Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    There's always the chance sunderland beat arsenal too, knowing arsenal.

I don't get how we're doing so poor this season, look at our team, although, I guess capello's second stint at milan was similar, he spent the year rebuilding, the next year when he was fired, the next manager won the scudettto with this team, I'm hoping this is the case, anyway, looks like we've got the champions league and the FA cup to focus on.
    Personally, I think it's Torres. He's the wrong player and completely out of form, he's become the focus of all the ills, and is cocking the whole club up. I personally think that AVB has the makings of a good manager - but he's being handcuffed by the Torres situation and is always under threat due to the notorious trigger-happiness of your owner.

As soon as Drogba gets back, I would imagine there will be a very fast turnaround in Chelsea's fortunes - if AVB is man enough to drop ladyboy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Personally, I think it's Torres. He's the wrong player and completely out of form, he's become the focus of all the ills, and is cocking the whole club up. I personally think that AVB has the makings of a good manager - but he's being handcuffed by the Torres situation and is always under threat due to the notorious trigger-happiness of your owner.

As soon as Drogba gets back, I would imagine there will be a very fast turnaround in Chelsea's fortunes - if AVB is man enough to drop ladyboy.
    I don't think it's just that, we can't unlock the defence anyway, so what good would that do?
    Although, I think we might need drogba to come back, for the fact that he's been in africa for a month and has been scoring goals regularly, he can carry on the form with his new found confidence (hopefully) but I reckon this might happen.
    AVB was man enough to drop torres when he was in form. So I guess he should drop him when drogba comes back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Yeah. Hope Arsenal loose, seeing as Liverpool have lost already and Spurs should win at home with Bale on form. Just need to be wary of Ba and Cisse tbh. Oh and Mata's off..
    With the subs he's made, it's looks like he's pretty much accepted we've lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)

If anyone will drop Torres, it's AVB mate. We need Drogba back and starting asap. I love Torres but this is unbearable and for the club's and his sake he needs to be dropped now. He may come into his own next season with more creativity around but till then we need Drogba. We also need Ramires back, this proves how much we need his attacking runs, willingness and determination in that midfield.

Edit:

(Original post by Hemzo)
    It's not the first time he's done it this season, just look at United, they didn't give up for a second last week and came back from 3-0, albiet however they got their goals. Major fixing required at the club and AVB is the man to do that, even if he makes questionable subs.

DAMNIT Henry scored, 2-1 Arsenal -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Well, to be fair, it didn't look like we were gonna get a goal out of nowhere like the liverpool match. We should have sat deep and conserved the game I think rather than going high line. But, he's the manager, every move he makes is under scrutiny, so I can't slate him. When things go his way, everyone loves him, when it doesn't and a team doesn't roll over for chelsea, then we're calling for his head. Our morale is just poor at the moment.

Also, I think we'll step up against napoli so i'm not too worried.

ReputationRep:
    Henry scores for Arsenal.

That puts Henry on the same goal count as Torres in the league this season.

ReputationRep:
    I wish this season had ended yesterday. Newcastle, Liverpool and Arsenal are all better than us, and I cant see us keeping up. We'll be playing in the Europa League next season.

ReputationRep:
    Its very quiet in here, I can almost hear the crumble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Its very quiet in here, I can almost hear the crumble.
    We've been crumbling so much, there's nothing left to crumble. Ergh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    We've been crumbling so much, there's nothing left to crumble. Ergh.
    We've been crumbling since the united match at old trafford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Well, to be fair, it didn't look like we were gonna get a goal out of nowhere like the liverpool match. We should have sat deep and conserved the game I think rather than going high line. But, he's the manager, every move he makes is under scrutiny, so I can't slate him. When things go his way, everyone loves him, when it doesn't and a team doesn't roll over for chelsea, then we're calling for his head. Our morale is just poor at the moment.

Also, I think we'll step up against napoli so i'm not too worried.
    In general our chances that we make are poor. Our team looks to play the possession game, but what's the point of having so much possession when you can't break down teams? We pass so slowly and broadcast every pass we make that the other team know exactly what our next move is.

Cole doesn't bomb down the wing as before and just cuts back and passes it to Mata. If we didn't have Mata or Sturridge in the team, we'd be nowhere near the top 5. The whole team needs improving if you ask me, we've played some very ugly football and quite frankly, I think in some cases, we are extremely lucky to even be where we currently are.

I'm just saying it as it is, we've been fairly poor this season. What's the point of drawing against Man Utd one week, only to lose 2-0 to Everton next week? We should be consistent with our football, but we aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    In general our chances that we make are poor. Our team looks to play the possession game, but what's the point of having so much possession when you can't break down teams? We pass so slowly and broadcast every pass we make that the other team know exactly what our next move is.

Cole doesn't bomb down the wing as before and just cuts back and passes it to Mata. If we didn't have Mata or Sturridge in the team, we'd be nowhere near the top 5. The whole team needs improving if you ask me, we've played some very ugly football and quite frankly, I think in some cases, we are extremely lucky to even be where we currently are.

I'm just saying it as it is, we've been fairly poor this season. What's the point of drawing against Man Utd one week, only to lose 2-0 to Everton next week? We should be consistent with our football, but we aren't.
    Completely right, today cole did go down the wing a bit in the second half and get crosses in, but the quality of the final ball was extremely poor, lampard wasn't effective today, although that wasn't really his fault. I wish we could just hoof the ball up to a target man and score tbh and again it seems like mata has no space whatsoever to do anything and was effectively marked out of the game. they pressured our wing backs too. we really need to up our tempo if we're doing this passing football and building from the back.

ReputationRep:
    Glad I didn't end up watching the game, would have been a depressing waste of time.

So inconsistent this season even AVB said this was the worst game all season...

ReputationRep:
    Crumbling crumbling Chelsea are plodding,
    Not a sweet crumbling pie,
    apple, plums or pudding,
    very soon we may die.

Edit: :'(

ReputationRep:
    AVB needs to go. He lost control after the 5-3 defeat to Arsenal and has been unable to motivate the team or get his tactics right since then.

I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again. We should never have sacked Ancelotti. And now we're going to miss out on Mourinho, because Abramovich paid £25 million to get an inexperienced and incapable manager.

ReputationRep:

Tick tock Mr Boas, tick tock.

I had faith at the start of the season, he's just not good enough. He clearly can't motivate the team and his tactical nous just isn't there. Once the team start asking questions its over, he's got no history, and no playing experience. He can't allow them to lose faith, that will happen very soon if he doesn't pick up.

ReputationRep:
    AVB's main problem is that he has one tactical idea and since day one it has been clear that the Chelsea players were too slow, too immobile, too stuck in their ways to play such a high pressure, high tempo game. If he was a decent manager he would have been able to modify his tactics and bleed them in over time as he finds the players he needs for his preffered system to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    We should never have sacked Ancelotti.
    Will never forgive RA for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Crumbling crumbling Chelsea are plodding,
    Not a sweet crumbling pie,
    apple, plums or pudding,
    very soon we may die.

Edit: :'(
    Lets wait till march, we know who's gonna crumble then. Them north london teams, then we take 3rd spot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    AVB needs to go. He lost control after the 5-3 defeat to Arsenal and has been unable to motivate the team or get his tactics right since then.

I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again. We should never have sacked Ancelotti. And now we're going to miss out on Mourinho, because Abramovich paid £25 million to get an inexperienced and incapable manager.
    So, what happens when we get rid of this manager, then we need another manager, you think mourinho will come to us if we sack his no2 man? What happens, when another top team takes a punt on this manager, then he makes them a top class team? Or do you expect us to get capello or something?

We'll be pissed off because we never gave him enough time, anyway, we're not going to do an arsenal, we have a job vs napoli, who have been crumbling in their league, a win against them will give us the momentum that we need to go upwards.

(Original post by Mess.)
    AVB's main problem is that he has one tactical idea and since day one it has been clear that the Chelsea players were too slow, too immobile, too stuck in their ways to play such a high pressure, high tempo game. If he was a decent manager he would have been able to modify his tactics and bleed them in over time as he finds the players he needs for his preffered system to work.
    You're right, but we're not going to sack the manager, every year we do this because we didn't win the league, I appreciate ancelotti, I wish he was still here, but I like AVB, I'm not gonna lose faith in him, it took 8 years for fergie to win his first league title with united. We could honestly win it next season with our team.

(Original post by Isometrix)
    Will never forgive RA for that.
    That sacking was harsh. I think AVB's losing the dressing room however. Had we beaten arsenal, we would be above tottenham and level on points with united and city. Terry's controversy didn't help either. This isn't just AVB's fault, but he really needs to look at the game more tactically. Anyway, if we axe one more manager, we might as well get fiorentina perez on the board because I think we'll be level on sackings then.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.