, but be poor in defence, or the other way round, there isn't enough consistency.

But I agree with you, if carvalho, pepe and ramos get turned by messi regularly, luiz and terry wouldn't stand a chance, maybe terry can, but not someone as undisciplined as luiz.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.